It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, this was a shocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Okay ATS, please pardon the pun there. (In the title, that is). I had a pretty wild dream last week. I'm not sure if it has meaning or if it's just a dream but maybe some of the experts here can weigh in.

In this dream I was looking out a window at an approaching storm. For some reason I think I was in a hotel room and I had a view of a bridge. (Maybe the Ben Franklin bridge in Philly?) The lightning was really bad and it was traveling horizontally across the sky instead of vertically. I began to get afraid and tried to hide in the cushions of a couch.

This is where it gets weird. I was struck by a bolt of lighting and I felt the electricity course through my body. As this was happening I also felt the weight of someone else on the couch (or was it my bed at this point?) and a voice in my head saying "this is my gift to you".

Now, I know that lightning in dreams can symbolize good luck...so I bought a lottery ticket.
I haven't checked it yet and if I hit then drinks are on me!

Other than that, I can't seem to get this dream out of my head.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

"There can be only one"
www.youtube.com...

No?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well that's interesting. I study the Japanese Sword...although my technique hasn't gotten any better since last week!

Also, I hat to admit it but I never really watched Highlander. All I know about it is the guy had a sword and Sean Connery was in it.
edit on 17-6-2016 by RomaSempre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The 'Quickening' in Holly Wood movies aside, found this…

dreaming of lightning

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

This is where it gets weird. I was struck by a bolt of lighting and I felt the electricity course through my body.

It could be your arm or leg or something fell asleep and it caused you to dream you were struck by lightning, making you move where you needed the circulation.

I notice pain in often plays out in your dream added in and is sometimes helpful making you move or wake up.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So you say you tried to hide in the cushions of the couch and I envision you head down under the seat cushion leaving your butt up in the air. Guess where the lightning gets you in my imagination???¿¿¿ Then the voice of God or who ever says this is my gift to you. I'm laughing out loud for sure.
More priceless than a master card commercial.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Usually along the lines of dreaming of finding a toilet.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

No expert here Roma.
The approaching storm I can see as the approaching world cataclysm. It's not here yet but all we have to do is look out the window and we can see it coming from the momentary safety of our little rooms.
The room is not your room but a hotel room suggesting that this is not your home but that you are visiting. This can be interpreted as we are ALL just visiting here in the first place.
The bridge suggests that there is a way out, that the coming storm can be left behind, that we need to cross the bridge to safety.
The horizontal lighting suggests that the coming cataclysm is not a divine intervention or retribution but rather a cataclysm brought on by man.
You got fearful and tried to hide in the cushions, as if that would help you. So you got struck by the lightning that would have killed you but for one thing. The presence sitting next to you soothing you. The gift to you was you were not dead, you were living through it with help. So
The message? Go find the bridge.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No one ever said God didn't have a sense of humor! And why did I think I could hide in a couch anyway? At least it was God (or whoever) with a lightning bolt and not Thor with his hammer...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Now I'm not just laughing. Tears are streaming down my face. I'm very visual.
You are very funny.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

yeah that too!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I have to admit I have experienced that also! Have you ever dreamed your foot was caught in something and found your foot was in pain or going asleep (I am an old codg)? I have had leg pain a lot and many times it is incorporated into my dream as some experience.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I carried the pain of a tooth ache into a dream. I dreamed I was crying and couldn't remember who my dentist was.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Storms can mean distress in life while bridges are all about crossing from one place to another in life. That you hid from it means you are either fearful of it (your fear indicates that) or that you are prudent or a mix of the two (fearing something can sometimes be the wise thing). Lightning is/can be supernatural. That along with your unseen visitor indicate perhaps the lightning that strikes you is divine/spiritual protection that will help see you through this difficult time.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I've woken out of dreams into a migraine several times in the past, and the pain in my head was part of the dream I woke out of.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You have a subconscious attraction to Ben Franklin, hence the bridge that either was or looked like the one that bears his name. The fact that it was a bridge and not a $20 note (or whatever note he's on over there), tells you a little about why you are attracted to him. It is probably something to do with safety during troubled times (the bridge standing in a storm, the bridge over troubled waters). Even though he was not physically strong and not a famous warrior, Ben Franklin used his brains to protect himself and manipulate his changing times and take advantage of them. The lightning also has two meanings, firstly the apocryphal image of Ben Franklin standing in a storm flying a kite, and secondly the trouble ahead. Like Franklin learning about and thus controlling electricity, the trouble ahead could be safely navigated and taken advantage of if you are smart enough or are hooked up with someone who is.

The part about you hiding in the couch is because you are s__t scared about being attracted to Benjamin Franklin, I mean looking at that face I think he has a thing for you too.

edit on 3/7/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join