It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Boy Doesn't Want to Hit His Spiderman Pinata

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Bone75

meh, The comment came out "the side of my mouth". I stand by my correction, on the other hand new wave feminism certainly is corrupt and quite disparaging towards men and by default boys, I think there's a lot of issues at play in society both that effect males and females negatively and I made the comment from a position of anger for reasons you aren't aware of, though likely I am going to be leaving ATS soon , and i'm not any kind of weak male.

I'm just clowning man. I'd really hate to see you go. You're not getting deployed are you?

Sorry I just read your comments again and realized how dumb of a question that was.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I appreciated your well thought apology. It takes a real man, a strong man to pubically correct himself and I 100% respect that.

I'd be sorry to see you go!

Eta - Feminism has its great aspects and it's crazy - so I hear you in that too. Some folks don't want equal, they want better-than, and no matter who is doing that, it's wrong.

AB
edit on 16-6-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Bet he'd hit Green Goblin or Venom.

I like the Green Goblin just because I almost always use his skin on LittleBigPlanet.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: paperdoll

Good kid, but if he grows up around feminists he almost certianly will be hung out to dry, sad days.

Wait, what? What do you mean?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Lysergic

I agree! How could he decapitate his Hero?? Give him a baddie and let him BE Spiderman!!

Ha, that's a good idea!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: AboveBoard

The compassionate thing would've been to take the bat from him, knock Spiderman's head off, kick the boy in the butt, then give him back the bat.

We don't need another generation of pansies.

Nor do we need another generation of violent morons. As with pretty much everything, I think balance is important.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how feminism is affecting males. I'll have to look more into it. I was just wondering what made that commenter think of feminism but I guess it was because of the boy's gentle nature. I not into feminism from what I know of it. I'm not into labels though, and I'm not really into anything totally 100%. It often seems like the gray area in between is best.

I think gentleness is definitely a male and female trait. Of coarse, there are times to be strong, I suppose. I feel sorry for men who suppress their soft side out of fear of looking like "a girl". That's what I would call a "pansy".

I'm attracted to sensitivity in men but yes, I do like when they have a strong side too, when needed. Guys who try so hard to be tough are annoying, in my opinion. Some may like that, idk. Anyway, like I said, balance is important. I just think it's nice to see some softness like this. It'll be other boys like some of these commenters that may ruin this kid and make him think being a tough guy jerk is the only acceptable thing to be.

It's seems like some of these people on here are so against people trying to make men sensitive, which I am against as well if it's just not in them. HOWEVER, it seems that many of these same people don't see the harm in abusing, teasing, and trying to change sensitive males. What gives you the right to try and change people but be upset because you think everyone is out to change you and other men? Hypocrite much?

Here's an idea: be who you are and let others be themselves. It is not the fault of sensitive men that you feel you must be "tough" to feel important or whatever the issue is. By the way, I find tough men that are not insecure with themselves tend to not give a darn how other men act. On the other hand, I find it's usually the try-hard "tough" guys who have to always prove something to be the ones concerned with everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join