It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator: We Need Gun Control Because ‘Due Process Is What’s Killing Us Right Now’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Let's give the criminals that run this country the power to single out and place anyone on a list. I am sure that will work out fine. Due process is what keeps us all out of prison, because believe me if they had it their way, we would all be in work camps and would have out every thought and action controlled.

There is a risk to freedom. We should embrace the risk and work toward making society better instead of working to remove freedom.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Let's give the criminals that run this country the power to single out and place anyone on a list. I am sure that will work out fine. Due process is what keeps us all out of prison, because believe me if they had it their way, we would all be in work camps and would have out every thought and action controlled.

There is a risk to freedom. We should embrace the risk and work toward making society better instead of working to remove freedom.

I agree, it seems a lot of people don't though and that includes people on both sides of the aisle. If you support the 2nd and the 5th, the 14th, and for that matter the entire Constitution you accept that these things will happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Agreed! The problem for me is this. Those who don't believe these truths...are they ignorant or traitors? I'm guessing a mix of the two but I'm pretty sure that there are those among us that know the goals...understand the purpose and support their agenda. Those individuals are traitors to the people and the country and will have a heavy price to pay when it is fully exposed.

And with the missteps lately...that may be sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That got me thinking. I see America as very different from other countries. I see other places as places where the people can change the country by vote or majority. I don't see America in the same way. We have a Constitution that dictates what America was, is and will be. America isn't changeable in my opinion and view. Yes...the details can be updated with the times, but the basic rights, the basic foundation of what we are is set in stone.

So with that said, if a corrupt administration comes into power, aren't those that knowingly vote for that group by definition support them and therefore...if the administration is a traitor against the Constitution...aren't the informed that put them in power knowingly?

In other words...as a comparison...aren't those who knowingly supported Hitler with full understanding of his plans just as guilty as Hitler himself? And if so...then aren't the "americans" that support a run-away government just as guilty?

Not saying we are there yet...but we could be one day.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is the asshole I was talking about in a separate thread.

This guy is infuriating. This is who democrats are.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

No left, Anarchy is the most far right expression of government.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Not as a suspected terrorist.
JUST wait until Obama leaves and see the FIRESTORM from islam over arrests in a US that NO LONGER sympathizes with jihadists(JUST muslims who DON'T speak of Sharia law here)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I thought the Patriot Act took care of that loophole...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Not as a suspected terrorist.
JUST wait until Obama leaves and see the FIRESTORM from islam over arrests in a US that NO LONGER sympathizes with jihadists(JUST muslims who DON'T speak of Sharia law here)

Terrorism has an extremely broad definition according to the government, they can charge you with terrorism for virtually anything. It's a very bad idea to make the threshold to take away rights "suspected terrorist".

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

WHICH politically KILLS due process.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

They are both. They are unwitting traitors, but they are brainwashed and ignorant. I do not mean that out of disrespect, it is just a harsh truth. The culture of our country is disjointed. The people are fractured and intentionally divided. The core American values that everyone once shared are no longer a common bond.

Why? Lot's of reasons, but I believe that it is intentional, and that it is working.

Mainstream media, pop culture, music, TV, news, etc., are all controlled propaganda. The average person can't even tell you a single policy that the presidential candidates hold. Most people do not have time to pay attention to anything that is outside of their little bubble.

The other major problem is that everyone is too comfortable. Even the poorest people in this country have next gen cell phones and cable television. There are not very many major struggles in life. Food is brought to us. We all have running water and electricity. We don't have to deal with the bubonic plague, or being invaded by another countries military.

These two things in conjunction with our public indoctrination school system leave people empty and ignorant. People are complacent, and think that everything is "just fine." They are so comfortable that they do not see the looming danger right in our backyard from a very corrupt, and very precisely dangerous government beast. Until things change for the very worst, people are going to sit idly by until it happens. How do you think the holocaust happened?

All of these reasons above are why we have people willing to vote criminals like Hillary into office. Herds just grazing and waiting for the slaughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join