It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wonderful story in response to orlando massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't have a link because I heard it on kgo radio in the car today

the grandmother of the youngest victim in the orlando slaughter was traveling on the plane to florida....they made an announcement and had a moment of silence...the attendants had a piece of paper and as they gave out the peanuts and drinks they asked the passengers to sign for the grandmother, by the time they were done they had pages,

people wrote their names, messgaes, etc....when leaving the plane, EACH person stopped some gave her a hug some touched her hand, every person acknowledged her...and nobody became impatient...they all quietly slowly took their time.

this restores my faith in humanity.....I am also thankful to all the people who donated blood and the lady who drove 5 hours with her little dog to help comfort those in need ( and the others who brought their dogs as well)

virgin air flying the families of the victims free of charge

and chic fil let they lowered their flags at half mast and came in on sunday which they never do and brought free food to the blood donors and responders.....and they gave coupons to the blood donors for a free lemonade.

this is the America I love...even if we don't agree...when the crap hits the fan we step up to the plate and act like human beings!!

these people make me proud to be an american

edit on 16-6-2016 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

edit on 17-6-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

edit on 17-6-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

That's an uplifting story, but I have a few questions. What do you mean they made an announcement on the plane and had a piece of paper for people to sign in order to give to the grandmother? When did that happen? Was she flying to the funeral, was she on board as the crime happened? How did the pilot know that a grandmother of the victim was on the plane? I would imagine that it happened a day after the massacre, but I don't want to presume anything. Just asking.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sometimes

It's Okay to question, there is so much disinformation out there.

I googled the story and found this link;

www.nbcnews.com...

She was traveling to be with family after she lost her 20-year-old grandson, Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, in Sunday's shooting at the Pulse nightclub. What flight attendant Kelly Davis Karas ended up doing was something more meaningful — and showed the heartbroken passenger that even on a plane full of strangers, she wasn't alone.

The kindness of strangers in a time of grief is amazing. Well done Jet Blue

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

thank you, I did not have a link I heard it on KGO as I was heading to the recycle center I tried to remember it as best I could...If I got anything wrong...I apologize if I got anything wrong... the point being that various people responded in a caring matter to this situation
edit on 17-6-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Nothing to add but S&F, wish I had a napkin.
Yep, the America I know and love is still here.
Shame it takes a tragedy like this to bring it out.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Beautiful, thank you for sharing.

I think Chick-A-Fil is especially worthy of applause here, it did my heart good to hear about that. Unfortunately, I went to link a story about it and the ones I found were just used to lob hate at liberals or the left. We weren't even given a chance to say hey that's a really nice thing you did. Oh well. It doesn't take away any of the love given to the grieving.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

edit on 6/17/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Beautiful, thank you for sharing.

I think Chick-A-Fil is especially worthy of applause here, it did my heart good to hear about that. Unfortunately, I went to link a story about it and the ones I found were just used to lob hate at liberals or the left. We weren't even given a chance to say hey that's a really nice thing you did. Oh well. It doesn't take away any of the love given to the grieving.

This was my takeaway too! Floored by their response, I hope it was done for the right reasons.

My fiancé and I do not eat at chic-fil-a for political reasons but that is mostly at her behest. Is it selfish of me to hope that they were being unselfish in their actions so that maybe my fiancé will let us eat there again?

I can't stand the bigotry but AMGZ those chik'n sammiches are really frackin good lol

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

My memory gets a little foggy here and there but someone on ATS posted about a gay/lesbian person, people/couple buying a franchise... so maybe the company as a whole has had a change of heart, I hope so.

Regardless the food still is not good for you

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

My memory gets a little foggy here and there but someone on ATS posted about a gay/lesbian person, people/couple buying a franchise... so maybe the company as a whole has had a change of heart, I hope so.

Regardless the food still is not good for you

That's lovely, I really hope that is the case!

Here is the chick-fil-a story in The Christian Times. Props to them for doing this despite their personal beliefs. The victims were humans, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, husbands and wives before they were homosexual.

And damn, I know it's not good for my health or my eternal soul to eat there but guilty pleasures are guilty.

edit on 6/17/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: Sometimes

It's Okay to question, there is so much disinformation out there.

I googled the story and found this link;

www.nbcnews.com...

She was traveling to be with family after she lost her 20-year-old grandson, Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, in Sunday's shooting at the Pulse nightclub. What flight attendant Kelly Davis Karas ended up doing was something more meaningful — and showed the heartbroken passenger that even on a plane full of strangers, she wasn't alone.

The kindness of strangers in a time of grief is amazing. Well done Jet Blue

Thank you for the clarifcation!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the link

new topics

top topics

join