It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect: Why Can't It Be Faulty Memory?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Lol no, I am not claiming that at all. What I am saying is that in the past we simply had our memories, and we accepted that for what it was. Then, if a lot of people corrected us we simply accepted that we had remembered it wrong.

Now it seems as if a very small group of people are suddenly out of sync.

Well, all it seems to indicate is that today people accept much less that they are wrong. It's more a change in mentality. We hinted at it already but now people have much more of a "snowflake" mentality today. Also it doesn't help that the internet is an echo chamber for bad opinions. Just look at it already, even if everyone knows the earth isn't flat, the internet allows people who believe it is to band together and discuss about their common delusion. It reinforces their belief.

originally posted by: Jonjonj
So you tell me, are ALL of the examples of ME correct for you? Every one? Because if only one is not then where does that leave this theory?

If one example is worthy of investigating, and I do have the capacity to do it, I will.

It doesn't tell me anything about its meaning, it's a bad approach to try to give meaning to something we don't understand. That's how people invented things that don't exist; to explain and give meaning what they don't understand.

If I want to understand why people remember something differently, I study that and only that. Not a theory that is handed to me by someone who tells me "just don't think for yourself, take this theory it explains everything (it doesn't even explain anything, it's just a fancy name)"
edit on 17-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
a reply to: Ruiner1978
Problem is you start the conversation saying does anything look odd. You've already influenced the persons reaction with a statement like that. They are now looking for something wrong, you asking suggests something is wrong, so to not seem "stupid" they will say something is wrong, in the hope that was the reaction you were looking for.

Yes this is something I've considered and touched on in another thread.
However, we have to take into account that everyone zeros in on the exact same placements/misplacements of the same countries. If there were various answers from people I could fully subscribe to the influence explaination.

Also, something you really must understand is a lot of the people I asked really would not care about coming across as stupid if they didn't think something looked out of place. They'd have no problem telling me how it is, so to speak.
That must be factored in also.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am unaware of these Mandela effects until I read about them on an ATS thread

And the fact that everyone seems to have the same effect makes it obvious that it's bogus

If everyone had different effects, different memories, then I'd give it a second thought. Since everyone seems to have the same ones, it's clear that people are only remembering what they are reading in present time.

Memory is a funny thing.
edit on 17-6-2016 by VivreLibre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
However, we have to take into account that everyone zeros in on the exact same placements/misplacements of the same countries.

Probably because our brains are wired the same so we do the same mistakes when we are faced with the same information?

Same with optical illusions or why many people believe Toronto is the capital city of Canada.

There is no need for a supernatural explanation to explain why different people make the same mistakes, really. It's perfectly normal.

On the other hand unique testimonies like the one shared in this thread with the family and everything are much more valuable and worthy of investigation.
edit on 17-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
However, we have to take into account that everyone zeros in on the exact same placements/misplacements of the same countries.

Probably because our brains are wired the same so we do the same mistakes when we are faced with the same information?

Same with optical illusions or why many people believe Toronto is the capital city of Canada.

There is no need for a supernatural explanation to explain why different people make the same mistakes, really. It's perfectly normal.

You may be right.
But for now every explanation, supernatural or not, including my own ideas about it are still unsatisfactory.

I've considered many possibilities, even those offered in this thread which may come as a surprise to some because I'm automatically lumped in with the timeline jumper believers just because I don't agree with a certain other explanations.
All those people misremembering the exact same specifics randomly or because that's just the way ours brains are wired doesn't add up for me.

But again, you may well have it bang on.

edit on 17 6 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join