It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour MP Jo Cox has died after being shot three times in the street near her office by an attacker

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlestonChew

You know who I cheer the death of? People who actually hold the knife to the throats of innocent persons.

David Cameron is not innocent. He has to personally clear missions and deployments, gives orders to generals and has them kill on his behalf, while telling us that we, WE are making this move, we are making that move, when the blood is on his hands, and the hands of his cabinet ministers.

Tony Blair is not innocent, because he ordered the deaths of countless thousands, sent our lads and ladies off to die in hellholes all over the Middle East, and maintains to this day that it was all done in the best interests of the nation, despite the fact that the whole bloody thing was a money making exercise, a fact that did not escape the man, if his many book deals and speaking engagements, and the grand job he did of lining his own pocket is anything to go by.

But Jo Cox has never been in a position to cause a death by way of her involvement with government, she has never even been in a position to cause moral outrage in her position in government. Her job is to express the needs, sorrows, and hardships of her constituents, to a room full of people, many of which HAVE had their hands in all manner of wrong doing. But Jo Cox is neither high placed enough within her party, nor old enough in terms of how long she has BEEN an MP, to have been involved in any murder, warmongering, the deliberate destitution of the working class, the destruction of the middle, or the inflation of the pocket books of the already well off. She has presided over no malnourishment on the part of children in her constituency, nor has she been in a position to affect anything for good or ill.

All she gets to do as an MP, is let central government know, what her district thinks of things. She is not a cabinet minister, and never has been. She has no actual power of any kind, other than to speak the minds of those who live in her ward. She cannot be held responsible for the ills of the last twenty years of politics in this country.

You are damned right, I would take a swing at Blair and Cameron, and Bush for that matter, smug, brain dead sock puppet of a man he is. They have LITERALLY been responsible for the deaths of untold thousands of people, all for the cause of making money for their cronies. They are not murderers by association, but in fact. Jo Cox is not any such thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht
Airey Neave was killed by the INLA.

He was a vocal advocate of the reintroduction of the death penalty for Irish Terrorists.

Thanks, after all these years it's a bit fuzzy and I tend to simplify all the Republican groups into the IRA and all the Unionists into the UVF.
edit on 24pThu, 16 Jun 2016 16:57:24 -050020162016-06-16T16:57:24-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: capitalisation

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thank you for putting all his anarchist crap into the sorry perspective it deserves. Appalling worldview. He actually said thank you to the murderer. What a total nonce.

Fair play for continuing to put him in his place. I only hope that ATS doesn't fall under the sway of people with such abhorrent personal views & utterly idiotic social views.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew
Seeing how politicians require the use of violence and intimidation to enforce their political aims, it can be said that the gunman--Tommy Mair--was acting in self-defense to help rid the world of terrorism.

Thank you, Tommy.

Jo Cox was a mother of two children, elected into post by a large majority of her local community in a free election process

She was a campaigner for human rights, worked for a number of charities before becoming a politician and was widely regarded as a humanist.

She was killed in cold blood just before she was due to meet local people to discuss problems they were experiencing in the area.

There was no intimidation involved in her being voted in by her local community. This is Britain, not some dictatorship. No one in this country is threatened with violence and intimidation to vote for an MP.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanking someone for murdering another person shows a base level of stupidity that is rarely seen on ATS.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The INLA spent as much effort shooting each other as they did being terrorists.

Airey Neave wote a book on the Nuremburg Trials worth reading.

Advocating for the death penalty was a high risk strategy at the time.

You will remember Ross McWhirter who was shot by the IRA for the same reason.

Bad times...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The INLA spent as much effort shooting each other as they did being terrorists.

Airey Neave wote a book on the Nuremburg Trials worth reading.

Advocating for the death penalty was a high risk strategy at the time.

You will remember Ross McWhirter who was shot by the IRA for the same reason.

Bad times...

Yes! Norris's brother. I remember them both appearing on record breakers

Thanks, I'll look into that book.
Pretty much all I remember about it was the news made a big deal about the bomb having a tilt switch so it would go off when his car hit the ramp out of the car park. Ross was shot on his doorstep wasn't he? I'm sure he was. I was only a kid at the time so didn't give it much thought other than not being able to figure out what the IRA had against the Guinness Book of Records.

I also remember Thatcher talking about it on telly, but no one in my house could stand her so I never paid much attention.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Not sure that we need two threads on this, but hey.

I just want to point something out, might’ve been mentioned but I have 5 pages to read yet. If he did indeed use a First World War relic then there is every possibility that it was actually legal. Carrying it in the streets could be criminal, although discretion would likely be used for honest transport. Think of it like a chef moving his kitchen knives - indeed, knives of a certain size cannot be carried on the person, but chefs require them for their job and have to keep them securely boxed or wrapped and must stow them in a car boot - or something like that. Antique guns would probably work in the same way, so if somebody has one in their bedroom draw then they are most likely within the law as long as there are no bullets around.

edit on 1ThursdayThursdayAmerica/Chicago5pmThursday4pm06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I provided the reading for you to show that guns are banned in Venezuela with the exception of military, police, and government officials.

It was wrong. Private citizens do own guns. The restrictions put in place say that new guns can't be sold to them. The devil in details and all that.

I was only speaking gun homicides, I provided enough to illustrate my point. You can punch holes in other peoples research all you want.

According to your link "only speaking gun homocides", per 100,000:
Honduras - 67.18
Venezuela - 39.00

Pre-punched if you ask me.

edit on 16-6-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

Not sure that we need two threads on this, but hey.

We have 12 threads a day about trump so why not have two on this ??

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

True, true. Then again, Trump has twelve toes so go figure.

edit on 1ThursdayThursdayAmerica/Chicago5pmThursday4pm06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The murder today was very sad.

The British Labour Party has a long and honorable history.

I suspect a failure of "care in the community" is the true cause.

It is regrettable that the memory of a good person was treated in the way we have seen.

Best wishes to all the good people in this thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The murder today was very sad.

The British Labour Party has a long and honorable history.

I suspect a failure of "care in the community" is the true cause.

It is regrettable that the memory of a good person was treated in the way we have seen.

Best wishes to all the good people in this thread.

Maybe one good thing that might come out of it is we will (most of us) now put a bit of thought into how we respond to someone with a different political view.
I know I've been guilty of being a bit of a twat when it comes to talking about things like the EU sometimes, I shall definitely try and keep this in my mind to help me remember that someone can disagree with me without being "evil".

I definitely think you are on the right track with the care in the community thing.

(post by CharlestonChew removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Too far

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I wasn't under the impression political assassination and terrorism were the same thing? Can you elaborate on this please?

Source

The assassination of JFK wasn't considered terrorism

In modern times, political assassinations continue to play an important role in political and social processes and, in some cases, have a dramatic effect. For example, many argue that the assassination of the Israeli Prime Minister Itzhak Rabin in 1995 was a major reason for the collapse of the peace process between Israel and the Palestinians.[1] It is also difficult to deny the impact of the assassinations of figures such as Martin Luther King or Benazir Bhutto on the success of their political movements/parties following their deaths. Thus, it is not surprising that Appleton argues, “The impact of assassinations on America and the World is incalculable,”[2] and that Americans cite the assassination of John F. Kennedy as the crime that has had the greatest impact on American society in the last 100 years.[3] Nonetheless, despite the apparently significant influence of political assassinations on political and social realities, this particular manifestation of political action is understudied and, as a result, poorly understood.

The word terrorism doesn't even show up in this article as political assassination is a heinous crime, it is treated as such. Terrorism is also a heinous crime but from my understanding it is treated differently. I would suppose a terrorist/ terrorists can commit to political assassinations to further an agenda but that again would be different.

That's because the people who organized the assassination also placed their vp puppet in place. He who wins a coup, writes law, propaganda and history.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

George Osbourne is a terrorist. Gordon Brown was two different kinds of a terrorist in his political career. John Major and Margret Thatcher were both terrorists.

Jo Cox never took a damn thing from anyone. She never took anyone's power, she never ordered a death, never stole a pension, never defunded a whole generations worth of social programs designed to help the needy. She is not a terrorist. She was trying to get people involved in the affairs of their nation, not the other way around. She had more in common with the positive elements of anarchy than you bloody well do!

She wanted people to have power over their own fate, to have aspirations that they could reach, above the station they might have been born into, to break down the walls between people, and have them relate to one another in a way which benefits everyone. She was not a terrorist. She was a human being, and a good one. I bloody hate politicians, and even I can't fault her track record.

Me thinks you are just being a douche because you can be.
edit on 16-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

"care in the community", another of Mrs.Thatchers policies.

The woman who did not believe in "society" of course.

I understand that only in the North of England did she reach the level of popularity she earned in Ireland.

Todays sadness is further evidence of the effect she had on the UK I'd guess.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: CharlestonChew

And you seem to be one of those sick people who thinks she deserved it.

If you're going to use violence against people, people are going to get angry and retaliate.

Tell me then what horrible violent act this mother committed?

She supported government by working for it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join