It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK MP Shot And Stabbed

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

I am even more convinced this was an an assassination carried out by factions within the EU organisation. This killer stated his name in court as 'death to traitors''. Scripted from start to finish. This is what happens when the fascists running Europe get desperate.

The only desperate thing i see is your clutching at straws here mate.

I am not your mate and I will retain my view that Euro fascists had this woman murdered in a desperate attempt to rescue what was a losing cause. If you dont like my view... tough

I thought you were from the UK. You know, people say the word mate here a lot right?

You mean some people say it a lot and it's quite a regional thing too. I find it's said more in the less educated areas of the UK.

You can cut that bollox out....mate.

I'll ask for you advice on what I say and do if I require it. Thanks for your suggestion though. On this occasion, I'll reject it.

It wasn't advice. It was me telling you in a humorous way that your aspersions about the sort of people who use the word mate were well wide of the mark.

I wouldn't expect a "toaster" to get human comedy anyway.

Comedy? Oh ok. I take it that is the kind of comedy that works in poorly educated circles

No, in yer mum's bedroom.

My mother would not have found that kind of humour to be amusing either. She was very well educated.

I'm gonna stop now, because your mum has enough to put up with already, without me making her a figure of fun. I am sure she is a very nice lady.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I am even more convinced this was an an assassination carried out by factions within the EU organisation. This killer stated his name in court as 'death to traitors''. Scripted from start to finish. This is what happens when the fascists running Europe get desperate.

I am not your mate and I will retain my view that Euro fascists had this woman murdered in a desperate attempt to rescue what was a losing cause. If you dont like my view... tough

I thought you were from the UK. You know, people say the word mate here a lot right?

You mean some people say it a lot and it's quite a regional thing too. I find it's said more in the less educated areas of the UK.

I'll ask for you advice on what I say and do if I require it. Thanks for your suggestion though. On this occasion, I'll reject it.

It wasn't advice. It was me telling you in a humorous way that your aspersions about the sort of people who use the word mate were well wide of the mark.

Comedy? Oh ok. I take it that is the kind of comedy that works in poorly educated circles

My mother would not have found that kind of humour to be amusing either. She was very well educated.

I'm gonna stop now, because your mum has enough to put up with already, without me making her a figure of fun. I am sure she is a very nice lady.

Thanks. I wasn't really enjoying your humour. I find the low education comedy quite tiring.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Thanks. I wasn't really enjoying your humour. I find the low education comedy quite tiring.

Judge ye not lest you be judged yourself bucko....or something like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
a reply to: UKTruth

The vid you post has one significant problem. The UK has a much lower threshold in what it considers a 'violent crime'.

US stats only count a very limited range of offences within their stats. Many crimes which would be considered violent in the UK are not included in the US numbers. In the UK any time physical force is used, regardless if injury, it is logged as a violent crime and goes into the stats as a violent crime.

This is where the whole 'the UK is more violent than the US' argument comes from. Until like for like comparisons are made the argument is fundamentally flawed.

The murder rate in the UK (forget the violent crime with is far far higher in the UK) is 1.3 per 100k people. In the US it is 4.6. However, as the person in the video pointed out, the US has 6 times the number of population dense areas (250k or more people in a city/town area). Murder is significantly clustered around densely populated and poorer areas, regardless of the country. His argument is that guns are not the issue. It's population density and poverty that are more correlated to murder rates. Seems logical and is also supported by the numbers.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

My point is that he uses UK Home Office vs US FBI statistics for violent crime, but the definitions are different.

The FBI only regards 4 offences as violent crimes;

Murder/nonnegligant manslaughter
Forcible rape
Robbery
Aggravated assault.

Source

However the UK Home Office defines violent crime as;

"Violent crime contains a wide range of offences, from minor assaults such as pushing and shoving that result in no physical harm through to serious incidents of wounding and murder. Around a half of violent incidents identified by both BCS and police statistics involve no injury to the victim. "

While I agree with his point about firearms not being the cause, he still uses a flawed logic when comparing the 2 countries levels of violent crime to make his point. Most crimes included in the UK statistics would not be included in the FBI stats.

Until a study of UK levels which only include the 4 offences stated in the FBI definition is compiled (or a US study including the huge number of offences in the HO definition) it cannot be stated that one country is more or less violent than the other.
edit on 26 6 2016 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Places with the most control over guns also have the higher rates of crime, including GUN crime. It's just a fact.

No its not a fact.

Our murder rate is a fraction of the USA.

And gun crime is next to non existent.

This shooting is a extremely rare occurrence. I live in a town of 250,000 and in the last ten years we have had 3 gun related murders. And i live in a high crime area of the UK.

As another poster said US gun laws wont nessarly work here and vice versa and cultures are diffrent, not everyone views guns in the same way.

Get over it. The UK doesn't want to worship guns any more than the USA wants to give them up.

Gun crime, perhaps, but not crime overall.

Crime Rate Lower in United States, Canada Than in Britain

I agree, though, that, in general, laws won't work the same way everywhere. That said, some means of self defense seems to be a good plan. Just read about a case of a mother who shot an intruder she encountered when returning home with her two small children. What defense would she have had against a man, had she been unarmed?

The murder rate is higher over here, about 18 times as much, I believe. How much of that is gang-related, I don't know, though. Hard to get separate stats on that one.

At any rate, nice to see that Great Britain can make her own decisions, without the pressure from the EU.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Nicely put. :-)

All any of us can aspire to is to rule ourselves with the minimum of interference from the state.
I get the dangers in allowing manipulation of events in order to alter long standing rights.
Jo Cox was part of the labour party, pro EU. I would have found myself in opposition to much of what She stood for, but the people she represented had only good things to say about how hard she worked for them. Something that can't be said for every MP.

Always seems to be the ones people like, doesn't it? I wouldn't, then, have supported her position, because I applaud Great Britain for leaving the EU, but she had a right to her opinions. This sort of thing helps no one.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf

My point is that he uses UK Home Office vs US FBI statistics for violent crime, but the definitions are different.

The FBI only regards 4 offences as violent crimes;

Murder/nonnegligant manslaughter
Forcible rape
Robbery
Aggravated assault.

Source

However the UK Home Office defines violent crime as;

"Violent crime contains a wide range of offences, from minor assaults such as pushing and shoving that result in no physical harm through to serious incidents of wounding and murder. Around a half of violent incidents identified by both BCS and police statistics involve no injury to the victim. "

While I agree with his point about firearms not being the cause, he still uses a flawed logic when comparing the 2 countries levels of violent crime to make his point. Most crimes included in the UK statistics would not be included in the FBI stats.

Until a study of UK levels which only include the 4 offences stated in the FBI definition is compiled (or a US study including the huge number of offences in the HO definition) it cannot be stated that one country is more or less violent than the other.

Ignore the violent crime rate and look at the murder rate and the two factors mentioned.
The murder rate is 3.5 times higher in the US (which in itself is much closer than the stupid comparison made on gun deaths - killed by knife, poison, gun, fire, etc. is all the same to the victim and their families). Then factor in that the US has 6 times the number of high population urban areas where most murders occur.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I've just been reading about how 'bubbly' and full of energy she was. I immediately suspect heavy coc aine use. Cocaine users are often extremely popular due to their fast thinking and cheerful behaviour. But it does lead to seriously delusional thinking.

She was typical of the small percentage of British women who ignore terrible crimes against children in their own area while eagerly showing concern for others further away. If those others are really in difficulty then concern is valid, but we often see a totally manufactured show of victimhood used to manipulate public opinion.

She ignored local cases like this. www.batleynews.co.uk...

After the verdicts senior investigating officer Detective Chief inspector Nicola Bryar, of West Yorkshire Police, said: “This was the largest and longest running investigation into child sexual exploitation in Calderdale.

She and her husband appeared to be aspiring global leaders.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

I've just been reading about how 'bubbly' and full of energy she was. I immediately suspect heavy coc aine use. Cocaine users are often extremely popular due to their fast thinking and cheerful behaviour. But it does lead to seriously delusional thinking.

She was typical of the small percentage of British women who ignore terrible crimes against children in their own area while eagerly showing concern for others further away. If those others are really in difficulty then concern is valid, but we often see a totally manufactured show of victimhood used to manipulate public opinion.

She ignored local cases like this. www.batleynews.co.uk...

After the verdicts senior investigating officer Detective Chief inspector Nicola Bryar, of West Yorkshire Police, said: “This was the largest and longest running investigation into child sexual exploitation in Calderdale.

She and her husband appeared to be aspiring global leaders.

Now that is interesting......

Any news yet on the motivations of her killer? Haven't been keeping up the past few days.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The alleged killer is a mentally ill loner. Friendly but doesn't seek friendship. Medicated and treated for his state of mind. Never had a job. Did voluntary work for therapy. Lived with his grandmother for twenty years then on his own for twenty years. Had allegedly subscribed to some wacky far right publications.

From my own experience of mentally ill people I can't see any point in pinning a particular motivation on him, since the thought processes he went through to reach that motivation were obviously not balanced.

In my opinion he was most likely a manchurian candidate, triggered by his handlers to act. He was known to take walks at odd times of day and may easily have met up with a programmer without anyone being aware.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

The alleged killer is a mentally ill loner. Friendly but doesn't seek friendship. Medicated and treated for his state of mind. Never had a job. Did voluntary work for therapy. Lived with his grandmother for twenty years then on his own for twenty years. Had allegedly subscribed to some wacky far right publications.

From my own experience of mentally ill people I can't see any point in pinning a particular motivation on him, since the thought processes he went through to reach that motivation were obviously not balanced.

In my opinion he was most likely a manchurian candidate, triggered by his handlers to act. He was known to take walks at odd times of day and may easily have met up with a programmer without anyone being aware.

Given that description, I agree; likely a Manchurian type. No reason, no motive, and no way to prove anything. You'd think people would start to wise up to that sort of thing! Been reading, again, a lot on another case wherein the shooter had claimed mental issues. All sorts of info out there on that case, that I hadn't seen right after it happened. Thanks for the data!!

<< 11  12  13   >>

join