It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The peaceful left is busing in protesters to today's Trump rally in Dallas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: texasgirl

Dallas held a mock protest in which the police were in riot gear and moving against protesters throwing things at them. I think we are prepared.

We also have open carry law here. We're not putting up with sh $t, I can tell you that!

what makes you think that people on the left wouldn't be "carrying" also...what you really want is an old fashioned shoot-out, you people would drool if that happened. by the way, you WILL put up with "$t", just like the left has had to put up with yours. if not, you will be put in prison or shot by police.

Touched a nerve, huh? I'm just stating the truth.

you just threatened to shoot and murder protesters. and you confirmed it by saying "I'm just stating the truth"....
and YOU ask ME, if it touched a nerve?...

Okay, I'll rephrase it. Because police have practiced in preparation for a possible riot and supporters are allowed to show up protected we Texans will keep things in order. No shooting.

Feel better now?

oooooh.....good come back, you really put me in my place. thank you so, so, so, much, yes, oh yes, I feel much better.

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
God forbid someone use their right to protest. I'm starting to think Trump is against freedom of speech if it's not what he agrees with.

Of course Trump is against freedom of speech.

He explicitly stated that regarding his comments on "closing up the Internet."

This will be swept under the rug as "something he said in the past," (LOL), but Trumps words, not mine:

"You're gonna have people who say, Oh! Freedom of speech! Freedom of speech! These are foolish people. Do not listen to them."

And now Trump is also against the 2nd amendment. Conservatives have been slamming away on their keyboards for years now regarding how "THER COMN 4 MAH GUNZ," and it was always a "left," thing.

Now that Trump has jumped on board his cult has collectively defended him.... it's absolute lunacy.

Trump attracts authoritarians. Small-government? LOL. Dude supported the invasion of Libya (remember that damned YouTube video?), he doesn't believe in freedom of speech, and he doesn't want certain people to own firearms.

And Republicans are eating him up. It's sad, really.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

I agree. That said the same people opposing him shouldn't have to put up with violence.

Why not though? These protesters are regularly instigating violence. That is what they want. How many times per month do we have to see it come up in the news that more left wing protesters violently assault innocent civilians? They don't even protest Trump, they just show up to try and find an excuse to hurt people.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Any violence is unnecessary.

You are missing the irony, here.

Trump has actively advocated for violence at his rallies, even offering to pick up any legal fees that may result along the way. But of course, only for those who initiate violence on his behalf.

It really doesn't matter if Trump said these things last year or even yesterday. The fact remains that he has said them multiple times. By doing so, he set the standard and the expectations at his rallies.

Trump in a nutshell: Do as I say. Not as I do.

It absolutely amazes me at the double standards that come into play. Trump supporters can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: jimmyx

A little over dramatic.

I ask you for the "quote" by Hillary, I didn't know asking for verification was considered "dramatic"

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

God forbid someone use their right to protest. I'm starting to think Trump is against freedom of speech if it's not what he agrees with.

Of course Trump is against freedom of speech.

He explicitly stated that regarding his comments on "closing up the Internet."

This will be swept under the rug as "something he said in the past," (LOL), but Trumps words, not mine:

"You're gonna have people who say, Oh! Freedom of speech! Freedom of speech! These are foolish people. Do not listen to them."

And now Trump is also against the 2nd amendment. Conservatives have been slamming away on their keyboards for years now regarding how "THER COMN 4 MAH GUNZ," and it was always a "left," thing.

Now that Trump has jumped on board his cult has collectively defended him.... it's absolute lunacy.

Trump attracts authoritarians. Small-government? LOL. Dude supported the invasion of Libya (remember that damned YouTube video?), he doesn't believe in freedom of speech, and he doesn't want certain people to own firearms.

And Republicans are eating him up. It's sad, really.

Ooooh, caught that jab... Trump wanted to stop the flow of internet activity from ISIS controlled regions as an attempt to decrease online recruitment. I guess online recruitment can't really happen, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Again for the eighth time, they have a right to protest............PEACEFULLY.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Ok, perhaps you're missing my point.

If these people are bused in, and they attack Trump supporters who are minding their own business, will you still blame Trump?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The only problem is, that they are not upset or angry about what he said.
They are angry at what everyone thinks he said.
The media on the left and in some cases, the right have spun a beautiful little little web of out of context and half-quotes that the public loves to eat up and regurgitate to their friends and family. That's why it's always the same hate speech coming from them.
"he's a bigot, he's a racist, he's a misogynist, ect., ect."

So when he says Mexico is sending us murderers, rapist, drug dealers.. then says in the next sentence that not all of them are like that and a lot of them are good people..
all people will hear across the news is the first part.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I brought my fan, am I too late?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

And most do... too many ATSers lately cannot seem to understand that a few doesn't define the whole.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Trump never said to use violence against anyone anti-Trump.
BUT, if a disrupter entered his private rally, then they needed to be removed, now it's the Police's job to beat them up.
Disrupters do not have the authority to shut down other people's free speech. If I were there, they would find my boot up their ass.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I brought my fan, am I too late?

Yes this thread is in smolders...
Betting you could get the flames of anger flared up again with the proper application of some hot air...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Oh, I'm not missing your point by a long shot.

The problem is you and others are more than happy to turn a blind eye to Trump's many faults and are dismissive of any form of criticism that happens to go his way.

You have even stated that we shouldn't blame Trump for the things that he says, as if inciting violence is something easily excusable. The truth is that much of what he says is inexcusable. That's the bottom line.

It's so conveniently easy to blame the Democrats.
It's even easier to blame the so-called liberal, left-winged media.
They're easy scapegoats to cling onto.

The fact remains there is a huge anti-Trump sentiment within the Republican Party. And, this contingent of the GOP are not so willing to overlook his flaws and hold him personably accountable for the things he says.

So the Anybody-but-Trump crowd are busing in a few protesters. My bet is that those protesters are motley-mixed bunch that span the spectrum from Left to Right.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The man's entire platform is built upon a flimsy foundation of racist, misogynist and utterly moronic sound bites. He makes broad, stereotypical statements then tries to justify them by tacking on "but some of them are good people" at the end to somehow make the overt hate more palatable.

That's just not acceptable.

The GOP deserves to be represented by someone more worthy.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Again for the eighth time, they have a right to protest............PEACEFULLY.

Well that was the first time you told me but ok. Trump pushed violence at the beginning of his run for president. Now that the protesters have stepped up to the challenge and fighting back its not ok? Typical Trump mindset right there.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Ok, so you'd think that the same protesters who are against Trump and the few instances of violence at his rallys by Trump supporters would want to show they're better. Instead they're stooping to his level and are many times more violent than what took place at his earlier rallys. So in effect, they're no better, and somewhat worse than the very thing they hate abour Trump.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Some would call the things he says 'hard truths'
On representing the GOP, the funny thing is, I don't think he subscribes to one side of the isle or the other, exclusively.
Yet, republican voters put him in the spot he is in.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: amicktd

Ok, so you'd think that the same protesters who are against Trump and the few instances of violence at his rallys by Trump supporters would want to show they're better. Instead they're stooping to his level and are many times more violent than what took place at his earlier rallys. So in effect, they're no better, and somewhat worse than the very thing they hate abour Trump.

Does it matter? He called for violence and now it looks as if he's getting it. I don't have a dog in this fight, just speaking the truth which is rarely done around these parts lately.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Who said they would open fire on peaceful protestors?

If protestors turn violent, the DPD and Texas citizens are quite prepared to defend themselves, more so than people in California is all is being stated.

If someone was in fear of their life, and people had them cornered in their vehicle and were smashing windows ad trying to enter, in Texas one would be within their rights to defend themselves with deadly force if they felt their life was in danger.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join