It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love life, but it can get depressing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I do get depressed sometimes, the news is never good. However I have found a way to lift the depression and have some fun. I have found that in the sound settings on the computer, there is a pitch shifting function. Try pitch shifting up a few semitones, then listening to the news. It's hilarious.
Now I'm just saying, that with all the negative news we get bombarded with on a daily basis, it can be hard to stay focused on being positive. Most of what is broadcast in the mainstream is, I believe, negative on the whole. That must be by design. So by shifting the pitch of what I am listening to, it just doesn't get me down so much. It's like a reminder that our thoughts are the most important thing we have, and have control over.
This way I can listen to mainstream news, and not forget that it is just a show, a program, and I don't have to buy into it.

Sorry if this is just too random or weird..
edit on 16-6-2016 by CosmicJourney because: content

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicJourney
I agree life can be take us down, our human nature can bring up up by seeing all the good and block the bad!

edit on 6 16 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 16 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well... this popped into my noggin' and it's relevant as long as you are still human... it's all relative and perception is everything... literally.

I Like Life from Scrooge

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Nice one! Made me laugh...Especially as I still have pitch shifting on....Chipmonks on helium...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yep. Life can suck sometimes. These past few days though I have broken through! I admit for this one moment(s) today I have fallen back, but again the world is beautiful. We just need to step outside into the Sun.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I am actually going through a time lately, I'm not well I'm extremely depressed, I understand your sentiment I don't have the answer but keep your head up, I might be leaving ats soon so good luck on your time here, I have found quite a bit of solace here over the years.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I just don't watch the news, personally.

You always have that option, as well!

At least take breaks from it.

Go for a month or three months not following the news just to see what happens. You'll find that you can survive without it!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i can be blue too at times heck many a thing can make me tear up, i will not go into that but i try to throw myself into work until the "wave" passes or search netflix for something funny or one i have not seen for a while in other words something to help focus my wayward thoughts for a wee bit it can be hard be remember there is pain every where and some have it worse than you try try to look at the bright wonderful side of life the wonder and beauty please please talk with some one if you feel over whelmed

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rabbidsquriel

never worry i am pretty weird enough , and do not trip on the small stuff well at work lol (it can give me a raging case of OCD run down the aisle knocking every thing off screaming at the top of my lungs "It's all over stock" but they would fire my tg ass lol ) yes i can be wired but a friendly weirdo

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Bwaaaahahahahaha!

I am a pretty computer savvy person but I did not know about this little gem. I tried it and it's hilarious! Thank you sooo much.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
stop listening to the news

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

i have done that so the times i "serf through" and land on the news it is W T H seams so strange that they are that worked up about every thing so yes i avoid the "lame stream media" news paper so take a break can help, words i should live by myself. to a take step back from myself and take a breath ,walk the doggie, color in a coloring book take a walk something to break the pattern and disrupt the flow of negative energy and thought keep n mind that these "talking heads" are PAID to keep ratings up so do not buy into the hype

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thank-you all for your kind words. I know life can suck sometimes, but it is worth riding out the bad times, because the good times are always worth it in the end.
It is the reason I love ATS so much. Always can find some balance here. I have been loving this site for years, but only recently started posting. Glad i have and encourage others to do the same. Long live ATS and all the good souls on here. Cheers to all!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I'm not well I'm extremely depressed. I might be leaving ats soon so good luck on your time here, I have found quite a bit of solace here over the years.

ATS hailed you a taxi...
You probably won't get in though.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Just hold ur breath. Also take a cold shower.

new topics

top topics

join