It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP comparing US gun laws to Australia gun laws.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The funny thing? It's our government, not yours. Our government is ours. Unlike yours. Ours is suppose to do what our Constitution says. Which it's not doing! We're a Republic, ruled by law. Not a "Democracy". Where the majority, mentally ill, dictate our social standards. Our Constitution spelled out our "nonsense". I'll bet two kangaroos from texas, your's didn't.
edit on 16-6-2016 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
a reply to: sparky31

It's a different culture altogether from ours, we thankfully realised a while back that if we didn't stop people from having guns we were going to wipe ourselves out.
It's a weird thing because really we live in a violent culture but we are raised from a young age that if you can handle yourself, you'll be alright.
So fighting is part of our culture and we look down on people that pull out a weapon in a fight, that's a good way to get a beating as it means you are scared to face up without a tool. Real men fight with fists not weapons, sorry America.
This same culture won't tolerate an uneven fight, so quite often random members of the public will jump in to balance it out.
So yeah we can't compare the cultures, if we had guns we would most likely have a much higher homicide rate.

This is what confuses me. Why do people think that possessing a gun suddenly turns a person into a homicidal maniac?

Newsflash. For every 100 people in America, there are 90 guns. We are not mowing each other down in the streets (except for gang activity in Democrat-controlled cities with oppressive gun control measures.) We are not knee jerk pistol whipping each other. We are not turning "Go ahead, make my day" into our national motto.

Guns are not the pandora's box you seem to have been propagandized about.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Being so patriotic and understanding of your constitution you know what an amendment is right?
You understand that the constitution an be updated and ''amended'' , right?

You understand when the 2nd amendment was written was a time when single shot musket type weapon were the ''guns'' of the time.

With all this in mind we the world understand what your saying that your entitled to your guns.

What the world is completely fed up with is the b@t sh1t nonsense you scream about when the government wants to update the 2nd amendment to make it fit the times. When single shot muskets aren't the norm and high powered assault rifles are being used to slaughter innocent people nearly every month.

No one is taking away your guns for crying out loud.. you can keep your guns and have your home/personal protection. But act like an adult and understand your obsession with high powered assault rifles isn't what the 2nd amendment was referring to, it was written for and your reasoning is completely foreign to reality.. and the sane minded!

I know we '' the world '' will never convince you lot to act like adults.. but do us a favour and quite the bullplop exuses and rhetoric about why you need them and how the government is trying to take them away.. you just look like a bunch of hicks!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

BULL, we are acting JIUST like we have to, your judgement of us all NOT withstanding.
I speak for a great deal of Americans here:BUTT OUT.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

BULL, we are acting JIUST like we have to, your judgement of us all NOT withstanding.

Thank-you for showing the rest of the world once again exactly why Americans are universally disliked.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I suppose caring might change that, I guess we'll never KNOW.
I LOVE taking advice from people who were or are SUBJECTS of someone.
If you think these nut cases will change us you are mistaken. THEY do well will YOUR people however.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Really ?....You are acting like you have to ! ...i guess if that means acting like a child having a tantrum losing a favorite toy i would have to agree

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your opinion.
Sounds emotional.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Your opinion.
Sounds emotional.

You know what opinions are like

So what next then can i expect...nannannanannana

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

America is a nation born of revolution with violent east-west migration and a civil war,it has an engrained gun culture which nations like mine do not have,and Americans are only ever going to accept an American solution and never have been all that amenable about being told what to do.Myself personally Id allow you to buy any damn gun you want anytime 24/7/365 theres so many you'll never get rid of them but boy would I make you jump through hoops at the Sheriffs office to get ammunition.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: murphy22

Being so patriotic and understanding of your constitution you know what an amendment is right?
You understand that the constitution an be updated and ''amended'' , right?

You understand when the 2nd amendment was written was a time when single shot musket type weapon were the ''guns'' of the time.

With all this in mind we the world understand what your saying that your entitled to your guns.

What the world is completely fed up with is the b@t sh1t nonsense you scream about when the government wants to update the 2nd amendment to make it fit the times. When single shot muskets aren't the norm and high powered assault rifles are being used to slaughter innocent people nearly every month.

No one is taking away your guns for crying out loud.. you can keep your guns and have your home/personal protection. But act like an adult and understand your obsession with high powered assault rifles isn't what the 2nd amendment was referring to, it was written for and your reasoning is completely foreign to reality.. and the sane minded!

I know we '' the world '' will never convince you lot to act like adults.. but do us a favour and quite the bullplop exuses and rhetoric about why you need them and how the government is trying to take them away.. you just look like a bunch of hicks!

By your comments you have ZERO CLUE what in hades about our constitutional amendments .

One. Our amendments cannot be "updated" by the government legislators.

they are ONLY SUPERSEDED BY THE CREATION OF ANOTHER AMENDMENT.
An example of this is our 18th amendment that had a prohibition on alcohol.
then to "repeal" that prohibition of alcohol the 21st amendment HAD TO BE CREATED AND PASSED.

The process of this is VERY SPECIFIC AND DIFFICULT FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.

So the government on its own in a legislative session or year just cant on its own initiative.

Two. Amendments are not judged on "when it was written" in the respective of "what was available" but spirit of the law.
For example our fourth amendment was written at time all we had were " be secure in their persons, houses, papers".
They didn't have cell phones, file cabinets, flash drives, dvd/cd, cars, ect.
We don't need to "amend" it in any way.

Three. You seem to need a dictionary because you seem to confuse "entitled (your own words)" with "RIGHT".

Our ability to own guns (unless a criminal, insane, or in specific case suspended due to order of protection and domestic violence charge) is A RIGHT.

As is our freedom of speech , against self incrimination, press, protest, unreasonable search , as well as many others.
Alot NOT AVAILABLE in other countries and such rights MANY PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO COME TO THE US TO GET.

Exactly how many are trying to come to your country vs ours again.

Either way all this information is READILY AVAILABLE ON LINE.

So it seems to me your either WILLFULLY IGNORANT on the topic which you post or so ANTI GUN OR USA that TRUTH AND FACTS DONT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU.

I would advise either do your research on our constitution and amendments.....or follow the advice of mark twain.

"BETTER TO BE THOUGHT OF AS A FOOL THAN TO OPEN ONES MOUTH (OR POST ON ATS AS IT WERE) AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT"

Scrounger

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I suppose caring might change that, I guess we'll never KNOW.
I LOVE taking advice from people who were or are SUBJECTS of someone.
If you think these nut cases will change us you are mistaken. THEY do well will YOUR people however.

Pfft, we are all about one step away from independence and that old duck of windsor is the reason we have not done it yet. It's out of respect. Once she is gone we are too.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Maybe you could be a little more like Canada, if AU doesn't fit.

I awarded you a much coveted star for this comment.
Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
"The forefathers only wrote the second amendment with single shot muskets in mind."

Uh no. Try again. Look up the Puckle gun, invented in 1718.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Moonshinne
I should go and get a gun now due to drunk mexican people, who seem to be wandering about, though I have not seen them.

And, also relate that to Australia.

Got it.

They are all over my area. In fact they have taken over several smaller towns south of me. Everyone calls the area little Mexico and suggest people avoid the area. They are here to work on the farms and orchards but cause a lot of problems in their off time. Lost several good fishing areas. They kept stealing anything loose and slashing tires. To say they are not a problem just means you don't get out in these areas. And no, i don't live in California.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
a reply to: yuppa

Spot on, don't disagree. Wasn't talking about my manliness, sorry that I gave you that impression.
I was talking about the culture I live in, as I said it's pretty violent at times.
I've broken up more fights than I've been involved in, so I'm not some idiot that likes fighting.

Ahh i got what you was shooting for now(pun intended)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Not to understand anything that isn't on a cellphone or CNN.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oh yeah I'm not blaming the victim in this and I agree with how he handled the situation in his country.
But the point is, in my country this situation is not common and women are generally safe to walk about, even when drunk people are about.
Don't get me wrong we still have rapes and sexual crimes occur but we don't need guns to deal with situations like the brother described because we don't have gangs of guys stalking women in the street.
Most rapes are lone stalkers and we have very few incidences in my knowledge of gang rape in my country.
That's the point I was making.
edit on 17-6-2016 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I very much doubt she will in any way destroy you by her absence.
I should think the Brexit thing would be FAR more telling than the death of she who should NOT be spoken of thusly.
She doesn't seem to effect any critical decisions.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonshinne
I am personally a concealed carry and a open carry depending on which state I am in at the time (Texas and Arizona.) I will gladly admit I have pulled my gun on someone before. Sitting in my truck in AZ while my sister went into a gas station for water I observed 4 mexicans pulling up and getting out of their SUV. All of them had open containers full of booze and walked right in and circled up around her. You can bet your ass I was in there faster than you could say oh $HIT! When they turned on me my gun was out. They were all drunk.

I donno, man. You make it sound like the best day of your life!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join