It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posts In Progress Saving/Losing Posts!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hello, I wanted to ask if it would ever be possible to save posts while they are still being written(every say 30 seconds) as there have been times where I put work into a post and it was gone in a flash due to the failures of technology and perhaps other times simply pressing the wrong thing. I was thinking of something like in emails the substance is saved every 30 seconds I believe. I know this is true in other forums. Any chance? Just got mad over losing a poem......
edit on 15-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I long ago adopted a habit of using notepad to compose most of my posts.
Easy to copy and paste.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You composed all those poetic posts to me ?

Stunning man!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Thing with that is the lack of a dark background. I know it may not be a major issue, but after looking through ATS for a fair amount of time, I can not go back.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

No.
For you I shoot from the hip.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
ksiezyc

At this point, your best bet would be to follow Phage'd advice. That's what I do as well but usually only when composing an OP or a long-winded reply.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
If failure of technology is an issue and unsaved text on notepad might not even work.

If it is just a glitch on the website, for a poem where you don't copy-paste links in, a ctrl-a ctrl-c would keep your post replaceable.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Do what we do. Compose off site into a word program...and when you like it and finish...cut and paste it into ATS. That way you have it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Personally, I believe the forum needs a major update. The editor lacks options, the formatting is off and it seems customised to the point of being broken.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName
Perhaps one day. Until that day wordpad will have to do....Still upset about the lost work.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Or, instead of composing in notepad or word, I usually compose threads in an email (gmail), since that does auto-save regularly.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

There used to be a program for this kind of thing, I wonder if it’s still around?

Yes, here it is. Maybe you’ll find it useful? pawsoft.pabuk.com...

edit on 1ThursdayThursdayAmerica/Chicago11amThursday4am06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Good point actually.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

Ill check it out, but I think the gmail might be the best.

Thanks for the link.
edit on 16-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I long ago adopted a habit of using notepad to compose most of my posts.
Easy to copy and paste.

Ditto. For long thought out posts, it's infuriating when you've 'lost it all' due to some technical issue. After a few heartfelt longies, I learned my lesson and use notepad. That way, I can get it pretty much perfect IMHO.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
I think a later suggestion in this thread to use gmail may be better as it auto saves once in a while. And with a Gmail account there is Google docs which could be useful.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I suffer from the irreversible condition of verbosity. There is no cure. When I'm on a tear and go beyond two paragraphs, I right-click, highlight and copy. That has saved me more head-banging on the keyboard than I can tell you.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus
I have done that a few times. Not sure why I hadn't this time. I was about to go and press post.....

new topics

top topics

join