It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour MP Jo Cox has died after being shot three times in the street near her office by an attacker

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Thats were education comes in.

Still teenages do stupid things.

A compusory visit to Austwitz as part of the curriculum would pretty much sort things out.

A lot of schools do it already. I say make it compulsery.
edit on 20-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't know about that. Sorta money it would cost would do much better spent in other ways.

You have a point though, there was very little in school about the Holocaust etc when I was a kid, Anne Frank was about it. Most of what we learned was from tv and Warlord :-)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Dunno. Most comps down my way do it. The leason learned from standing there is far greater than a dozen classroom history leasons on it.
And 100% garentee that trip will be remembered for the rest of there lifes.

Seems worth the cost to me if it cuts down any idolization of the NAZIS without having restrict our freedoms of speech.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Collecting Nazi relics is freedom and while it’s very questionable it shouldn’t be restricted as long as it’s not weapons as that wouldn’t be the precedent we want. Standing in the street throwing a salute to Hitler, however, would very likely meet with an arrest. I’ve seen it happen, the police can and will take people down the station for it. The way I see it that if there are a bunch of skinheads marching through a town centre raising an open hand then there is a very good chance that they are not particularly nice people.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

Thats kinda why its a good idea to allow expression.

When the skinheads are marching down the street least we know exactly were they are.

Someone or a group starts expressing Nazi views and MI5 and the police will have them under moniteering.

Of course it does not always work as in this tragic murder. But on the whole if the Nazi like groups plan a march or trouble the police are normaly already there waiting to moniteer things.

Better out in the open were we can see the enemy.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Crazy, put like that it seems like a winner.

Illegal, I know Lemmy used to collect all that stuff, so I can understand people doing it.

I tale your point about skins too, though lots of my peers were skins and they were like anyone else most of the time.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

You are right of course.

Economic and political solidarity are a damned fine way of removing social order collapse drivers, like xenophobia, from the top list of threats facing a nation. That said, we are in no position, as a nation, to rest upon those particular laurels.

Parts of my generation, as well as much of the next few down the tube, are basically abandoned to a fate unimaginable just a few decades before our birth. No hope of being able to afford to move out, leave alone ever retire, no incentives to do anything, because only something stupid like the top third of people with a job, actually earn enough to live on without borrowing massively...

The phone companies lied. The future is not bright, nor orange, and with even the top man of the Bank of England threatening to open up a world of hurt on mortgage payers if we leave the EU, that future is looking pretty bloody bleak, no matter which way things get sliced. The economic issues we face are a direct consequence of the failure of the idea that public services should be run like private companies, if you ask me, and that shows no sign of changing at all!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I have never once asked someone throwing that salute what he was thinking. I have, in times past, ensured the individual ceased thinking about it, or anything else for a good ten minutes, although that was at school, and that was a crazy place, at a crazy time, and the less said about that, the better.

I take the efforts my ancestors made to ensure and enshrine my rights very seriously, and for all that this country is not perfect, I love it very dearly. I feel I owe my ancestors at least enough respect for their sacrifices, that I would not allow their works to be undone without resistance.

Perhaps this is just another outmoded way of thinking. I am not above such indulgences, after all!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

I can’t help but get the feeling that Tommy Mair has been set-up by the global establishment who are the real criminals behind the death / hoax death of Jo Cox. Those who knew him well say that he was a ‘perfectly normal person who showed no signs of mental health issues’ and you simply cannot ignore the convenient timing in which this attack has taken place.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have never once asked someone throwing that salute what he was thinking. I have, in times past, ensured the individual ceased thinking about it, or anything else for a good ten minutes, although that was at school, and that was a crazy place, at a crazy time, and the less said about that, the better.

I take the efforts my ancestors made to ensure and enshrine my rights very seriously, and for all that this country is not perfect, I love it very dearly. I feel I owe my ancestors at least enough respect for their sacrifices, that I would not allow their works to be undone without resistance.

Perhaps this is just another outmoded way of thinking. I am not above such indulgences, after all!

Well Brit, sometimes people do things such as a fascist salute, not because they are evil and really believe in the ideology but simply because they failed to think through their actions.

That goes double for teenagers (Who I was specifically talking about).

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

A Tory councillor in East Riding, and a campaigner for Vote Leave, posted to Facebook today: ‘I have just donated the steam of my p*ss’ with a link to the Jo Cox memorial fund page

The Mirror are running with the story also, but i refuse to even click the link and read what they have to say.

Some people have no class. Hopefully this guy's time in a well payed job is all but over.............. What a bag of Rats!!!.

Could someone really be so stupid, Crass, sick minded.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Isnt it her constitancy?

Sounds like something more than politics.

Sounds as if this twat had a personal dispute with her over something.

Hope he gets fired.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I have to wonder what's going on up there, seems to be a lot of rightwing voters around, I wonder if the bitterness is related to things like Rotherham and Halifax and how all that has been dealt with.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I have to wonder what's going on up there, seems to be a lot of rightwing voters around, I wonder if the bitterness is related to things like Rotherham and Halifax and how all that has been dealt with.

Dunno something that personal and spitefull smacks of some personal diffrence betweem them.

He must of known posting that would cause him to lose his job, so whatever it was had enough hate and emotion behind it to overcome common sense.

edit on 21-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Good point. Though people are always getting surprised that their tweets result in a p45.

Maybe we are all just too disconnected in real life so that everyone else is "other"?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Good point. Though people are always getting surprised that their tweets result in a p45.

Maybe we are all just too disconnected in real life so that everyone else is "other"?

This wasnt a off colour joke though.

This was a pure mean spirited and spitefull message.

He may as well pissed on her grave.

Something got him rilled up.

He probably had the hots for her and she told him tk F off

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Some of the tweets I've seen around lately are anything but off colour jokes.

Who really knows what went through his mind?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?

Oh...that... That is beyond low. I am DISGUSTED! I am not shocked, because this is Tory brand filth, and it is invariably worse than the imagination can possibly consider, but that is bloody appalling, even considering the source. I am glad this cretinous bag of filth has been removed from his post, but if there were any justice in this country he would be roundly thrashed for such an utterly tasteless and cowardly statement.

I would love to contact this Peacock person, and give to him a solemn promise that if I ever see his face on my travels about the British Isles, I will donate to him the beating of a lifetime, and a bonus burst scrotum, the horrid, honourless, vomitsack.

That has really twisted my gut.

Do you know it's ironic. All I want to do, is move this world on to a point where those living on it can just love one another, but when I see something like this, it makes me want to tear down the entire fabric of reality and set the resultant mess on fire.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I would love to contact this Peacock person, and give to him a solemn promise that if I ever see his face on my travels about the British Isles, I will donate to him the beating of a lifetime, and a bonus burst scrotum, the horrid, honourless, vomitsack.

Quick to violence yet again.
You would savagely beat an unknown man for using a digital medium to disrespect the murdered MP, who I presume you didn't know either?
You must be violent over words quite often if what you posted wasn't mere hyperbole emotional ranting, and you actually meant it.

I bet you'd wish for laws to allow savage beatings over mere words by unknown person towards unknown person.
Perhaps you need to detach yourself from the TV news or something, you seem overly emotionally entangled and detrimentally to the physical safety of others.

That has really twisted my gut.

Why? Did you know her personally or something?
People are horrible all over social media, any reason you particularly wish to savagely beat this man?

Do you know it's ironic. All I want to do, is move this world on to a point where those living on it can just love one another, but when I see something like this, it makes me want to tear down the entire fabric of reality and set the resultant mess on fire.

Yeah, and savagely beat people to love each other, or because they use disrespectful words online.
It pleases me that we only 'know' each other online. The image you often present regarding violence is questionable at best.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20886674]grainofsand

Why? Did you know her personally or something?
People are horrible all over social media, any reason you particularly wish to savagely beat this man?

Please, Please miss......Can i answer?....Yes Solo...you can.

Miss, He a Dick. All Dicks must be beaten mercilessly whatever medium they wish to share their Dickhead Views and thoughts. Some even deserve to be shot in the face for uttering shut bollocks.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join