It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The peaceful left is busing in protesters to today's Trump rally in Dallas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Some would call the things he says "hard truths." Others would refer to them as an opportunistic way to make hate-mongering fashionable.

And, no, rest assured Republicans didn't vote him in as their nominee. Trump supporters did. He just happened (most unfortunately) to run on the GOP ticket. There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I think I lay more on the hard truth side, rather than hate mongering.
There is a lot of hate out there, on almost every issue.
Speaking hard truths that may offend some people, tend to bring out that hate. The way I see it, most of the hate is directed at him, not coming from him.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Gryphon66

Who said they would open fire on peaceful protestors?

Not me. Check the folks that said it. Be sure to note that they aren't making any fine distinctions as you are attempting to.

If protestors turn violent, the DPD and Texas citizens are quite prepared to defend themselves, more so than people in California is all is being stated.

Right, because Texas citizens are all superior fighters and marksmen and not lily-livered cowards like the rest of the country, eh? LOL. As I said, you sound like you're promoting a Western.

If someone was in fear of their life, and people had them cornered in their vehicle and were smashing windows ad trying to enter, in Texas one would be within their rights to defend themselves with deadly force if they felt their life was in danger.

If, if, if ...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

On the contrary, the vast majority of his sound bites (which are the ones that seem to resonate most) are tinged with some form of malice or hate.

What's directed at Trump is criticism which is deflected as hate. He can't handle even the mildest forms of criticism, which is why the Washington Post is now sitting on the sidelines. Now that's a disgrace.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That goes back to my original point, that (some of)those soundbites, to some people, sound hateful. To others, they are things that should have been said a long time ago.
As for the hate he gets, being accused of being racist, or the other utterly hate filled insults and accusations towards him, are not criticisms.
The washington post is sitting on the sidelines for that very thing.
An accusation, used in a headline.
They claimed that he suggested Obama was involved with Orlando shooting. Accusing him of accusing Obama, which was a lie. Even they knew it, that's why they changed the headline.
The hate going at him is far worse than any hate coming from him.
Lies, misquotes, insults, false accusations, screaming mobs of people throwing food (and punches) at people.
The list goes on.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
a reply to: LSU0408

Oh, I'm not missing your point by a long shot.

The problem is you and others are more than happy to turn a blind eye to Trump's many faults and are dismissive of any form of criticism that happens to go his way.

You have even stated that we shouldn't blame Trump for the things that he says, as if inciting violence is something easily excusable. The truth is that much of what he says is inexcusable. That's the bottom line.

It's so conveniently easy to blame the Democrats.
It's even easier to blame the so-called liberal, left-winged media.
They're easy scapegoats to cling onto.

The fact remains there is a huge anti-Trump sentiment within the Republican Party. And, this contingent of the GOP are not so willing to overlook his flaws and hold him personably accountable for the things he says.

So the Anybody-but-Trump crowd are busing in a few protesters. My bet is that those protesters are motley-mixed bunch that span the spectrum from Left to Right.

First of all, I said you can't blame Trump if protesters come in and attack Trump supporters who are minding their business. I never said you can't blame him for what he says.

You're right about blaming protesters, or democrats as you say. It's easy because they march their angry asses in there and rile each other up and start getting violent towards Trump supporters. And you still can't place blame on them for their actions.

There's not a huge anti-Trump sentiment within the GOP. There are idiots like Lindsey Graham that have despised Trump from the start, and a few like him, but all the rest have rallied behind Trump. Sure some are afraid that his mouth might cost him the election, but I'd rather see an honest man in there than a lying nag like Hillary that acts like she's not a racist from back in the day, one that wants to bring black youth to heel. One that has made it known that she was for a border wall before it was politically incorrect, and one that was against gay marriage before it, too, was politically incorrect.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

People aren't saying it's not ok. People are saying that you need to blame the ones starting it, not a 7 or 8 month old speech that hasn't been said again. And furthermore, don't bitch about it when you come to start trouble and get your ass handed to you. And don't blame Trump for that either. Chalk it up to defending yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Some would call the things he says 'hard truths'
On representing the GOP, the funny thing is, I don't think he subscribes to one side of the isle or the other, exclusively.
Yet, republican voters put him in the spot he is in.

Preposterous!!! 79% of Republicans don't like him! How could they elect him? Furthermore, how could he win by more votes than the any other GOP nominee in the modern era?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

This is seriously messed up. Everything is so negative, all approaches are negative. Rather than increase the popularity of their candidate, they try to destroy all other candidates. When I was a little s##t and didn't know any better, I'd take the wrong approach as well. Then a teacher used some old saying, "you can't make your candle burn brighter by blowing out someone else's candle." It stuck with me and I learned to do things different.

WTF is wrong with these protestors and their handlers? I learned that lesson in grade 5.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And some would refer to them as an opportunistic way to twist his words into hate-mongering statements. Like TOPCAT, I appreciate the truth he brings. A wall, getting the bad illegals out of here, stopping people from Middle East terror regions until we get a hold on ISIS, reform the ACA, etc. I don't see it as hate, I see it as wanting what's best for my family.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm speaking to the fact that we are allowed to conceal carry and open carry here for example.

Don't forget isis inspired folks tried to take out that draw muhammad contest and they were both killed by a Garland police officer with headshots from his Glock while he was under fire.

Agree with you on the hypothetical being such, but was just clarifying that it wasn't a discussion of 'shooting innocent unarmed protestors'...
edit on 16-6-2016 by SonOfThor because: spelling

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

How do you feel about Hillary Clinton thinking Republicans are her worst enemy? She preaches hate on a daily basis about Republicans. She can't have one single speech without saying something negative about Republicans. Do you not complain about her hate speech because it's against Republicans?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Not quite sure where you pulled the 79% thing from. It's certainly not anything I posted.

Yes, he is currently the presumptive GOP nominee, but he does not have the staunch support of the party. It's fractured to the point of near disintegration. I have never seen so many Republicans cringe every time they're asked to comment on Trump's latest remarks of the day. It's honestly hard to watch.

If Trump were to run as an independent as he's threatened to do just these past few days, guess what? Trump supporters will then self-identify as independents, which is what they have been all along.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Been wondering that for a while... The anti-Trump crowd always went after Trump, but Trump supporters never went after Clinton, Sanders, Cruz, or Kasich.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Misquote on my part... It was 71% disapproval, supposedly. I just don't buy it.

I'm a Conservative, I was before Trump came, I will be while Trump runs with my full support, and will continue to be if he ever ran as an Independent. My support for Trump isn't because of his party affiliation. I thought (D) Jim Webb would have made a great VP for him. Still can.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It's all good.

I'm a left-leaning moderate. Kasich was my man.

Different strokes for different folks.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

How do you feel about Hillary Clinton thinking Republicans are her worst enemy? She preaches hate on a daily basis about Republicans. She can't have one single speech without saying something negative about Republicans. Do you not complain about her hate speech because it's against Republicans?

How about all the times Obama and the Democrats have compared Republicans to terrorists, suicide bombers, and "hostage takers".

Naaaa, not hate at all.
edit on 16-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Mehh I work 10 min. from the rally, gona run over there after work. I will take plenty of pictures and hope everyone plays nice, have my doubts, but if they have any sense at all they will avoid rioting in Dallas, good way to get shot for punching the wrong person with a gun.

Ticket Photo
edit on 16-6-2016 by sycomix because: Added link to ticket photo

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Texans carry guns. Perhaps a lot of folks will head that way, not for the rally itself, but just to be there. This could go very badly.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Dallas held a mock protest in which the police were in riot gear and moving against protesters throwing things at them. I think we are prepared.

We also have open carry law here. We're not putting up with sh $t, I can tell you that!

Message to Dallas - Remember the Alamo!!

Stay safe, eh?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join