It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 25 years 2 packs a day, attempting to quit smoking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

OMGEE, I am glad your ok. I am sorry you had a heart attack!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Good luck and generic advice (which you're already doing) - replace it with something ...sonethingS actually. Whatever you need in the moment. I chose vaping (not ideal for the pocketbook, but it helped immensely), exercise and more fruits and vegetables.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
On the brighter side, a Bag of cigar shapped carrots only cost me 1.76 no Tax!!!!

beats 4.95 after tax for Winstons.

Good lord, I would have saved about $1500 my last year of smoking had i lived where you do!

... And damn near $2 in carrot tax now!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Nice step to make. Wishing the best of luck to you.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Your a kind person! Watch this, good things happen to people like you!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Now your golden!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Now your golden!

Nice lol

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Lol

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I went cold turkey on June 5th.
It blows.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
It sucks but that is how I did it too. The patches and the nicotine gum just keep you addicted to nicotine. You have to just decide to stop smoking.

How was your withdrawal? Mine was horrible.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Good luck and generic advice (which you're already doing) - replace it with something ...sonethingS actually. Whatever you need in the moment. I chose vaping (not ideal for the pocketbook, but it helped immensely), exercise and more fruits and vegetables.

Vaping CAN help and actually can be quite affordable after an initial investment. The biggest problem for most people who try vaping is finding a combination of battery/cartomizers/liquid that works for them. Avoid the CHEAP stuff. Something like this should last for a long time unless you drop it into water a few times: iTaste MVP kit for about $40

The most expensive part is purchasing liquid- I suggest finding a flavor that you like by purchasing small bottles, then buy propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin bulk and add your own flavoring. There are many diy guides online such as this: DIY eliquid guide

I began using liquid with a fairly high amount of nicotine, now I'm down to the lowest available pre-mixed 8mg and I make it even less powerful by adding zero nicotine fluid. I hope to give it up completely someday... Since I quit smoking analogs a couple years ago I have noticed my health has improved and I don't reek (at least not from smoke).

Good luck no matter what route you choose. I hope that cold-turkey (or cold-carrot) works for you, but if it doesn't, at least give vaping a try. Don't listen to the negative propaganda- it is certainly less harmful than tobacco pipe/cigars/cigarettes especially if you make your own fluid using quality ingredients from trusted sources.
edit on 6172016 by seattlerat because: my spilling sugs

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Good luck CoBaZ!!!!!!
Positive thoughts of for your success!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
It sucks but that is how I did it too. The patches and the nicotine gum just keep you addicted to nicotine. You have to just decide to stop smoking.

How was your withdrawal? Mine was horrible.

It has been bad. I will be better when I hit the 21 day mark, so another week and things will be better.
I quit for 9 years once.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

After that point it's downhill, nicotine is a potent drug. I have a friend who smokes and she calls smoking a habit! LOL. I said to her the other night if it is a habit then stop smoking because your addicted to nicotine. She got mad at me telling me she is not addicted. She stopped smoking for two hours and was going thru withdrawal and started smoking again.

She agreed she is addicted.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

No question, it is an addiction.
The longer you use the harder it is to quit.... in my experience.
One thing I am experiencing that I have not on previous quitting attempts is HEARTBURN .

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I felt like the cheap ecigs made me want to smoke more, maybe I'm weird that way though.

That said, once I got a decent vape setup I never, ever looked back. Everything I loved about smoking, and much more. In some ways, it felt like cheating. Its supposed to be difficult!

Lungs havent felt this good in a very long time..
edit on 18-6-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No one warned me I would have to shave my beard and mustache because they stunk like cigs, 3 days in and I am getting sick from the nic smells in everything.

Febreeze is becoming my best friend....

edit on 18-6-2016 by CoBaZ because: added Febreeze line

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Keep going you good thing!!! Yes they stink...blyuk

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I felt like the cheap ecigs made me want to smoke more, maybe I'm weird that way though.

That said, once I got a decent vape setup I never, ever looked back. Everything I loved about smoking, and much more. In some ways, it felt like cheating. Its supposed to be difficult!

Lungs havent felt this good in a very long time..

Yeah, it works well.
not sure about the cheap ecig stuff...I guess they were too low a dose of nic for your level.

Trick is, once you quit, you gotta have basically the highest nic content..then month by month work down a bit. after about a year, you should be on nearly no nicotine..your own pace, nothing rushing it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I came to the conclusion that its how much nicotine is effectively delivered. Perhaps the chantix potentiates this?

I started with the basic ecig, then onto the basic pens. Even using 24mg/ml (highest local), it wasn't effective. Wasted money, imo. Using a "mod box" and a tank, I have yet to use higher than 6mg, and went to 3mg almost immediately. I think the decent setup also more closely replicates the enjoyable parts of smoking, which seemed to be a major factor for me.

I find it to be a fascinating topic, but I already know I'm strange.
I suspect most wouldn't worry about the details.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join