It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Surge Among Gays, Lesbians After Orlando Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why let the largest arms dealer in the world tell us we can't have boom sticks ?

Anyone that thinks it has that RIGHT deserves the Darwin Award.
edit on 16-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am starting to like our gay friends.

I would love to see us all fighting 'the man' together.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
And everyone mentions the gay agenda, yet fails to explain it, except it only appears to be fear based and driven, by those who would cherry pick from a set of religious texts, and yet ignore everything else when it is inconvenient.

Just to be fair, I mentioned the agenda of the militant activists, not the gay community as a whole. I can make the difference of distinction because I'm not pretending that all LGBT people are the same with similar beliefs and desires, save for just having their sexual preference just ignored and accepted as normal.

If you're assuming that I am afraid of gay people, or that I'm religious, you are mistaken with such a level of asininity that I can't even measure it.

I am not sure how many people in the LGBT community you know or have dealt with, but I have dealt with many in at least 10 to 15 states and it seems as those they were not interest in having or own firearms, even the more militant ones. And the more militant ones were more interested in using the courts to fight their battles, rather than take matters into their own hands. So if that thought never was there or wanted, then yes it becomes a matter of conscious, a choice, where they have to weigh out if they dare violate what they are to become something they would rather not want to do. And it seems as those who are wanting to have firearms, tend to go into careers that would advocate such, and still not want to own them.

That's neat that you have personal experiences, and so do I. In fact, I have a gay uncle, and I have three lesbian neighbors and one gay neighbor with whom my wife and I spend most of my time on the weekends. Not to mention that two of them are a couple, and I'm officiating their wedding on July 8 (for which I specifically got ordained). They also have many gay friends who pop in when we're over there, and even *gasp* a full-fledged transsexual. And we live in Kentucky, so I get the whole issues with LGBT in "the South" without you feeling a need to tell me.

And when I describe "militant," I don't mean that they're all packing heat and wanting to shoot anyone who disagrees with them--my point was to divide the average LBGT person from the militant ones as a way to explain my point that you cannot generalize the LGBT community as all being the same, or even similar, in beliefs and peacefulness.

Not many can afford private security, and would prefer not to go down that route, however as long as congress does nothing, and in states and communities where there are no protections, there is but one choice that they are being left to, and that is to go out and get such, and that will weight heavy on their minds.

Again, you're generalizing. There are other ways to protect one's self that carrying a firearm, which is the most extreme in the view of many. I'd be interested to know how many running out to buy guns (who have no intent on training well with them) have considered other things before that, like appropriate self-defense (like Krav Maga), or pepper spray, or even carrying a knife, which can be much better as a defensive weapon than a gun.

Also, bringing 'private security' into the equation is a bit ridiculous, don't you think? After all, these aren't politicians who are screaming against guns while having armed security for free...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Nice! This sounds like good news for everybody to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I don't get it. Why can't they just call the police?

Because the police are minutes away in a situation where every second counts.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I don't get it. Why can't they just call the police?

I would be willing to bet my left nut, that MANY people in that club in Orlando called the police when the shooting started...STILL 49 dead.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Your sarcasm detector is glitching out.

I was hoping someone would take the ideological juxtaposition bait.

Not biting today, though, it appears...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is why our Second Amendment is called a God-given right....an inalienable right....not one given to you by the Government, but by a Natural Instinct to survive, protect, and live in happiness.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Your sarcasm detector is glitching out.

I was hoping someone would take the ideological juxtaposition bait.

Not biting today, though, it appears...

Sorry. Had a feeling you were being sarcastic. Still...my point needed to be made...with the assistance of your fine prompt. TY.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You provided a good foil and helped illustrate the point very well.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
This is why our Second Amendment is called a God-given right....an inalienable right....not one given to you by the Government, but by a Natural Instinct to survive, protect, and live in happiness.

You and I know that, Others know that, but for some asinine reason the anti gunners think their rights come from the STATE.

Absolutely mind blowing.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yeah, but I didn't hook the fish I wanted. The usual suspects aren't touching this with a 14" barrel.

I wonder why.

The one that got away...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Gays and lesbians are like everyone else. Maybe for a while, especially during the last couple of decades that it has become acceptable to come on out of the closet and join us, they were caught up in LGBT politics.

But they are just like the rest of us. They have the right to protect themselves. They, too, are now awakening to reality. You cannot hide under the table always and expect someone to always be there to save you or protect you. This world is full of bad guys, and sometimes it is your own government....or at least a faction within the government operating to implement their own agenda.

Protect your 2A. Don't allow it to be beaten down nudge by nudge.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My neighbors, who are gay, asked to put me down as a reference since I already have a FID and they are both applying.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My neighbors, who are gay, asked to put me down as a reference since I already have a FID and they are both applying.

You gotta be kidding me.

People actually need 'references' to practice their RIGHTS.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You need two in New Jersey and it helps if they are already licensed firearms owners who have not shot up a school or two.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know New Jersey. Good thing they don't ask for 3 references.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: neo96

You need two in New Jersey and it helps if they are already licensed firearms owners who have not shot up a school or two.

All i gots to say is thank GOD I live in Indiana,

www.nraila.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Tell me about it. I would be using a finger gun at that point.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
All i gots to say is thank GOD I live in Indiana.

I told them to wait 3-6 months for the handgun permit to be issued as well since it is a separate form.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join