It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 25 years 2 packs a day, attempting to quit smoking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I quit last year, after smoking 1-2 packs a day for 29 years.

If I could do it, you can too!

GOOD LUCK!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Drink plenty of water and exercise daily.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just quit..?It only took me 10 years...

Good luck....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Good luck to you and to my husband as well. He's trying to quit smoking after 5 years addicted to cigarettes. I am not sure if he could as he's tries this several times before and all was failure

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I stopped 6 1/2 weeks ago. Cold turkey. Withdrawal wasn't horrible and I occasionally want one but it passes in a minute or 2. However, the changes that the body goes through while trying to learn how to function without nicotine and all the other chemicals is the real tough part. Digestion is a mess, acid reflux and heartburn because the digestive system slows down while trying to learn how to function on it's own. Fatigue due to no longer getting the stimulant and lower blood pressure. Skin issues as toxins are being expelled. Hoarse voice. Things like that. Was 20 years for me and the body really does have to learn how to function on it's own all over again.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm approaching two weeks off the cigs, after 25 years on them. I knew the first three days would be miserable so I slept through them as much as possible. Next few days I'd have some seriously compelling cravings, but less than a dozen times a day. Now at day 10, I'd like to have a cigarette, and that fairly frequently throughout the day, but it's not that "I got to have one" feeling. Besides the cravings, (After the first 5 days), I haven't had a lot of terrible symptoms, wake up a little more at night but I also feel a little more energetic in general.

Sun flower seeds are helping and I'm going through those medium lengthy coffee straws too. Will quitting actually "take" this time? I don't know but day 8 was the longest I'd been without a cig in 25 years, so I'm hoping so.

The best advice I received so far, is learn from the times you tried to quit and failed. Then alter your approach accordingly. What works seems to be very individual.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

I switched from cigarettes to snus a couple months back, and I'm doing alright so far. How's it for you?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
it's really good news to hear. However, would like to adopt any way like vaping, e-cigarettes, e-juice and many more instead of smoking. I have seen many guys are following those methods to quit smoking forever. And hopefully they are effective in that case. According to their feedback the same taste and flavor in it. The following methods may describe you a bit www.blacknote.com...

Thanks for your time. And all the best!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

To say it bluntly if you ever get a craving to put a cig in your mouth try thinking of it as putting a dick in your mouth, that is why in Britain they call cigarettes faggots (slang). I am not trying to be offensive in anyway just speaking straight up truth. You can imagine whatever you feel like after your reading and make your own interpretation of what I said.

That is something someone told me once and made my face cringe...haven't looked back since and it stuck with me for a really really really long time =)

Good luck in your winning battle over the toxic plumes of chemically induced tobacco products!

edit on 10-12-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Hey Middle,

I went cold turkey and I think tomorrow will be 21 days without a cig. There are a few times a day now where I'd like to have one, more on the weekend when I'm home. All in all though, it hasn't been that bad, other than the first few days.

There have been times where I thought I should have substituted something like snuff or e cigs, but now I'm too far quit to start anything like that up.

Good luck to you Middle.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join