It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat Loaf collapses on stage in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Meat Loaf collapsed on stage Thursday at his show in Edmonton during his performance of his hit song I'd Do Anything for Love , the singer had cancelled shows earlier in the week due to ill health.
True professional Meat continues to sing even after his collapse.

There's no news as yet as to how he is doing but my fingers are firmly crossed that Meat is OK.

Edit
A report from a front row fan says Meat regained consciousness shortly after the collapse.

A fan who said he was in the front row told the station he saw the singer collapse, but he heard Meat Loaf quickly regained consciousness. “The got him revived, is what I was told,” Jim Thibaudeau told Global News. “He knew his name and where he was. And he seemed to be okay.”
A local radio station also reported that Meat Loaf had fainted but been revived.
www.washingtonpost.com...

As this is not his first on stage collapse there is reason to believe he will be OK.

edit on 17-6-2016 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
hopefully he's ok.
the way he carried on...you gotta respect that type of loyalty to the music and his fans.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't think the loaf actually kept singing, I think the lipsync tape kept playing.

This news will depress many mid-aged Australian women, that sir meatloaf loafed up.

Some people have a point of not being able to perform anymore. Meatloaf is there.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
A performers performer he is,...

Get well soon Meat.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Oh the irony that the 1st vid you posted was two outta three aint bad, then proceeded to post 3 videos

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I pray for his speedy recovery.

I dare say he is one of the last of what can be called true musicians and performers.

He ACTUALLY sings on stage WITHOUT any "enhancements" or lip syncing.
He ACTUALLY WROTE his own songs.

Isnt a jag bag, in and out of jail and APPRECIATES his fans.

He (from what I heard) is nice and respectful to his fans at his performances.

He is a true treasure.

My regret is have not had the honor of seeing him live

Scrounger

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I pray for his speedy recovery. Have seen in concert about 15 times. In large venues and small. A truly amazing person.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I watched a film recently Bout the life of meat loaf. I love the guy, in my top 3 musicians of all time ( was raised on him in car cassette). I still listen to his music on a regular basis and k ow most the words. A proper musician. He had a story to tell with a beginning middle and an end. How many songs last over 9 minutes that you don't get bored with these days?

Hope he's alright.

Can any members please post the video where he is interviewed and sings back with the interviewer. (The ginger guy from celebrity juice) . It shows how great the guy actually is. No other celebrity would do what he done.

Truly a legend in my eyes and never got the redid he deserved. Adleast bat out of hell was voted one of the best driving songs of all time

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

You mean this ?

Latest update is that Meat Loaf is "stable and in good condition"
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 17-6-2016 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thankyou so much...adleast other members who are unaware how great the guy is can see a lil piece of his charisma. Cheers again.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

Can't keep Eddie down.

Well , unless you're Dr Frankfurter that is.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What? I thought Meatloaf died over 10 years ago by drug over dose?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Meat Loaf is one cool dude. A genuinely decent guy.

I wish him all the best.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I hope he'll be okay. I can't believe he kept singing after he went down. What a professional.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
His name is Robert Paulson, his name is Robert Paulson, his name is Robert Paulson…

BBC reported Meatloaf tweeted out “severe dehydration” as the cause (Meat Loaf 'stable' after stage collapse eta - same story as gortex's above). I am glad the stage did not collapse! That is a totally different headline and the BBC should know better!

No mention of Wolff-Parkinson-White disease in the BBC story.

Get well you Bat Out of Hell!

[ETA: Did not see this thread and posted most of the above in a now closed thread but had a copy in notepad!]

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Hope he's recovering! Always been a fan. Excellent singer, and even my kids like his stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

He's recovering well according to reports and should be leaving hospital soon.

The rock singer should be able to head home soon, said spokesman Jeremy Westby "He was admitted to a nearby hospital to undergo routine tests," Westby said. "His vital signs are stable and normal — he's responsive and recovering well." Westby blamed dehydration for the singer's collapse near the end of his show at the Northern Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton on Thursday night.
edition.cnn.com...

Good news.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I don't think the loaf actually kept singing, I think the lipsync tape kept playing.

This news will depress many mid-aged Australian women, that sir meatloaf loafed up.

Some people have a point of not being able to perform anymore. Meatloaf is there.

Yeah. I think he used to actually sing. I think he doesn't sing anymore because he basically can't. I have seen a couple of live performances on YT where he definitely seems to be singing live. And if he isn't, he's a damn good lipsync artist. Which I guess would take almost as much talent as actually singing.

EDIT - I just noticed he has a Nixon nose. LOL
edit on 19-6-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Good to hear! Getting to the age that too many celebs I like are getting older!

top topics

join