It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with stadium security in France? (Euro 2016)

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This happened at todays game between the Czech Republic and Croatia. T's & C's prevent me from saying what i'd like to about fans like these....so i'll just ask the question instead....considering that France is in the middle of a heightened alert state, how on earth are fans able to get pyrotechnics into a stadium like this?

Yes i know they come in all shapes and sizes, but there should be measures in place to prevent it.

Imagine that being a device for more nefarious purposes.

My personal opinion, when a country is on high alert for a terrorist attack, and when that country is probably jumpy due to recent terror attacks, any fans doing this should not only do prison time, but the team should leave too. Or at least be put on a warning like he Russians and Brits.

Just having a bit of a rant as footie thugs....and general idiots....royally piss me off!

CX.
edit on 17/6/16 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Its just been posted dude but i agree with you about the security situation.

I can't think why this is happening could be that France have directed too many resources into protecting form terrorism and not enough in preventing the tugs.

Although if i was ISIS i would be sending 20 or so guys over to France for the final right now so i dont know.

its a farce!

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeah i reckon thats whats happening.....and Ah bugger....cheers for that, i did look but couldn't see anything.

Mods can someone delete this please?

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It happens at nearly every big football game in europe, but good thing you threw in a little jab at the french.

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Ha thats almost funny
I am getting at the crap security in the French stadiums, fair enough that seems to be the French's responsibility so i guess they are going to be under question here.

The French in general though? Not a chance. Have never met a French person i didn't like, and my daughter lives in Paris at the moment and she is being looked after very well indeed by the French.

No need to have a dig at the French from my side at all.

All about letting explosive devices into a game at a time when people are waiting for the next big bang.

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
It happens at nearly every big football game in europe, but good thing you threw in a little jab at the french.

No it does not!

There are thousands of games played a year in Europe and this kind of trouble is very rare.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That steward was a very lucky man. Nice little front-flip he did, though, that’ll be one for football gaff videos in 20 years time.

join