It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. Conducting Secret Missions Inside Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Then it must be true that US do not have special forces in Iran....because the Iranians said so....

Quick, call Al Jazeera.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

as posted by cargo
Quick, call Al Jazeera.

I hear ya.
Maybe Baghdad Bob has found a new job: Tehran Bob?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
[size=35]BLAH!

(This sentence is only here to avoid the one line response warning
)

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I usually avoid these type of threads here because they have a tendency to turn into Bush-bashing from doom&gloom prophets

But as I got sucked in today and have about half an hours worth of free time on my hands, I'll ad my 2 cts to the speculations going on here:

IMHO there are three possible explenations for this article:

A : S.Hersh is lying, the article contains very little (no) factual info and is mostly speculation.

Is there however a plan to deal with Iran should the need arise? Yes offcourse there is, there are also plans to deal with the invasion of Belgium, plans for a naval-encounter with the naval forces of the United Kingdom and plans to secure Vatican-city if Italy was plunged into a civil war.

B : Someone is rattling the Mullahs cage just to see what the respone will be.

Interesting to note in this case is that the Mullahs have come out with rhetoric that can be interpreted as the most overt admission that they are in the possesion of Nuclear weapons, (I cant seem to find that article right now but I'll have a look for it later tonight and add the link asap).

C : And this is IMHO a very distinct possibility: There is a significant and long overdue housecleaning going on in the CIA at this very moment so it is very possible that this info was placed on someones desk, someone who was suspected of leaking and who now that the article has apeared will be "requested" to "voluntairy" retire.

(D: A combination of B&C but that speaks for itself )

Oh and one more thing: I am willing to bet everyone who believes otherwise a box of very good Whisky or a couple of kilo's good belgian chocolate that A: there will be NO draft and B: that the US does not invade Iran in the next 12 months.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by chinditz]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join