It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating Sustainable Migration/refugee solution for EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am very anti the current refugee wave since I feel every country should have a choice in what values that people have in their countries and free migration is a race to the bottom for the social systems in countries that provide basics.

My idea is to half way follow Australia that make it clear it is either you follow Australian rules or you wont ever get in.

Pick a place in the world. Libya seem to be the perfect place since it is already so screwed up. Send in Military personal that have order to kill all ISIS and criminals and enforce martial law.

All refuges/migration regardless of where they in Europe get sent to this place. They will get food, shelter, basic education and health care. If they have no passport they will be given a EU Refugee passport. This gives them rights to be in EU refugee zone but does not give them access to travel within EU.

At this place they can ask for relocation/work permit/sponsor ship to whatever European country they like but it is immigration not refugee. Every country can choose what they need and want for their society.

If they need unskilled labor they can grant access to unskilled labor.
If they need doctors they can relocate people who are already partially or fully educated or sponsor someone who want to be educated as a doctor.

The countries should be able to protect their social systems from people who cannot be hired or integrated in their host country.

Every county has a right to demand a social contract from the person wanting to immigrate. Following democracy ideals and equality of female/male/sexuality and no demand for Sharia is a few example I would like added to my countries demand. Make citizenship a longer process so that people have to prove they are part of their new society.

What do you say ATS?
edit on 16-6-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I rmember the polish zones during WW2, some got a work permit..

Did you really think through your post?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Pick a place in the world. Libya seem to be the perfect place since it is already so screwed up. Send in Military personal that have order to kill all ISIS and criminals and enforce martial law.

It is basically a buffer zone that you are proposing. I can understand the principle but I am not sure how such an area, so close to the warzones, could effectively be policed.

Then you also have to make a country want to accept being that zone, neither the EU nor even the UN could force any country to do that, I don't think.

At this place they can ask for relocation/work permit/sponsor ship to whatever European country they like but it is immigration not refugee. Every country can choose what they need and want for their society.

Once they are in an established safe haven I see no reason why the EU should have to be the one to accept the migrants. They would be, to all intents and purposes, economic migrants not refugees at that point.

Something needs to be done for sure, I am just not sure this plan is the way to go.

Good post though, you have at least tried to address the problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

The whole Hitler thing, is that all you have to say, really?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Nobody is keeping them there if they want to leave for another opportunity. Just because you want access to live in another society do not mean you automatically should be welcomed.

I cannot demand that I should live in Australia and US just because I want it. I have to compete for the jobs like everybody else.

You should have right to shelter, food, basic healthcare and basic education. Purpose is not a right it is something you create with others.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The zone can be anywhere. Lease it like the leasing of Hong Kong. Where it is placed is not really important it can even be within EU as long as it is buffered.

They are economic immigrants at this point since they have basic health care, education, food and shelter. But if Germany need economic immigrants than they can import them from there.

We probably need zones all over the planet where people can go that are being tossed around by nations not wanting them. But that is for the UN to work out.

For instance Rohingya Muslims might be helped by this:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Bahh deny refugee status to all fighting age MEN, allow only the women and children, if they want their country back tell them to grow a set and fight for it!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Unfortunately, there isn't much the west (or any other region) can do until the populations in these areas do something first. Islam in the middle east needs to reform on a major scale, starting with ideological resistance from the people in those lands. Maybe if they had proper Islamic leadership, so many wouldn't be pouring into western countries looking to run away from the problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

True.

The problem I see is that reformers are very unusual and white washers are very common who do not want to discuss the problem. When you look at Maajid Nawaz for example he went from Fundamentalist/Islamist to White washer to reformer. I have a feeling reformist can not voice their opinion fully yet.

The white washers like Reza Aslan have no problem telling their views.

top topics

join