It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun store owner: We called FBI before Orlando shooting

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
To the people blaming the FBI a question -

At what point would you decide a person is not entitled to due process and their constitutional rights?

This is a problem of information.

It will be solved in the future using computers.

Basically, we need to know who will do what, before they do it, in order to prevent them from doing that thing.

There's only one way to solve this problem. You must track everybody, all their movements, and compare their actions with what they are allowed to do by law.

So everybody has to be chipped. The chip will send out a radio signal. And the satellites will track them around the land.

If a Muslim approaches a Federal Building, that could be a target, then the Computer Tracking System will alert the authorities, and the system will focus attention on that guy. No need for anyone to call the FBI. If the Muslim gets too close to the Federal Building, a "friendly" local police officer will approach him and ask him if he is "lost", and needs any assistance. The officer will be very polite and helpful and walk with the Muslim to the Federal Building, to see that he gets all the right assistance to do whatever legal matter he came to do that day. The officer will tell the Muslim that he is only there for his protection, and ask the Muslim if there's anything special the officer could help him with apart from providing guidance and security during his visit.

In this way, regardless of what's going on in the mind of each individual, all people will be guided helpfully to obey the laws.

The jails and prisons will all be closed down, due to lack of clients needing those services.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
BTW Where was the security at this Orlando nightclub.

In this day and age all public events should have professional security strapped and ready to put a bullet in a son of a bitch if they look wrong coming up from 30 yards or so and ask questions later!

Just like the public schools they should have metal detectors and pat down everybody, woman included, going in the place

I don’t know what they did there

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I've only read about one security guard, an off-duty police officer, who had the initial firefight with the gunman. I've read that he was preparing to leave when the gunman arrived, but I cannot pin down if this firefight took place inside or outside.

Actually, I find that I cannot pin down many specifics. So much is so vague and sketchy.

This article is among the most informative I've found:

What happened between 2 and 5 a.m.? The Orlando massacre, minute by minute

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I've only read about one security guard, an off-duty police officer, who had the initial firefight with the gunman. I've read that he was preparing to leave when the gunman arrived, but I cannot pin down if this firefight took place inside or outside.

Actually, I find that I cannot pin down many specifics. So much is so vague and sketchy.

This article is among the most informative I've found:

What happened between 2 and 5 a.m.? The Orlando massacre, minute by minute

Thanks much for the info. I'll be glad to check it out!

It just doesn't make sense to me about the lack of security.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It will take some time before we the public get specifics. Keep in mind the government is hush hush on other possible suspects, including his wife. Its still and active investigation and the last thing you want to do is release info that could jeopardize the capture of other possible suspects or adversely affect a prosecution of other suspects.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I think they did have security however I think the off duty officer was the only one armed. There was a story of another security officer, who was a marine, helping save people.

You will find security in places like this (large bars / clubs / popular places etc) are a mix of basic security (bouncers who arent armed) and on duty / off duty law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: Aazadan

The government threw the Constitution out the window many years ago when it passed the Unpatriot Act, effectively nullifying the 4th Amendment demands. It did it again with the recent NDAA amendments allowing indefinite detention.

This guy called the cops and the cops did nothing, is what he's saying, and that's the truth. Law enforcement comes away with egg on its face, as it is either incompetent or hiding some other agency's pawn.

So because the feds threw out parts of the Constitution, you want to throw out more?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

I read that he was refused the sale 1st..he then was on the phone in Arabic.
I'm not going to say racial profiling..You ever get a "gut feeling" a feeling that something is amiss..despite the appearance of being normal. I do and it's pretty accurate. I suspect it was the guy's behavior or ..vibe if you will, that made the employee suspicious as opposed to any racial profiling. We know how this ended.
Peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Just to expand on your comment... he was refused the sale because they did not carry the body armor he wanted, not because they had already profiled him. If they had any suspicions about him before the phone call, speaking a foreign language would have only reaffirmed those suspicions -- and for good reason!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

I'm not going to say racial profiling..You ever get a "gut feeling" ....

I wonder where he learned his Arabic.

I mean, he was born in New York. Would have spent his entire education learning in English in the USA.

His parents are from Afghanistan, where they speak Pasto and Dari. So, if he's speaking a different language at home, learned from his parents, it's likely some Afghan language, and not Arabic.

Languages spoken in Afghanistan

So, that leaves a great mystery, where did he obtained his proficiency in Arabic?

Something very fishy here.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

True, he was born and raised in the USA... true, his parents were Afghani... and true, the national languages are Peshto and Dari...

But he did take two trips to Saudi Arabia, and it is rumored that he received terrorist training. Maybe teaching the Arabic language was part of that training. Maybe he used Rosetta Stone. Maybe he picked it up from his terrorist friends. I'm sure the ability to speak at least some Arabic would be practical and perhaps expected/required in those circumstances. He would not need to be proficient or fluent; a conversational knowledge would probably be enough.

Mateen's twin trips to Saudi Arabia raise suspicions
edit on 19-6-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hmm, it's no more complicated than hearing someone speak Chinese..many different dialects or languages that a person unfamilliar with might call Chinese..could be Cantonese or Mandarin..etc.or in this case Arabic and simular dialects. IE might not of been Arabic exactly just simular middle eastern language. I don't think I would know the difference between Farsi and Arabic for example but might just think it's Arabic.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

True, he was born and raised in the USA... true, his parents were Afghani... and true, the national languages are Peshto and Dari...

But he did take two trips to Saudi Arabia,

He spent 8 days in Saudi Arabia in 2011, and 10 days there in 2012.

The 10 day trip was organized by New York University, and included 12 New York City Police Officers and groups from Columbia and Yale and visited Mecca and Medina.

Too short to learn Arabic.

and it is rumored that he received terrorist training.

Unless the 12 New York Police officers are also getting that terrorist training, can't see that happening during these visits.

Maybe teaching the Arabic language was part of that training.

It is possible that he was exposed to Arabic at his mosque. Since, the Koran is in Arabic, and just like Jewish Americans who pick up some Hebrew from their religious activities, some Arabic would be learned. Still, not enough to be proficient, unless he was a serious scholar of Islam, which all evidence says he was not.

Maybe he used Rosetta Stone.

Possible he learned something there. Still, it's very hard to learn a foreign language by oneself, without practicing it with other people. From his school reports, he didn't seem like a bright person academically, so it's really hard to see him picking up a foreign language easily.

Maybe he picked it up from his terrorist friends. I'm sure the ability to speak at least some Arabic would be practical and perhaps expected/required in those circumstances. He would not need to be proficient or fluent; a conversational knowledge would probably be enough.

These terrorist friends would have to be in the US, and in Florida, since that's where he spent most of his time.

It is possible he met them at his mosque. So, the mosque should be investigated.

Or, maybe there's something we don't know, like the CIA recruited him, and they trained him in Arabic, and something caused him to turn against his handlers.

The strangest report I've seen so far is this:

QUOTE:
He also added that his family and others believed he was gay, and that "the FBI asked her not to tell this to the American media".
END QUOTE

Omar Mateen Bio

Why would the FBI not want the American Media to know that Omar Mateen was gay?

Unless, they wanted to use this event to further some other agenda, which would be less effective if it became known that the shooter was homosexual himself.

They wanted the news reports to say "Islamic Terrorist Shoots up Night Club" and not "Gay man Shoots up Gay Club".

edit on 19-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: Aazadan

The government threw the Constitution out the window many years ago when it passed the Unpatriot Act, effectively nullifying the 4th Amendment demands. It did it again with the recent NDAA amendments allowing indefinite detention.

This guy called the cops and the cops did nothing, is what he's saying, and that's the truth. Law enforcement comes away with egg on its face, as it is either incompetent or hiding some other agency's pawn.

So because the feds threw out parts of the Constitution, you want to throw out more?

No sir, I want the Constitution to be honored and enforced.

On this matter of the gun store owner, I can accept that the failure to catch Mateen at that time was simply a bureaucratic snafu, with no malice on the part of the FBI.

I might be wrong in that acceptance, but that's how I feel right at this moment.

Some folks are justifiably fed up with the "see something, say something" slogan advanced by the government.

This guy sees something, and says something, yet nothing happens. Somebody like Edward Snowden sees something and says something, and he becomes Public Enemy #1. Rather a stark contrast as I see it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So it wasn't the shooter that called the FBI then?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Get this.

Source

The story keeps changing and changing. Just like 9/11.

The transcripts did not include a pledge of loyalty that authorities say he made to the Islamic State militant group. Authorities have said preliminary evidence indicates Mateen, who worked as a security guard, was a mentally disturbed individual who acted alone and without direction from outside networks.

So that was a lie then by the MSM.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Raven95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raven95

The story keeps changing and changing. Just like 9/11.
So that was a lie then by the MSM.

The lie is that Mateen was radicalized, and became an Islamic Terrorist.

The fact is that Mateen's father called him "gay", Mateen's ex-wife said he had "gay" tendencies. Mateen's gay friend said Matteen asked him out on a date. Mateen went regularly to gay night clubs. Mateen went to Pulse regularly for 3 years trying to pick up gay men. And after all this, the FBI told Mateen's wife not to tell the American Media that Mateen was gay. The FBI is "shaping" the storyline, for public consumption. Now they are saying that either he was "self-radicalized" (since he had no actual contacts with other terrorists), or just "mentally disturbed". Well, homosexuals used to be accused of having mental problems. Maybe there are some "normal" gays, and some "mentally disturbed" gays, just like the rest of society.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It is possible he met them at his mosque. So, the mosque should be investigated.

That's probably among the more likely scenarios... I did see a report that one person at his mosque had been interviewed by authorities, and it was expected that more would be, but that was about all we were told.

Or, maybe there's something we don't know, like the CIA recruited him, and they trained him in Arabic, and something caused him to turn against his handlers.

I didn't think of that... but you're right! And that's the most sinister explanation of all.

The strangest report I've seen so far is this:

QUOTE:
He also added that his family and others believed he was gay, and that "the FBI asked her not to tell this to the American media".
END QUOTE

They wanted the news reports to say "Islamic Terrorist Shoots up Night Club" and not "Gay man Shoots up Gay Club".

Thanks for sharing that -- I hadn't seen it. And your reasoning makes perfect sense... except that now they're trying to hide the terrorist connection... so now I have to wonder what would change the narrative?

I am convinced there is government involvement in this somehow. Whether they were setting up a sting just to bust him... or they wanted this to go down... or they just dropped the ball. But I think whatever it was, something -- or some things -- went very very wrong and they're in damage control mode now. It seems to me that when you're dealing with mentally and emotionally unstable people, that nothing is for sure.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

This guy sees something, and says something, yet nothing happens. Somebody like Edward Snowden sees something and says something, and he becomes Public Enemy #1. Rather a stark contrast as I see it.

Exactly!!!

The double standard is smacking us upside the head and somehow the PTB think we're too stupid or gullible to see it and question it.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You will find security in places like this (large bars / clubs / popular places etc) are a mix of basic security (bouncers who arent armed) and on duty / off duty law enforcement.

Yeah, Omar Mateen was himself security.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join