It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Vet's Quick Actions Saved Dozens of Lives During Orlando Nightclub Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Your understanding is pretty flawed then. The "waiting for hours" was between the initial shooting and SWAT breaching, and that was when the shooter told everybody he had explosives.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

And was anything done between the initial shooting and the SWAT breach to enter and subdue the shooter? Or was he free to walk about randomly killing and "re-killing" his victims?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In what kind of civilized society does everyone walk around armed with deadly weapons all the time?

That doesn't sound like a very advanced or civil society to me, it sounds like a step backwards into barbarism.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

He was in a bathroom with hostages and on the phone with negotiators and at least one news station.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wrong... on multiple levels. I spent some time to collect a bit more of a cohesive timeline of the events. It includes CNN timeline combined with one of the victims text messages to his mother.

Below is the timeline:

Sunday, 2:02 a.m. ET:
- Shooting erupts at Pulse, a gay nightclub in the heart of Orlando.
- An officer working extra duty in full uniform at the club responds. He and two officers nearby open fire on the shooter, and a gunbattle ensues.
The shooter goes inside the club, where a hostage situation develops.
Some 100 officers from the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the Orlando Police Department respond to the chaotic scene.

2:09 a.m. ET:
- Pulse posts an urgent message on Facebook: "Everyone get out of Pulse and keep running."
- A tense standoff follows. Police say they had to wait three hours to access the situation, get armored vehicles on the scene and make sure they had enough personnel.

*** 3 hour gap where victims send txt messages about what is going on inside ***
One Example:
2:39 a.m. ET:
- Victim trapped in bathroom texting mother shooter was coming.

2:46 a.m. ET:
- Victim trapped in bathroom texting mother shooter is coming to get us. Says they need to come in and help them (meaning police).

2:50 a.m. ET:
- Victim trapped in bathroom texting shooter is in the bathroom with them.
- Victim is shot to death trapped in the bathroom.

So, during this waiting time by the police outside, the shooter is actively moving around the club and easily shooting and killing everyone he sees. Again, when minutes counted, the police were hours away (but only yards from the victims).

Approximately 5 a.m. ET:
- Heavily armed SWAT team members use an armored vehicle to smash down a door at the club, clearing the way for some 30 people inside to flee to safety.
SWAT officers confront the suspect in the doorway, shoot and kill him.

Link to full article

When did this negotiations start in this timeline? Because I doubt he was negotiating with police while killing people in the bathroom for those 3 hours. Him shooting victims is not a "hostage situation developing" it is a massacre.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Kali74

Thats good but this incident is surrounded by the usual oddities and inconsistencies.

Maybe some of these questions have been addressed but I'll post them anyway:

The father was apparently a DC insider and a possible CIA asset.

The shooter was assigned informants or "handlers" by the FBI.

Why did the police allow the rampage to continue for 3 hours uninterrupted?

Where are the 50 bodies (or some images of them)?

Where were the tons and tons of ambulances, EMTs and first responders?

Why didnt people call 911 for help instead of posting on twitter and facebook?

Where are the pictures and videos from inside the club?

How many of the "victims" were shot by police?

Why were exits locked in the first place?

The only logical explanation it must have been a false flag. Because this happens so often people have lots of time to take pictures and videos.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Aw. You asked a loaded question, that's cute.

You do realize there were multiple bathrooms in there, correct?

Also, you left out the part about how he called 911 at 2:22. I can only imagine why you elected to edit that portion of the CNN timeline. I'm sure it's completely coincidental right? Nothing to do with explosives being mentioned then or anything, I'm sure.

He was either in or near the bathrooms for several minutes while those text messages were being sent. After the initial gun battle he retreated to the bathrooms. The initial gun battle took place after he had already started shooting. He had hostages within minutes of being engaged by the first three officers. And one witness has already said the shooter was executing people before he was ever engaged by law enforcement. And once engaged by law enforcement, those cops were dragging people outside in the middle of a gun fight. Another witness states the shooter started executing hostages once SWAT started their breach. In the bathroom. Where he went after the first gunfight.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Aw. You asked a loaded question, that's cute.

You do realize there were multiple bathrooms in there, correct?

Also, you left out the part about how he called 911 at 2:22. I can only imagine why you elected to edit that portion of the CNN timeline. I'm sure it's completely coincidental right? Nothing to do with explosives being mentioned then or anything, I'm sure.

He was either in or near the bathrooms for several minutes while those text messages were being sent. After the initial gun battle he retreated to the bathrooms. The initial gun battle took place after he had already started shooting. He had hostages within minutes of being engaged by the first three officers. And one witness has already said the shooter was executing people before he was ever engaged by law enforcement. And once engaged by law enforcement, those cops were dragging people outside in the middle of a gun fight. Another witness states the shooter started executing hostages once SWAT started their breach. In the bathroom. Where he went after the first gunfight.

The 911 call was well known, that is the only reason I left it out of the timeline. No other reason than that. However, I didn't know he claimed to have explosive in the 911 call. Do you have a source for that? I would like to read it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Good to see this sort of story, for such an event. Fast thinking on his part, and a credit to the training!!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The first reference to suicide bombers and explosives came in that call. There were further references and then explicit threats in subsequent phone calls. It's not a small detail, and omitting it makes it sound as if LE just stood around with their thumb up their collective ass. Which is not the case.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A gay Muslim son of immigrants commits mass murder.

Another gay Muslim son of immigrants is deemed the hero of the hour.

Oh wait, he's not Muslim but Hindu, according to sources. Even though "Imran Yousuf" is certainly a Muslim name and his father's side of the family is definitely Muslim.

Is this in any way important? Maybe, maybe not. Yousef was a Marine veteran of the Afghanistan endless war, so he had that country in common with Mateen.

Here's a video of him crying. No tears though.

www.youtube.com...

OK, we've heard from the bouncer. But whatever happened to that off-duty police guy? I'm still waiting for his excuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join