It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatian Fans Throw Flares on Field at Croatia vs. Czech Republic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Croatian fans sitting behind the net threw several flares on the pitch around the eighty-sixth minutes of the Croatia vs. Czech Republic game.

As a steward on the field went to pick one up and throw it into a fire bucket, a small explosion occured. No word on injuries to the steward.

A fair sized section of seats was soon cleared, and I assume the offending fans either ran off, or were apprehended.

How does a fan get explosive flares into a sporting event this size??

I wasn't part of the "terrorists are coming for UEFA" crowd, but I did wonder for a second if a distraction was being created.

Pretty poor behaviour from fans of some countries this year. It's sad really.

Not much in the way of video, yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You have to ask with this much trouble amongst fans at this competition how much of it is due to the bad behaviour of the fans and how much of it is down to the incompatibly of French police and security.

Sure bad fans are going to cause trouble however at the same time surly the organisers along with the police have a responsibility to prevent the few bad fans causing this kind of trouble and getting flares into the stadium.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Definitely! At any large sporting event I've been too, internationally or here in Canada, bag checks, purse checks, pat downs, etc. are usually the norm.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Do you actually think that some rent a cop is going to find a weapon or explosive device on any determined offender? I would bet you could sneak in far worse.

new topics

top topics

join