It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When i was a kid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
When I was a kid, my father built me a fort during a hot summer, for a year all my life was around this fort.. I placed the few ideals I knew within this fort with rules and obligations..

Kids were flocked, into this little fort of make belief and somehow it grew and grew.. We all believed in it, we kept secrets and made a blood pact.. We created monsters that we fought to defend the fair maiden..

But everyday at 5pm, all the moms came out and said, children its supper... ! Even though we had our make belief world it didnt bring food to the table..

Do you guys think people have problem with growing up in this world?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Oh course they have a hard time growing up. The transition from young person to adult is seldom easy. And for some it is darn near impossible. I think it has been this way for a long time, remember that uncle or neighbor when you were growing up?

Kids play and they should. I argue they need to play and play OUTSIDE! No computer screens needed.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

My son always said he didn't want to grow up. Guess he loved his childhood. And to this day, though he is grown, he loves playing with his children.

Me on the other hand was born old and hated childhood. I am now 70 and feel right at home with the age.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I was raised my monsters. They did an excellent job....

new topics

join