It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour MP Jo Cox has died after being shot three times in the street near her office by an attacker

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I starred you if you can believe it...for the shared thoughts that the prick councillor who posted his vile comments has probably never had a #ing good beating for his words.
...leave that for the poor woman's brothers and mates though.

We parry and thrust from time to time, but from the Bottom of my heart, no harm intended. It's only internet ink mate...means nothing. Touche.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: SprocketUK

Oh Jesus...

That's a horrible break to have. Sorry to hear that!

You ever thought about broadswords as a change of pace? Not sparring, just getting the feel of one in the back yard? It's good exercise. I miss having a private yard. I cannot swing a hammer on our balcony without attracting unwanted attention, unfortunately!

Always fancied Kendo. Now that's some seriously trained violence, and no-one loses and eye or an ear.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I comment on any threads I feel inspired to do so.
Debate is interesting, and a massively eclectic mix of subjects inspire me to post. Our interaction tonight was one of many others on ATS that I find myself inspired to post.

Don't worry, you certainly do not monopolise my interest here, you just post a lot so I read your opinion more often than others.

We reached understanding in debate tonight, you can always chat to mods yourself if you have any personal issues.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I've had worse mate, my back getting skinned after falling off my Honda springs to mind. :-)
It's the price of needing to be on 2 wheels, some day it'll hurt.

I have tried a hand and a half sword with a mate and also sword and buckler, those were both a lot of fun.
I know the Yanks have a huge scene going with renaissance era combat but it's mostly restricted to London in this country as far as clubs go. (I'm talking about it as a competitive sport rather than the beer fuelled re enactments that also look a lot of fun).

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Me too, an old mate was pretty good at it and often offered to take me along.

The idea of calling out your strike and still being able to land it is one that really does emphasise the skill involved.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

The idea of calling out your strike and still being able to land it is one that really does emphasise the skill involved.
I I never looked into the rules I just thought it was about taking out main arteries and muscles that allowed your opponent to function.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I I never looked into the rules I just thought it was about taking out main arteries and muscles that allowed your opponent to function.

It is kinda, but any strike must be called out first which makes it so much more skillful.
It's a way of making you a better swordsman in much the same way as the rules around foil and sabre were designed to make you better in actual combat.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes, I had heard that America is big on HEMA right now.

Very popular topic on YouTube as well! And rightly so. There's a mob of Viking looking nutters that rock up to Bloodstock every year, and have big battles with axes, daggers, swords, shields, spears and the like. Those guys sure can drink, and one of the most energetic of them is a lady with blonde dreadlocks. I saw her take a flying leap over one guy and split the shield of the man behind him, and she was wearing quite a thick suit of padding at the time. Marvellous agility!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Dammit that's my evening shot now. I'm gonna have to scour youtube after I've finished watching guitar star.
You have a lot to answer for mate! :-)

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join