It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun store owner: We called FBI before Orlando shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: YukonJuan
technically at the time a crime hadn't been committed yet so I'm a little upset about these gun shop owners racial profiling the guy. I'm sure the whole time he was there he was given dirty looks and made to feel uncomfortable.

I thinking you're presuming quite a bit.

Its these types of people who drive these people to do what they do.

No one can "drive" anyone to do anything... much less such a violent and heinous crime.

No one can "drive" anyone to do anything... much less such a violent and heinous crime.

A man can be driven to do anything. This guy is living proof of that. If only people would have accepted him and his gay life style this would not have had to happen. Sad world we live in.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
One thing odd.

Afghanistan doesn't use Arabic.

So if he did in fact speak Arabic, he must have learned it somewhere other than at home.

Maybe the people at the store thought it was Arabic?

Who is Mateen's Mother?

This is getting better by the day.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: YukonJuan

So it was anti-gays that drove him to do this.

I see.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Excellent point!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Therefore, it is not the FBI, CIA, NSA, police, or homeland security fought huh .It's just...Obama's fought, loll. So now he has to travel to homeland security the FBI, and then the CIA and do their jobs. Grow up!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Every person who ever did a mass killing did so because they wanted to be accepted. That why this guy wanted to join ISIS, he just wanted to belong to something. We pick and jab at these people and when they finally explode people are shocked

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan
a reply to: DBCowboy

Every person who ever did a mass killing did so because they wanted to be accepted. That why this guy wanted to join ISIS, he just wanted to belong to something. We pick and jab at these people and when they finally explode people are shocked

Looks like he joined ISIS just fine. They're calling him one of their heroes!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: YukonJuan

I'm a believer of personal responsibility.

Not much more to say than that.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

SOROS not Obama...he is only a low life hustler from Chicago who got disbarred,politics are the ONLY jobs available,for this type of scum.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Some low level desk clerk type at the FBI might have got the call and ran the name and found the Mateen was a security guard
and filed it as nothing out of the normal for a security guard.

I would think they would also see that he had been investigated previously -- twice -- by the FBI, and that he had a history of violence and threats of violence, and do their due diligence...

At least I would hope so. But that's probably too much to expect from government.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So if Mateen was listed on the FBI watchlist back in 2012 I can understand him being a possible threat, but the gun store employee I'm assuming was unaware of that. The employee then refused to sell Mateen any amunition because they heard him speak arabic? Isn't Mateen Afghani? Why would he then speak arabic when he isn't arabic?

There is so much racial profiling and stereotyping here that is laughable, they basically see a 'foreign' looking dude and assume he's a terrorist straight away. They even profiled him incorrectly, most likely was not speaking arabic unless I am mistaken about Mateen's ethnicity, or he somehow learned arabic as a third or fourth language.

2016 - A white person walks into a gun shop is likely to be served regardless of how they look, carry themselves or speak.

- an arab looking person is highly likely to be refused service ..

what about a black person walking into a gunshop today? How are they treated

This is pure rascism, and it only serves to make american citizens look more ignorant.

It is ridiculous. I think non-arab looking people and non-muslims are responsible for most of the mass shootings that have taken place in america's history.

What the Gun shop employees should be doing is treating every potential customer equally and as human beings, and looking more at how the customer carries themselves and be aware of any suspicious orders or tendencies.
edit on 16-6-2016 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Would a good hard questioning do anything to stop him? He was under investigation before and he still did this.

One could argue (if being a jerk) that being questioned is the cause of his mass shooting as easy as not being questioned will stop a mass shooting.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So the attack is the fault of Christian, homophobic, racist, anti-Muslim, white people.

I see.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
One thing odd.

Afghanistan doesn't use Arabic.

So if he did in fact speak Arabic, he must have learned it somewhere other than at home.

Maybe the people at the store thought it was Arabic?

Who is Mateen's Mother?

This is getting better by the day.

Excellent points... good questions. This might tell us something interesting about his mother

Revealed: Orlando shooter’s mother was arrested for attacking his father in 2002

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So the attack is the fault of Christian, homophobic, racist, anti-Muslim, white people.

I see.

The gun store owner was also an ex-cop.
EDT: Probably a rich guy too.
edit on 16-6-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I see.

The gun store owner was also an ex-cop.
EDT: Probably a rich guy too.

that just makes it worse.

I'm sure Obama and the gay community will be apologizing for the death of camel-sh!t mateem.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Most of Afghanistan speaks two or three languages.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is why the investigation needs to run its course and people who are screaming for more laws from a reactionary standpoint need to calm down. If this is true the employees did the right thing, they 'saw something and said something' and guess who dropped the ball AGAIN? Uncle Sugar.

Yea, but more laws would totally fix this. Like if we ban AR-15s, he wouldn't have been able to do what he did.

Duh.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Has it been mentioned yet they didn't know his name and that they didn't have any video so this is a non issue?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The killer was sharmuta.

And that's all I'll say about it.

Anyone blaming some fictional made-up character is just an ISIS apologist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join