It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are losing content providers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I am getting serious term and condition warnings for telling a truth that doesn't fit the LGBT narrative meanwhile some psychopath anarchist is plastering hatred all over the UK threads,yes this place picks and chooses the narrative and yes that is forcing people away.

While I can't say I've gotten those warnings, I do feel like I have pick and choose what I will and won't say and when I will say it.

Someone mentioned that English thing ... yeah, sometimes I feel like that's one of the few things that keeps me in the game. I can pick and choose my words. That and I don't generally get angry easy.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You should see my inbox. It would pop your persecution bubble.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

We live in a world where we can sell $130 billion dollars of arms to Saudi Arabia so it can bomb hospitals and schools and set up terrorist organisations and we appoint it the head of UN human rights yet we cant use an expletive for parenthesis or a colloquial expression to describe a minority because its obscene and offensive

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Building bridges is easier than you think. Just dress a little different and go to a bar you've never been, and start talking to people without expressing any of your own political views. Find someone on the other side of the spectrum and smile, nod politely, and listen until they say something you agree with. That is the first rock in your bridge. Do that enough times with enough people, and you can bring the whole debate closer to the middle. For example, did you know pro-choice people actually don't want more abortions? They want LESS abortions, they just think making abortion illegal is the wrong way to go about it. So how can we reduce abortion without making it illegal? Better sex ed? A living wageso a single mother can ssupport herself? Teaching better values, especially to young men so they will also provide support? That's just a few ideas off the top of my head.

If you want to build bridges, do that. If you actually want to fix society you have to realizethat 90% of what we argue about is just fluff designed to keep us all distracted from the real problems. To find the real problems, find a leftist and rightist who are arguing. Find something fundamental that they both agree on, and then question that.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

We live in a world where we can sell $130 billion dollars of arms to Saudi Arabia so it can bomb hospitals and schools and set up terrorist organisations and we appoint it the head of UN human rights yet we cant use an expletive for parenthesis or a colloquial expression to describe a minority because its obscene and offensive

Well put

Carlin was right everything we are taught is backwards....

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
ten years ago to be a "bleeding heart liberal" did not mean that you were Anti west, or that your political positions only spoke about males, or white people, or Christians ( i'm atheist) No, to be a liberal then, meant you were concerned about the social issues at home in such a way that they deserved logic and understanding

This is probably the most accurate statement I've seen on this site in a long time.

When I was younger, 16ish (I'm 32 now), to be "left wing" was intimately linked with protesting the WTO, trying to stop globalization and fighting for causes that were political or economic in nature, it wasn't some culture war where we're all fighting each other instead of fighting "The Man" together.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
a reply to: TechniXcality
I'm personally a bit sick of the political attacks and insults, so I'm attempting to get back to what drew me to ATS originally, the conspiracy and UFO topics.

I'm a lot more skeptical than when I first started here, but there are still items of interest,

I've been thinking the exact same thing lately.

I've been lurking on this site for a long while and I've noticed a radical shift recently, I'm sick of the baiting and intellectual dishonesty that's popping up, I just want to go back to reading about aliens and time travel.

I'll see you in the ufo forums.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've been having some heated discussions with a liberal friend of mine after the Orlando shooting. He is a gay hispanic from the san francisco bay area and Him and several other people I know from there talk nothing but anti-white, anti-american, anti-gun, anti-cis-gendered hate. It's so crazy to hear him call the NRA and republicans racist bigots while screaming curse words and belittling conservatives....do you not see your own hatred and bigotry? geeze
Having any sort of rational discussion about freedom and liberty just does not work (he actually claimed the government grants us our rights, and the government can take them away at will).
My opinions do not matter to him because I am a straight white male...
He said our end is near, and that "they" are finally nearing the top. He claimed the 2nd amendment will be repealed and and even joked about "when they come for you, you can hide in my attic."
He basically proved that they are a bunch of closet fascists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join