It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour MP Jo Cox has died after being shot three times in the street near her office by an attacker

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht
a reply to: SprocketUK

"care in the community", another of Mrs.Thatchers policies.

The woman who did not believe in "society" of course.

I understand that only in the North of England did she reach the level of popularity she earned in Ireland.

Todays sadness is further evidence of the effect she had on the UK I'd guess.

Quite possibly, yeah. though there were people all over who despised her. She just picked a fight with the Northern towns and industries which is why it was they who were more visual as far as hating her goes.

Quite Ironic that this MO seemed to be the embodiment of what an MP should be and pretty much the opposite to Thatcher and possibly paid the price for the situation Thatcher set in motion all those years ago.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I just want to keep the world safe from terrorism.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Government is inherently a terrorist organization.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew

Pack it in, now, eh?

Start a new thread about the violence of compulsion if you want, but this really isn't adding anything to the discussion, if anything it's just detracting from it and getting on everyone's nerves.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Right now I'd call it a political assassination.

I'd only term it terrorism if the guy shot up a shop full of civilians or some other soft target with maximum casualties while shouting 'Britain First', 'Allahu Akbar', 'Brexit", etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
ban christians ?

link   
a reply to: CharlestonChew

Come to West Yorkshire and say what you have said in the street in fact time and place I and a few others would love to hear you in person.

A decent good person killed serving her community.
R.I.P.
I also suspect a failure in mental health care.

link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew

Can you move a sec? I need to mop up the poison you dribbled everywhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Excuse me?

On which earth is that statement relevant to this topic?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There seems no doubt that Jo Cox was in the "Grand Tradition" of the British Labour Party.

A member of a Political Party that has done so many good things for the working class of Britain.

If Heaven exists she will have plenty to talk to Tony Benn about.

link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Excuse me but an acting Member of Parliament just got assassinated, that is in my opinion totally within the terminology of “terrorism”. I’ve been struggling to define this term in my head over the past few years, but this does it.

a reply to: mclarenmp4

Either he’s just being sarcastic in an honest but immoral way, or he genuinely thinks this was an attack by a fundamentalist Christian and therefore advocates for the banning of Christians. Obviously whoever did this, and whoever may have been responsible for causing that man to do what he did, are neither Christian and nor religious for that matter.

edit on 1ThursdayThursdayAmerica/Chicago6pmThursday4pm06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

link   

She supported government by working for it.

So again by your logic almost any public service worker who is paid by the government deserves to die?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
That's impossible, guns are illegal there.

ahhh hahaha

classic

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Excuse me but an acting Member of Parliament just got assassinated, that is in my opinion totally within the terminology of “terrorism”. I’ve been struggling to define this term in my head over the past few years, but this does it.

a reply to: mclarenmp4

Either he’s just being sarcastic in an honest but immoral way, or he genuinely thinks this was an attack by a fundamentalist Christian and therefore advocates for the banning of Christians. Obviously whoever did this, and whoever may have been responsible for causing that man to do what he did, are neither Christian and nor religious for that matter.

Excuse me but one high-profile person was killed. That's an assassination. The point of terrorism is to spread fear in the populace. If this guy had killed her around some other soft targets, then I'd call it terrorism. But he waited for her in a specific location and just killed her.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht

There seems no doubt that Jo Cox was in the "Grand Tradition" of the British Labour Party.

A member of a Political Party that has done so many good things for the working class of Britain.

If Heaven exists she will have plenty to talk to Tony Benn about.

That's true. I've been so disillusioned by Labour since a certain warmonger took over that I had all but dismissed them from my thoughts, I still can't really reconcile with the party as it is, but yes, she definitely seemed a proper Labour MP who worked for her constituents.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Really?

Bhutan is a very small nation. It has less than eight hundred thousand individuals living in it. It also has so many trees that it is the only nation on this planet that is not only carbon neutral, but carbon negative. It absorbs, with its verdant, lush vegetation, so much carbon, that it offsets a portion of the carbon produced by its neighbours. It's wildlife is teeming, and government conservation efforts have kept that going, in the face of significant financial pressures. Those efforts originate with the King of the country, who said many decades ago, that Bhutan must always remain at least as verdant, if not more so, than it was when he issued the order. Their kings step down before age sixty five, and pass the torch, no matter how popular they might be with the people at the time.

It is a nation also, which does not consider its GDP as the defining factor of the health of the nation. It, and I am not making this up, considers the level of happiness of its citizens instead, Gross National Happiness, it's called. The place has a GDP of roughly two billion dollars a year. To put that in perspective, Trump was in debt to the tune of eight billion at one point, if you believe his relations on the matter. Is the King of a nation whose people are measured as some of the happiest on the face of the world, a terrorist? Is the government of that nation, who has kept their tiny kingdom in such a wonderfully natural state, a terrorist government?

Is a woman who desires freedom for the people she serves a terrorist?

You sir, are a terrorist. You fail to understand the difference between service, and oppression. You fail to understand that there is a difference. Jo Cox was one of those rare individuals who served the people she represented, rather than being served by them. They may be few, but they are out there. They may be the minority, are the minority in Westminster, but they are out there. Any idealism which suggests that the baby be flung out with the bathwater is, by definition, terroristic. The brush you paint with is too broad, it's strokes to severe. You are an oppressor, you are a liar, you are the antithesis of everything you claim to be, when you demonise a woman like Jo Cox, rather than simply mourning her loss.
edit on 16-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Missing letter

edit on 16-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammar edit

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Anatomy of the State

Rothbard sums up eloquently what the state is, and is not.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

Not convinced on either of those explanations as there is no inclination that the deceased or the twat were in any way religious. The U.K is a christian nation but the majority I would say are agnostic/atheist so it's unlikely any of it was religiously motivated.
My theory is that he wanted to be somebody and be known.
By the sounds of things he was a complete nobody who had no friends and seemed quite meek to most people who knew him.

It's incredibly sad. I didn't know of her before today but by the sounds of things she really was in politics to make a difference in her constituents lives. Rip Jo Cox.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join