It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain: Obama is ‘directly responsible’ for Orlando attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

And the current state of the union is the direct result of the biggest MCD of all.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The GOP is melting down. Trumps polls are in freefall and the Republicans are running scared trying to salvage the race with any BS available. Even the GOP doesn't support Trump; they don't want to go down with him. To late I'm afraid.

www.latimes.com...

Trump says he doesn't need the GOP. We'll see....

www.nytimes.com...

Anything McCain say's is irrelevant now....anyway he pulled back from that statement. flip/flop

imo, the rug has been pulled out from under the conservative wing of the GOP. It's pointless to run on the "we're not Obama" ticket...the electorate wants answers....

edit on 16-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sorry but fanatics and their actions can't be blamed on anyone, except maybe the system that left them so disillusioned to begin with. The deeply disturbed individual, Omar Mateen, an actor who appeared in at least two movies, is also being reported as a regular of Pulse nightclub. His father has some grand delusions of being President of Afghanistan, (Mr: "Self appointed President) and Im betting he pushed heavy religion onto the kid.

Lets be clear though, Im not accusing the father of being extreme in the sense he's a jihadi or religious nut. He publicly condemns his sons actions. But Omar, it appears at least he obviously lived with a lot of self hate. Friends are quoted as saying he was a closet homosexual, a regular at Pulse nightclub, you can hear him in the BP documentary complaining about the corporate interests he worked for.

He was a self-hating gay, Afghani, with a fanatically-nationalistic-father, who was so deluded he named himself president of his former country.

And someone wants to blame Obama? Sit McCain down and get him back on his meds. Then cutout the bipartisan BS and start discussing the issues at hand. Part of the problem is Islam refuses to modernize and people are prayed on by fanatics pushing strict forms of the religion. It's an issue for sure. I don't think its the main issue.

The main issue is a really twisted individual who probably saw this as a cure to his self loathing, miserable existence. Given the FEDs were already watching him, he had raised red flags already. So then it becomes a question of who is "indirectly responsible"? How many times do we have to watch informants, assets, agents, key targets, etc-end up committing some heinous act? Are there going to be leaks which come out which put him in direct contact of another intelligence agency, one that has a history of baiting wayward Muslims into committing atrocities in the name of radical Islam? If radical Islam even exists. It seems like every time they catch or kill the latest 'leader' behind it all, it's just another puppet playing up his role to make Islam the great big evil. Just like communism before it.

Edit: It should also be noted the exact same consequences can be had in the face of extreme Christianity, Westboro Baptist et al. Which is exactly why I don't think its conditional to a single religion. It comes down to the individual people involved instead.
edit on 16-6-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

IF Marteen was a 'self hating' gay.

Rather odd none of the ex boyfriends have spoken up.

All we have is the ex wife.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Doesn't matter who is saying it, the fact is Obama has fumbled everything.

McCain, congrats on pointing out what everyone already believes.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

But just to clarify, because I must be stupid. What has Obama fumbled? You said everything, but I'm not sure what you mean?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
He was not a member of ISIS, McCain is responsible for throwing Palin into our Lives. Time for McCain to go figure out just how many homes he owns, buffon.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: neo96

Oh Pleeze. That old dog won't hunt anymore.

God, I hope not.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And the current state of the union is the direct result of the biggest MCD of all.

I really do wonder about you sometimes..

You do know what Pres. Obama said immediately after the "The GLOBAL war on terror is over?"

And he said it 3 years ago no less..Pretty spot on.

"We must define our effort not as a boundless 'Global War on Terror,' but rather as a series of persistent, targeted efforts to dismantle specific networks of violent extremists that threaten America," Obama said.

"Deranged or alienated individuals – often U.S. citizens or legal residents – can do enormous damage, particularly when inspired by larger notions of violent jihad. That pull towards extremism appears to have led to the shooting at Fort Hood, and the bombing of the Boston Marathon," he said.

"So that's the current threat:
Lethal yet less capable al-Qaida affiliates.
Threats to diplomatic facilities and businesses abroad.
Homegrown extremists.
This is the future of terrorism. We must take these threats seriously, and do all that we can to confront them."

www.usnews.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

You do know what Pres. Obama said immediately after the "The GLOBAL war on terror is over?" And he said it 3 years ago no less..Pretty spot on.

Spot on eh.

foreignpolicy.com...

Spot on!

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Not just the ex-wife

'Omar Mateen was gay': Orlando terrorist pursued a relationship with male classmate, was a regular at gay bars including Pulse for the past decade, and used hookup apps like Grindr to meet men

•It emerged that Omar Mateen's former-wife said he had 'gay tendencies' and a former classmate said the mass murderer asked him out in 2006

•'He's a homosexual and he was trying to pick up men,' said Jim Van Horn, who had talked to Mateen at Pulse before

•Mateen had been visiting gay clubs in the Florida area for the past decade and had no issue dancing with other men at the venues

•Kevin West and Cord Cedeno both said that Mateen contacted them on gay hookup apps and Cedeno blocked him because he was 'creepy'

•These new developments have investigators investigating whether Mateen's shame over his sexuality may have motivated the attack

•His own father said in a Facebook video posted on Monday that 'homosexuals will be punished by God'

www.dailymail.co.uk... people-there.html

Plus:

Orlando shooter Omar Mateen was gay, former classmate says

At least five people have come forward saying they saw Mateen at gay clubs, painting a complicated portrait of the American-born Muslim whom the FBI believes was radicalized by terrorist groups.

One former classmate of Omar Mateen’s 2006 police academy class told The Palm Beach Post that he believed Mateen was gay, saying Mateen once tried to pick him up at a bar.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

The deepest hateful rage usually originates with self loathing..

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

So this was a "Gay" problem, not a gun problem ?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Supposedly Marteens gay.

And all they have is someone elses word that he was gay.

And out of the YEARS he went to gay bars.

They can't produce ANY ex boyfriends.

That doesn't pass the smell test.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

This was a crazy problem and the ability for crazy to buy guns...

Imagine Larry Craig, the prominent homophobic GOP Senator who got arrested for soliciting gay sex in an airport bathroom...but only crazier and well armed. Or maybe Ted Haggard, the Head of the Evangelical Church in the USA who got busted snorting Meth with Male Prostitutes?

Crazy is a mix of things...The shooter had a very conservative father of Muslim Faith, so obviously grew up severely conflicted..

Hard to tell the mind of a lunatic...one thing that stands out to me though...He at different times bragged about associations to Hezbolah and ISIS...and those two groups are actually bitter enemies of one another.

Crazy is as crazy does?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well we all know this was not motivated by ISIS. That was just his cover. The real reason is he was bullied and humiliated at Pulse and he wanted vengeance..

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems like really broken logic.

So let's get this straight.

A US citizen after watching some youtube ISIS videos went on a ape sh!t crazy shooting spree in an Orlando gay club and it is Obama's fault?

Oh, and the killer was also a self-hating Bi sexual, Bi-polar, Muslim who was probably on steroids.

Oh, I get it.

Thanks Obama, you suck.

I would have voted for McCain, but I was afraid crazy Palin might be hs predecessor I never thought he was just as insane as her.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Regardless of how strong or weak ISIS is, the killer's influence seemed to have come from online ISIS propaganda and not from direct ties to them; therefore, seeing as how the Orlando killer didn't have direct ties to ISIS that we know but was likely radicalized by stuff he saw online, perhaps we should crack down on the internet, and start censoring it to prevent as many people as possible from accessing their propaganda.

McCain is FoS.

**Disclaimer: I do not think the internet should be censored, I'm simply showing how McCain's logic is flawed.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Regardless of how strong or weak ISIS is, the killer's influence seemed to have come from online ISIS propaganda and not from direct ties to them;

The US citizen of Afghan descent responsible for the deadly Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL)-linked terrorist attack in Orlando, FL traveled twice to Saudi Arabia between 2011 and 2012 for Umrah, a Muslim religious pilgrimage, NBC News reports, citing an unnamed spokesman for the kingdom’s interior ministry

The home to GIP and the biggest financer of terrorism around the globe

Now I am no FBI analyst, but that right there is a DIRECT TIE.
edit on 16-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Orlando shooter Omar Mateen was gay, former classmate says

The classmate said that he, Mateen and other classmates would hang out, sometimes going to gay nightclubs

www.palmbeachpost.com...

Chris Callen, 34, who goes by the stage name of Kristina McLaughlin, said Mateen began showing up about three years ago.

“He was at the bar. He was actually talking with another guy. I turned around. I was in drag. I said hello. He seemed comfortable.

“Later on that night he was out there dancing with another guy. It could be he just went crazy. Maybe he got radicalised and hated who he was.”

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 16-6-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

That ain't proof of him being gay.

'hanging out and clubbing'

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join