It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Conversation With A Muslim In Pakistan - Is Islam A Religion Of Peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There has been a large trend of anti-Muslim sentiment in this country, and in the world. I actually started seeing myself start to travel down that road and had to readjust my mindset, as it is really hard to decipher information coming from the mainstream media, and even social media. It is hard to NOT blame Islam for the events of the Orlando shooting. It is hard to NOT look at Islam in a negative light. With that being said, I decided to take a step back and speak to someone with more knowledge on the subject than I have, a lifelong Muslim in Pakistan.

In this episode of my podcast, Mohammed graciously agreed to come on and talk to me about Islam, world events, geopolitical issues, the United States elections and much more. Here are some topics we covered. Any of you that have listened to my show know that I am willing to ask the tough questions, while giving respect at the same time.
1. Is Islam a religion of peace?
2. American foreign policy
3. How do we stop terrorism?
4. Iraqi war
5. GUN CONTROL
6. Trump and Clinton
7. Do Muslims hate Americans?
8. Terrorism and tribal violence
9. Human rights (LGBT and women specifically)
10. Solutions for Islam and world relations
11. Refugee crisis
youtu.be...

SoundCloud

I think this episode is one of the most important shows that I have done. It is important to judge people as individuals, rather than as groups. Islam is going nowhere. Christianity is going nowhere. Religion in this world has a long history, and for now, we are stuck with it. I would like to figure out a way to help speed up the enlightenment of Islam so that we can all live on this spinning ball in peace. You can also find this episode of the Wolves And Sheeple podcast anywhere you can find podcasts (itunes,soundcloud,podcast addict, stitcher, etc.)

SIDE NOTE:
I have been getting a ton of flak from people on the left lately on this website. I have been called all sorts of names, and have been associated as a right wing nut job for some reason. I am not. I believe in the constitutional values that this country is based upon. I believe in equal rights and opportunity for all. I am anti-establishment, and pro-freedom. I will continue to stand up against authoritarianism that comes from the far left, and the far right. I will also continue to stand up against attacks on the constitution, which protects all groups regardless of who they are or what they believe. Take a look at the guests that I have had on my show: Gay radio show host, Transgender woman, Bernie Sanders supporter, etc. etc. etc. My point is, quit trying to shove everyone into your classification boxes, all that does is separate the people even further.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Taken in their entirety, none of the Abrahamic faiths are peaceful with the exception of "Grace" though forgiveness is advocated in all three.

If "religion" helps someone to be a good person, what are you gonna do.

I've come across religious people who seem to be very nice and sincere but I would argue its not because of their religion (though they will claim that it is).

I would say that they are nice people despite their religion, not because of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
God, please save us from Religion.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I actually cover this in the show. I told him that I thought that the world would be a better place if we took a step away from religion.

I was SHOCKED when he agreed with me. I literally could not believe it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Peace this peace that, I think if someone is a wolf, they will always hang them because 777 works differently

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Islam a religion of peace?

top topics

join