It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect: Why Can't It Be Faulty Memory?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

Right. So why does this not apply to two people both claiming they remember South America being more westward?

Because both of them only started to "remember" this after seeing a thread or a youtube video about it.

No, they haven't seen any youtube video or even heard of the Mandela Effect.

Again, why does this not apply to two people both claiming they remember South America being more westward?

It might, but I also explained how different map projections exist and how the ones we see today can be different from the ones in the past.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978
Very bad example of mandela. That is just a basic misunderstanding of geographical location. Everytime I see france on the map it's more southern than I previously remembered. Am I witnessing a parallel universe where france and the tectonic plates shifted up north, of course not, that is plain stupid. It's simply me misinterpreting and remembering the atlas wrong. Really really poor example of the mandela effect.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Right. So why does this not apply to two people both claiming they remember South America being more westward?

Because both of them only started to "remember" this after seeing a thread or a youtube video about it.

No, they haven't seen any youtube video or even heard of the Mandela Effect.

Again, why does this not apply to two people both claiming they remember South America being more westward?

It might, but I also explained how different map projections exist and how the ones we see today can be different from the ones in the past.

And I've gone into quite a bit of detail explaining exactly why that particular explanation is unsatisfactory to me in other threads.

Page 169 onward in the "Berenstein Bears Tip of the Iceberg..." thread if you're genuinely interested.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Very bad example of mandela. That is just a basic misunderstanding of geographical location. Everytime I see france on the map it's more southern than I previously remembered. Am I witnessing a parallel universe where france and the tectonic plates shifted up north, of course not, that is plain stupid. It's simply me misinterpreting and remembering the atlas wrong. Really really poor example of the mandela effect.

Also some Americans aren't particularly famous for their knowledge of geography ;p

Trump recently claimed that my country was a great city

Watch this video, especially the map parts (and please ignore the wide brushing video title):

Were these people victim of the Mandela effect? Or were they simply, sorry for the political incorrectness, uneducated?
edit on 16-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Well I live in the Uk so don't know much about the bear thing or those hoops and have not watched star wars but I have got what you call a photographic memory. I use my mind and have won Inventor of the year at the Barbican London, Now that tank guy . I remember the tank going left, then the tank veered right and the guy went right it was like cat and mouse. The driver did this jamming on the brake a few times then he veered left or right and put the boot down thinking he could speed past the guy and the guy got caught in the tracks and the driver just drove on we were all shocked that he could keep on driving over the guy. Then the tanks behind him drove on veering left or right to avoid the body' he was dead and crushed I remember thinking not much blood for someone being flattened. Then the UK went into hyper as we were having to hand back Hong Kong, Prince Charles wanted to keep it but Maggie Thatcher said immigrants could come that had £1 million which cause an uproar as many people said bring them all over, this was serious stuff and we could have went to war with China over this. Now I see a youtube video and the guy is climbing on the tank, this guy would have been shot if he tried this China did not put up with any dissent, then we see people come and take him a way, he was there himself in the middle of the sq that's what made it so gripping but now it appears as though he was just part of a crowd, its all wrong. Regarding Mandela I remember something but would have to decline about commenting about that as totally unsure and the same goes for Ali I don't know about that. The tank think I know, and Vera Lyne I know, Yvonne Fletcher I know' so if she appears alive she died also killed by and Iranian who was allowed to leave the country under diplomatic immunity.

edit on 16-6-2016 by pavmas because: wireless keyboard make mistakes

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Again, if you're interested page 169 onward in the thread mentioned in my last post here.
You should get a handle on the full account before making your mind up...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

When I said the tank driver just drove on, he did stop for about 10 seconds when the tank was on top of the guy and we thought he would get out and help then he drove on, so he must have been ordered just to drive then they all carried on avoiding the corpse.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas

Well I live in the Uk so don't know much about the bear thing or those hoops and have not watched star wars but I have got what you call a photographic memory. I use my mind and have won Inventor of the year at the Barbican London, Now that tank guy . I remember the tank going left, then the tank veered right and the guy went right it was like cat and mouse. The driver did this jamming on the brake a few times then he veered left or right and put the boot down thinking he could speed past the guy and the guy got caught in the tracks and the driver just drove on we were all shocked that he could keep on driving over the guy. Then the tanks behind him drove on veering left or right to avoid the body' he was dead and crushed I remember thinking not much blood for someone being flattened. Then the UK went into hyper as we were having to hand back Hong Long, Prince Charles wanted to keep it but Maggie Thatcher said immigrant could come that had £1 million which cause an up roar as many people said bring them all over, this was serious stuff and we could have went to war with China over this. Now I see a youtube video and the guy is climbing on the tank, this guy would have been shot if he tried this China did not put up with any dissent, then we see peopl come and take him a way, he was there himself in the middle of the sq thats what made it so gripping but now it appears as though he was just part of a crowd, its all wrong. Regarding Madela I remeber something but would have to decline about commenting about that as totally unsure and the same goes for Ali I don't know about that. The tank think I know, and Vera LKynee I know, Yvonne Fletcher I know' so if she appears alive she died also killed by and Iranian who was allowed to leave the country under diplomatic immunity.

OK so either you don't have the photographic memory you think you do and as everyone you are getting older and the machinery starts having glitches (believe me that's a very mild glitch to remember something wrong), either you and a bunch of people (why only a few? why no one on mainstream media talks about it ? it's a mystery) have somehow jumped from one timeline to another while retaining your memory.

What's the most likely?

My exposure to people getting older and very slowly and gradually losing their memory and faculty, up to the point of calling me with the name of my cousin or seeing people next to me when there was no one, all of this (plus personal experiences) gives ME the impression it's more likely that your brain and mine isn't as reliable as you think it is.

It's a grave mistake to imagine your brain can never deceive you. A very serious mistake if you are a searcher of truth.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Another thing it could be is a new weapon, we know they have microwave weapons so what if they have weapons that alter brainwaves which is more feet on the ground stuff than shifting reality.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Another thing it could be is a new weapon, we know they have microwave weapons so what if they have weapons that alter brainwaves which is more feet on the ground stuff than shifting reality.

There we go. The mind rays...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Also some Americans aren't particularly famous for their knowledge of geography ;p

Trump recently claimed that my country was a great city

Watch this video, especially the map parts (and please ignore the wide brushing video title):

Were these people victim of the Mandela effect? Or were they simply, sorry for the political incorrectness, uneducated?

You make an awful amount of assumptions.
I'm not American and, incidentally, I have a GCSE in geography. I admit, that certainly doesn't make me an expert, but it certainly means I'm educated on the subject.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm not American and, incidentally, I have a GCSE in geography. I admit, that certainly doesn't make me an expert, but it certainly means I'm educated on the subject.

The video was more to illustrate how easily we (as humans) can be mislead into misplacing countries.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Fair enough I'm 55 and I agree with that but Vera Lyne dying aged 96 just 36 months ago when my Granddaughter was 15 and she remembers it like it was yesterday and the fact that we were playing her song because she died and my wife saying you will raise her from the dead if you keep playing that song, we all laughed and can remember it, 36 months ago. Another thing
when someone dies aged 96 or late 90s the first thing we say pity she never lived to get her letter from the queen. its so clear in our minds.
edit on 16-6-2016 by pavmas because: l

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No I'm just saying that their could be a reason for people having different accounts and memories, could be wi fi thats causing it for all i know, but it is real so you have to look at everything and knowing they have weapons that act as microwaves and can cook your insides it is reasonable to think they may have one that confuses memory.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Fair enough I'm 55 and I agree with that but Vera Lynee dying aged 96 just 36 months ago when my Granddaughter was 15 and she remembers it like it was yesterday and the fact that we were playing her song because she died and my wife saying you will raise her from the dead if you keep playing that song, we all laughed and can remember it, 36 months ago. Another think when someone dies aged 96 or late 90s the first thing we say pity she never lived to get her letter from the queen. its so clear in our minds.

Like I said, your story is interesting, unlike the bearenstain or misplaced countries ones.

I can't dig deeper from behind my computer screen. I sincerely keep an open mind about these things and you are one of the first ones to offer an interesting testimony with different people involved about something that's not already all over the net .

I don't pretend to be an authority on the subject, I just share my perspective like you do, and you are the first one to share something that genuinely piques my interest. But it's not sufficient for me to change my opinion so far, I hope you understand.

Thank you for your sincerity and for sharing this with me.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The video was more to illustrate how easily we (as humans) can be mislead into misplacing countries.

I was more referring to what you wrote, not the video.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Unless I'm wrong, the mandela effect theory and most of these testimonies originated from American conspiracy boards and blogs and American conspiracy videos.

But I'm OK to be proven wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

But you don't have a GCSE in psychology. More applicable to the subject in hand.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Mandela Effect: Why Can't It Be Faulty Memory?

Because they'll have to admit they're wrong. Which means they're simply human and imperfect.
edit on 1662016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Unless I'm wrong, the mandela effect theory and most of these testimonies originated from American conspiracy boards and blogs and American conspiracy videos.

But I'm OK to be proven wrong.

I know of testimonies that neither came from America or the Internet.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join