It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour MP Jo Cox has died after being shot three times in the street near her office by an attacker

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

If he Targetted a politician for political reasons it's terrorism by definition.

Not true and i can prove it.

While it is true that the UK definition of terrorism can be interpreted as any attack is motivated by political means this does not always equate to the a situation like this being automatically being treated as a act of terror.

For example, a case that is probably close to this in the UK would be the 2010 attempted murder of Stephen Timms who was stabbed in his office by a female Islamic extremest who claimed she was influence by Anwar Al-Awlaki and other radicals from AQIP. However although at first glance this would therefore be a terrorist case the women responsible was actually found guilty of attempted murder and not a terrorist related crime.
edit on 16-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thanks, this was the answer I was looking for when asking in my last post.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The UK definition of terrorism and the American definition of terrorism are totally different.

Under UK law any act of violence that is designed to influence the government or further a political or religious agenda so this could be potentially treated as a terrorist act however as I have pointed out above the closest case to this we have in the UK in recent times was treated as attempted murder and not terrorism.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I have a feeling this is going to be treated as a pre meditated murder, I don't know how the laws work in the UK but from what I gather from reading the article, witnesses state it appeared as though the murderer was laying in wait, also he came with the fire arm willingly meaning it brought it with purpose and was also equipped with a "foot long knife" he used to stab her with after she was shot.

This dude needs to rot in hell!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If you read the post where the witness described the weapon as "Describing the gun, Abdallah said, "It looked like a gun from, I don't know, the First World War or a makeshift, handmade gun. It's not sort of like the kind of gun you see normally." He told Sky News the attacker wore a dirty white baseball cap."

Antique pistols are not illegal in the UK, so your "assessment" was wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Looks like it was a home made gun or some sort of antique.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Antique pistols do not fire 3 shots in rapid fashion unless it was semi auto making it an illegal weapon. I don't think the assassin took time to stuff powder, wadding, and ball into the pistol 3 times.

Only time will tell us as more details emerge I suppose no need in arguing what it is when all we have to do is wait and find out. Whether make shift or not, this is a terrible crime.
edit on 16-6-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
That's impossible, guns are illegal there.

It's crazy how ignorance gets 14 stars

There are nearly 2 million legally owned guns in the UK.

150,000 own a firearms certificate.
600,000 own a shotgun certificate.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Can this be classified as far-right terrorism too? Or is he "mentally ill"?

Seeing how politicians require the use of violence and intimidation to enforce their political aims, it can be said that the gunman--Tommy Mair--was acting in self-defense to help rid the world of terrorism.

Thank you, Tommy.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

We are not talking about civil war muskets but guns made during the early part of the 20th century.
You do know that in WW1 they had multi-fire weapons, no powdering up the balls to shoot required.
The fact he supposedly fired 3 rounds to the head and that didn't instantly kill her, should tell you the pistol was ineffective, why else would he finish with a knife?
Agreed, It's a horrible tragedy.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Unleash the tavistock frontier psychiatry mind control victim with a samarai sword or a gun is a standard British false flag,I notice a 200 point turnaround on the Dow in the hope Brexit is postponed the planet is now run by ghouls.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Regardless of political stance, this is very sad. No one deserves to die due to their job role. RIP Jo.
edit on 16/6/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Grammar innit??

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlestonChew

That is not the UK definition of terrorism.

You cannot say something was or was not terrorism from a legal point of view using a dictionary definition of terrorism.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You cannot say something was or was not terrorism from a legal point of view using a dictionary definition of terrorism.

Actually I can because law and legal woo is irrelevant.

"we get to use a different definition that makes us the good guys" said the state.

Weird how that works.
edit on 16-6-2016 by CharlestonChew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

The smell of this is astounding. While I am grieved to hear of the assassination, and I shall pray for her soul and those who mourn Jo's death, everything about it in the aftermath indicates a calculated last minute attempt to stop BREXIT either by postponing the vote or by turning public opinion through the so far unsubstantiated meme that the alleged shooter shouted "Britain First" which we are all meant to see as a parallel to the mass-murderer in Orlando shouting Allahu-Akbar. Very carefully scripted, and interestingly is another act of wild violence following the meeting of the Bilderbergers. Every time those diabolical creeps meet, the week that follows is always filled with some sort of mass murder or another act of shocking violence.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew

Actually I can because law and legal woo is irrelevant.

NO IT IS NOT!!!

The poster was saying this could be treated as a terrorism act, that implies that the perp would be charged under the Terrorism Act 2000. For this to have been the case the crime would have to fit the definition of terrorism as set out under that act (and subsequent acts and amendments) which is not some stupid on-line dictionary definition but rather a legal one.

To attempt to define terrorism using a dictionary only demonstrates that you have no idea how complex term "terrorism" really is.

For further information read this Defining Terrorism
edit on 16-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

From the moon landings through the war on terror everything now appears to be a psyop whether they are or not is a moot point TPTB have pulled enough stunts to overcook the fish, the next black swan will be stunning as they are starting to loose the narrative.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Was she the target? Apparently the guy was scuffling with another guy beforehand, when the guy stepped back, that's when he pulled the gun, the MP became "involved" and the guy shot her twice then shot her in the head when she was on the ground.

It's not clear from the BBC story if it was the MP he stabbed.....

"Somebody tried to grab him, wrestling with him and then he wielded a knife, like a hunting knife, just started lunging at her with a knife half a dozen times. People were screaming and running from the area"

Was the "she" the MP, or did a female member of public grab him and get stabbed? I'm guessing the MP.

Poor woman, RIP

For those Americans taking advantage of this to further your pro-gun argument -- a) had the public been armed it would not have stopped the shooting, b) This is a once in a blue moon event, our gun laws ensure this isn't common place.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

NO IT IS NOT!!!

I AM SURE THAT SHOUTING WILL MAKE THE STATE'S RULES RELEVANT!!11!!!!

The poster was saying this could be treated as a terrorism act, that implies that the perp would be charged under the Terrorism Act 2000. For this to have been the case the crime would have to fit the definition of terrorism as set out under that act (and subsequent acts and amendments) which is not some stupid on-line dictionary definition but rather a legal one.

Governments don't have the authority to define anything. They have the threat of violence to force people to follow their definitions. There is a difference between the two.

To attempt to define terrorism using a dictionary only demonstrates that you have no idea how complex term "terrorism" really is.

I am but a simple man who cannot wrap his tiny mind around the divine complexity of our prodigious rulers.

All hail the human beings made of finer clay than the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti
It is utter lies, the guy had mental issues and was not political or belonged to any party. This was lies all over twitter spread by another MP who was in the remain team. It appears the young MP saw two men arguing and tried to intervene and was shot and stabbed. This elite that are in the remain camp are beneath contempt. I heard it on BBC news that he shouted Britain First and all the newspaper that printed it made more of a point of this than a young mother been shot in the street. We then had the E>U comm saying that a young woman was shot who supported the E.U by people that wish to destroy it. These people will use anything and anyone to further their agenda. Until today I was undecided but I'm out now and will tell all my family who trust my advice and will follow likewise.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join