It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's drug-test the rich before approving tax deductions!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow, ATS sure isn't what is used to be. Topics like this don't get closed or moved to HOAX?

Anyhow, why not just drug test every person then?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Wow, ATS sure isn't what is used to be. Topics like this don't get closed or moved to HOAX?

Anyhow, why not just drug test every person then?

Why is this a hoax?

The woman WANTS and plans to submit this legislation? A HOAX is a fake story or intentional LIE.

BTW...Mt. Dew is awesome. I have a recipe for my own Baja Blast if you want it.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

which, according to 2011 tax data compiled by the IRS, would only be households with a yearly federal adjusted gross income of more than $1m – to submit to the IRS a clear drug test from a sample no more than three months old,

So rather than change the tax structure and deductions and income shifting to lower tax regimes by the likes of Apple and Microsoft lets chase the ordinary business people and call them drug users and suspected drug dealers then you can confiscate their assets - to balance the cooked books of Government!

Aren't people allowed to enjoy what they spend their after tax dollars any more? Lets just make criminals of them - meanwhile the criminals on Wall St get bailed out at Taxpayer expense

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

In some places...

If you are poor, you are a CRIMINAL already. There is a war on poor people in this country -- people WANT to make them all criminals.

People forget...

They too could come under hardship and find themselves poor...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Here's a new one...I haven't seen THIS before!

We've seen in Florida and other places people get tested when ON forms of public assistance. What does ATS think about THIS idea though...?

Milwaukee congresswoman Gwen Moore, though, is “sick and tired, and sick and tired of being sick and tired, of the criminalization of poverty” she said in an interview on Wednesday. And, she added: “We’re not going to get rid of the federal deficit by cutting poor people off Snap. But if we are going to drug-test people to reduce the deficit, let’s start on the other end of the income spectrum.”

Why do I get the FEELING that more than a few politicians would be squirming as well as high paying donors? Can one REALLY sweat bullets? LOL

Moore plans to introduce a bill on Thursday that she thinks will even the playing field or, at least, “engage the wealthy in a conversation about what fair tax policy looks like”. The bill, called the Top 1% Accountability Act, would force taxpayers with itemized deductions of more than $150,000 – which, according to 2011 tax data compiled by the IRS, would only be households with a yearly federal adjusted gross income of more than $1m – to submit to the IRS a clear drug test from a sample no more than three months old, or take the much lower standard deduction when filing their taxes.

The Guardian

That's quite...BOLD if you ask ME! Asking the wealthy to do more?! Shame, shame, shame! We should be just GLAD they're here for us!

Drug test THE biggest tax-detecting wealthy...

Novel? Insulting? Biting the marvelous hand that feeds us?

How bad of a case of Stockholm syndrome does America have?

How about...

-reduce the corporate tax rate to 0%
-remove the IRS
-remove income taxes
-If corporations fail to follow community standards they lose their limited liability in that community.
-Corporations pay more interest on loans/lines of credit from publicly owned banks/creditors if they violate community standards.
-make small business easier to start and maintain
-ban corporate lobbying.
edit on 17-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

A couple of your ideas are realistic.

No income tax is only realistic if you implement a consumption based tax.

Even if we basically got rid of the federal government, state governments would receive more power ( good thing in my opinion)
And need money to manage public things - roads, parks, etc.

Most things can be turned to the free market. Not all things, though.

Roads for instance wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't be reasonable for a business to charge any price they want as a toll, but competition wouldn't work either. You can't just burn down every forest and blast away every mountain to create another road would more competitive toll pricing.
edit on 17-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Absolutely since Wall street runs on nose candy, I think it could make a lot of tax dollars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join