It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Families Plead With Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
a reply to: reldra

It's whatever you want it to be.
Aren't we just adding letters at this point?
Every time I turn around there are more letters and symbols.
Wouldn't want to leave anyone out, someone could get offended.

No, WE are not, YOU are.

Making up things that don't exist to be sarcastic has got to be OT.
edit on 16-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Just a guess.
edit on 16-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It's not such a bad start and maybe darpa will make some robots that specialize in door duty where you cant really complain too much if they get a bit frisky with the hand sensors.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So you're going to cry about it?

How am I off topic cause I added extra letters to one of my on topic posts?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So you support every government agency buying and stocking up on ammunition as well then? After Sandy Hook, there was a sky rocket purchase of government agencies buying ammunition, The USPS has bought hundreds of thousands of rounds, DHS bout 450 million rounds,the FBI bout 100 million of hollow point rounds, Social Secuurity Agency requested 175,000 rounds, USDA sought 320,000 rounds, and the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration sought nearly 50,000 rounds. So if it is ok for these sectors of government to own such high quantities of ammo, who exactly is their target? I mean within 2 years or so, agencies requested funds for multi-billions of ammunition.

So if you are for dissarming or restricting the public, just know who you will answer to, every single government officer, and they will make you bow to them.

Just remember that the Nazi's banned Jews from owning weapons and a year later...well I think you know what happened. Is this the same...No, but you take away the right ro defend yourself against your own government then the government is in control of the populace even if they intend to bring war to the homeland, or create a crisis so prevailant that they need to use the FEMA camps and noone will be able to fight back. This is just hypothetical, but to think our/any government is incapable or unwilling to do that to their people, well it happens all the time, and there are people that know history and know why a right so important to protect ourselves from tyrrany is placed only 2nd to freedom of speech.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The solution is to stop letting terrorists into the country.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Obama said this, I have said this...the darkness, strobe lights, a crowd and loud music, would make that more of a disaster. Ricochet, confusion, friendly fire.

Didn't he just describe what already happened?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Some in the LGBT community admit that the initials as becoming a bit long, so many are going with LGBT plus or LGBT+.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Excellent points.
I don't see the need for a rifle that can mow down a crowd. Not for hunting.
Home protection? Who are you expecting ? A zombie apocalypse?
And Relda is right. If they were going to come for your guns you'd hand them right over. Not that they're looking to do that.
But if they were you are not going to stop them.
Seriously though. No fly no buy seems sensible.
I'd add that if you were ever on a watch list or no fly list and came off that list that during a normal background check there would still be a flag. Not to restrict purchase but to advise LE. of the purchase.
That and...
Take the weapons of war off the menu.
There are still plenty of toys out there.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Emotional drivel.

Manipulation at it's finest.

"It's for the children!"

If Obama really wanted to honor the families and the dead, he'd be bombing ISIS strongholds. Not this emotional bullcrap.

I'm not moved by this.

If we are going to make decisions based on emotions and not on rational facts, then our country is well and truly ####ed.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I plead with the Government all the time to follow the Constitution and they don't listen to me. Why should the Government listen to a bunch of whiners who want to violate our founding document?

Tough crap...emotions are worthless. Logic is golden.
edit on 2016/6/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes, we have come to that realization. Remember Stonewall? Some of us were already aware of the dangers. This incident has caused a lot of the rest of us to wake up. You may say it's only one pro gun LGBT organization. You may even believe that. We will protect ourselves. Stonewall proved that. Some think Gay Pride marches are just to strut and shove it in straight people's faces. It's actually the anniversary of Stonewall.

link   
Except this wasn't a gun control problem. This was a failure of the government to use the power it already has to stop people like Mateen from committing these crimes.

Doesn't matter really. The ignorant will continue to ask the government to take their rights away without justification.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Alcohol and guns do not mix. No guns in nightclubs. Hows that?

Agree 100%

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Instead of making policy based on reason and logic, our entire judicial system is being emotionally driven.

We're not doing what is right.

We are doing what "feels" good.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Metallicus

Instead of making policy based on reason and logic, our entire judicial system is being emotionally driven.

We're not doing what is right.

We are doing what "feels" good.

Exactly.

Too many emotional basket cases willing to give up their brains to 'feel better'. Those are the people that TPTB use to control the masses. It is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre
Except this wasn't a gun control problem. This was a failure of the government to use the power it already has to stop people like Mateen from committing these crimes.

This can not be stressed enough.

It's very disturbing that when a crisis unfolds that people instantly turn to government to save them. We are a FREE people. Pick any other topic and we can pick apart why and how government fails. Currency, infrastructure, borders, security, health care, welfare, social security? Anything good to say about those? So what makes ANYONE think that we keep our faith in a system that systematically lets us down and squanders our tax dollars?

The gun is the wrong boogeyman.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

That sums up what I think about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

President Barack Obama said

Well, that pretty much put an end to that before it got started

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hey , my first ever double post

edit on 6/17/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Cry about it? No. I am pointing out that adding nonsense letters to LGBTQ is...wait for it....nonsense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join