It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour MP Jo Cox has died after being shot three times in the street near her office by an attacker

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

There is NO MORE ROOM IN THE SOUTH .

Last time that way in the south I definitely saw some fairly large green areas. We can utilise these green areas by building houses on them for new arrivals from abroad. We need more housing so let's just build in the place they want to build. The south downs look like perfect building plots.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Soloprotocol

Right now in the south it takes 4 -5weeks to get a GP appointment.

Schools are oversubscribed.

Houseing ran out a decade ago. Im "well off" compared to most and even im struggling to afford more than a shoe box.

Freinds in the local police and council are struggling.

Things might with rosey in your part of Scotland but they are falling apart down here.

We need to build the infrastructure before we accept any more.

Dont know why that is so bloody hard to understand?

So immigration doesn't really effect you. just other people you are talking about.? i fail to see what immigration has to do with the size of the house you can afford or have all the immigrants bought up all the bigger shoe boxes. There are tens of thousands of empty properties in the south and a #load of land lying empty..

NO MORE ROOM?...hmmm, Mary was told the same thing 2000 years ago. No more room..

NO MORE ROOM....NO MORE ROOM...NO MORE ROOM...you sound like a demented street preacher.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Last time that way in the south I definitely saw some fairly large green areas. We can utilise these green areas by building houses on them for new arrivals from abroad. We need more housing so let's just build in the place they want to build. The south downs look like perfect building plots.

Yeah, Have a look at Google Maps...Plenty land available. Now we just gotta prise it from the rich Land owners and farmers who get payed hundreds of thousands of £££££ from Brussels to do nothing with it. That would be a start.
edit on 18-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Houseing ran out a decade ago. Im "well off" compared to most and even im struggling to afford more than a shoe box.

Things might with rosey in your part of Scotland but they are falling apart down here.

So immigration doesn't really effect you. just other people you are talking about.? i fail to see what immigration has to do with the size of the house you can afford or have all the immigrants bought up all the bigger shoe boxes. There are tens of thousands of empty properties in the south and a #load of land lying empty..

NO MORE ROOM?...hmmm, Mary was told the same thing 2000 years ago. No more room..

NO MORE ROOM....NO MORE ROOM...NO MORE ROOM...you sound like a demented street preacher.

You really dont know #.

You try getting your kid into a school down here or a doctors appointment.

Your part of the bloody problem!

The fact people like YOU refuse to listen and dismiss the problems makes them worse! The more you hard core lefties ignore it the more people will gravitate to the far right and lash out just to let there voices heard.

I have nothing against the current immigrants already here, in fact this effects them too as they will see there standard of living drop the more the services down here break under the pressure!

We cant take anymore until more school, hospitals and low income homes are built.
Its very simple,

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes Im all for that.

But building projects take time

Schools can take up to 5 years to plan and build, hospitals 10.

We are already lagging behind 10-15 years in whats needed.

That means we need a crash building project in the south.

But as a stop gap to relieve public services we need to halt non essential immigration till the building work catches up.

That or we send them all up to Scotland if is got so much hospital and school resources?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You really dont know #.

The fact people like YOU refuse to listen and dismiss the problems makes them worse! The more you hard core lefties ignore it the more people will gravitate to the far right and lash out just to let there voices heard.

I have nothing against the current immigrants already here, in fact this effects them too as they will see there standard of living drop the more the services down here break under the pressure!

We cant take anymore until more school, hospitals and low income homes are built.
Its very simple,

How many British kids have failed to get into a school......ever..?

You're just exaggerating the problem. It's people like you spreading lies that's the problem. No Kid in the UK has ever been denied School when the time came for them to go to school.

All Doctors have waiting times. Nothing really new there.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yeah, Have a look at Google Maps...Plenty land available. Now we just gotta prise it from the rich Land owners and farmers who get payed hundreds of thousands of £££££ from Brussels to do nothing with it. That would be a start.

Empty land.

You cant live on empty land.

Nor can teach classes in a muddy field or preform surgery .

You need to build on it and that takes time.

All i ask is a temporary halt on immigration until we can build up the nessary infrastructure.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Well that or send them all up to Scotland.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You really dont know #.

Its very simple,

How many British kids have failed to get into a school......ever..?

You're just exaggerating the problem. It's people like you spreading lies that's the problem. No Kid in the UK has ever been denied School when the time came for them to go to school.

All Doctors have waiting times. Nothing really new there.

Are you #ing nuts?

School standards are dropping because teaching resources are spread thin. Kids are not denied places but instead crammed into oversubscribed schools!

And i have seen waiting times creep up fron 5 days to 4 weeks since 2001.

Im not lieing IM LIVING HERE AND EFFECTED BY THE DROPPING STANDARD OF LIVING!

Your the the one living in lala fairy land up in Scotland!

Every time you dam thick skulled lefties deny a problem or call us liers another person shifts to the far right.

Im not on the far far right yet but your pushing me.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That or we send them all up to Scotland

They don't want to live in Scotland. It's full of Scottish people. Even Scots themselves leg it from Scotland if they can.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Lets break it down into simple maths shall we?

2001 the population of my area was 231,000

Now it is 275,000

In that time we have closed one hospital and have built no more.

We have only built one new secondary school.

We need one medium size hospital and at LEAST 2 more secondary schools.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thomas Mair. Speaks Volumes.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Maybe (but I hope not) that she was murdered in a suspicious way.

Murders in pursuit of the higher purpose?

We are fairly convinced:

If necessary our real leaders will do everything to stimulate globalization. (And of coarse sometimes they will have to set a step back too.)

No doubt that they will eliminate crucial people to reach their goal. And sometimes on first sight they seem to pursue just the contrary we think. But be sure that they know what they are doing.

In 1986 Olof Palme was murdered. He was a man who played a great role on the scene of globalization (if we may call it that way). He seemed to be sidetracked. But appearances are deceptive.

He had a lot of enemies but nobody cared apparently about his security while he walked out of a bioscope. He got murdered. By who? We don’t know but we have our suspicions.

Palme’s ideas got a boost after his death. No further comment.

The murder of Martin Luther King gave a boost to his ideas. Be sure about that too.

The murder of Kennedy gave a boost to his ideas. Again we repeat ourselves. The moon landings had a lot of powerful opponents in the 60’s. After the murder the mass backed Kennedy’s ideas more and more. (Although Kennedy could be murdered also for other reasons like the fact that he spoke about cooperating with the Soviets concerning the moon landings.

Or how one can influence the mass (and their votes) just to play their feelings about injustice.

All in all it doesn’t seem so difficult for a mighty organization to eliminate crucial people with a lot of enemies. Just find the right lunatic and make his head more than crazy. Bring him in the neighborhood of the target and the rest will follow easily (while you as a big organization knows nothing, so to speak).

But it must been said: we are speculating (because what else can we do?).

Yes we can continue because more recently there are possibly more examples of innocent people who have been slaughtered in the name of a very high purpose.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Oh.

I see. Shocking that anyone can get away with that salute in this country. Perhaps we were not stern enough when we removed the supremacists from power in Europe, under the guidance of Churchill. I am appalled that my nations soil is befouled by the likes of that which "graces" this page.
edit on 20-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I love our media are using her death, as by claiming that the remain camp will win in Thursday unless of course the voting will be rigged to favor the remain camp.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh.

I see. Shocking that anyone can get away with that salute in this country. Perhaps we were not stern enough when we removed the supremacists from power in Europe, under the guidance of Churchill. I am appalled that my nations soil is befouled by the likes of that which "graces" this page.

Its called free speech.

As vile as that salute and his views are he should have the right to use whatever hand sign he likes.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think there is a difference between freedom of speech, and freedom to associate with enemies of the realm. Nazis, no matter what costume they appear in, will always be the enemy of any true Briton, no matter what century we live in, no matter what colour that Britons skin may be, or what his or her religious affiliations may or may not be.

Unless, of course, we would rather forget the past, and doom ourselves by so doing, to repeat it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I get what your saying.

But i dont think its best handled with the goverment sending there own jack boots in. That too is what the NAZI did to unpopular speech.

Best to deal with it through riddecule and education.

Plus you cant police thought. These people will still hold there NAZI ideas.

Better to let them express it (long as it is not violent)
Cause that way we know exactly were they are and can socially isolate them.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I suppose exile to Hungary, or some other sympathiser state would be a little to much to hope for.

It's just appalling is all. I think the trouble is that like any other form of extremist ideology, left unchecked the sort of thinking that ended the life of Mrs Cox will continue to take physical form from time to time, and that is unacceptable. We must remember that although her cause of death will likely be recorded as a gunshot to the head, she was killed by a thought, not by a bullet. That thought took all of hers, and ended them. After all, if it had not have been for the idea in his head, the villainous filth that ended her life would never have pulled the trigger.

I hate the idea of thought police, or thought crime as much as any freedom loving individual, but I cannot help but come to the conclusion there are some modes of thought which are so anathemic to freedom, so utterly opposed to it, that they represent treason against the people of our nation, not to mention disrespect to the blood shed in times past to insure that we had the benefit of freedoms in the first place.

I tell you, it is a bad time to be alive when folk like me start thinking like this. Ill omens are everywhere, so it seems.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I hate to use a American term.....

But freedom isnt free.

Some people like Cox will die because of freedom.

Nuts like the murderer (cant be bothered to learn his name) will allways exist.

Plus remember the NAZI only came to power because Germany became a failed state. Pretty much how ever dictator comes to power.

Best way to combat such things isnt thought police but makeing sure a country is healthy economically and politically.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think there is a difference between freedom of speech, and freedom to associate with enemies of the realm. Nazis, no matter what costume they appear in, will always be the enemy of any true Briton, no matter what century we live in, no matter what colour that Britons skin may be, or what his or her religious affiliations may or may not be.

Unless, of course, we would rather forget the past, and doom ourselves by so doing, to repeat it.

This always confused me when younger.
I was of the generation whose grandparents fought in the war and some of my mates would pull stupid things like that.
They never had an answer when asked what their grandads would have thought of it.
I'm damn sure none of them ever did it in front of them.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join