It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need Common Sense Abortion Restrictions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Actually, no we don't, but it is that kind of crap that the left is trying to force on our gun rights. There are NO RESTRICTIONS that are acceptable to most supporters of the 2nd Amendment. It is past time for us on the Left, Right or whatever to STOP trying to take the rights of our fellow citizens. And for those of you that think these are two separate issues...they aren't. More deaths are caused by abortion than could possibly EVER be attributed to gun violence.

STOP trying to take the rights away from your fellow citizens. The Authoritarian / Globalists will eventually come for rights you care about and then don't expect my help if you decided MY rights didn't matter. No compromise on Gun Rights.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

But there are already many restrictions on abortion that should be in place for obvious reasons. That includes how they can be paid for.

I'm unsure of your point.

They really are two separate issues.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well just like guns, abortions should be paid by the person who wants one.

Also, there are already many other restrictive laws on gun purchases and gun ownership. My point is we need to be fighting FOR each other and not against each other when it comes to our rights...especially those in the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Do you think that people on the FBI's "Terror Watch List" should be allowed to purchase weapons?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Well just like guns, abortions should be paid by the person who wants one.

Agreed, unless it is covered by insurance policies and the pregnancy poses a high risk to the child or mother.

Also, there are already many other restrictive laws on gun purchases and gun ownership. My point is we need to be fighting FOR each other and not against each other when it comes to our rights...especially those in the Constitution.

Agreed, but there must be some common sense restrictions on whom can own and posses a firearm.

Wouldn't you agree with that? Some people should not be allowed to purchase a firearm.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes.

Until there is a way to get OFF the list and have due process.

Screw the Government.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Yes.

Screw the Government.

What about criminals that have been convicted of crimes that involve firearms?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Agreed, but there must be some common sense restrictions on whom can own and posses a firearm. Wouldn't you agree with that? Some people should not be allowed to purchase a firearm.

Not everyone is going to be competent to decide to have an abortion. They can't have the responsibility of choosing to end a human life. Wouldn't you agree we should deny some people the right to abortion?

(This is for argument comparison purposes and NOT what I actually want or believe)
edit on 2016/6/16 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yes.

Screw the Government.

After they are out of prison they have paid their debt to society they have a right to a firearm as American Citizens or once you commit a crime are you stripped of your rights for life?

link   

Agreed, but there must be some common sense restrictions on whom can own and posses a firearm. Wouldn't you agree with that? Some people should not be allowed to purchase a firearm.

Not everyone is going to be competent to decide to have an abortion. They can't have the responsibility of choosing to end a human life. Wouldn't you agree we should deny some people the right to abortion?

Correct. That is why they work with doctors, mental health professionals and must follow the laws in regards to abortion.

link   

Yes.

Screw the Government.

How does one find out if they're on the FBI's "Watch List"? I don't suppose they send you a letter, telling you so. But, I would imagine that if someone found out they were on the list, they could get a lawyer and petition for relief. I know of people who did that with some success regarding "No Fly" lists.

edit on 15-6-2016 by windword because: ?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yes.

Screw the Government.

After they are out of prison they have paid their debt to society they have a right to a firearm as American Citizens or once you commit a crime are you stripped of your rights for life?

The second amendment is a right we have to protect ourselves from tyrannical government. If a person has been proven that they use that right to strip the rights of others and not protect the public in a way in which it was designed, then they forfeit that right by their own actions.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I don't know how you get on the no fly list.

Probably from exercising your 1st Amendment rights or clerical error or you are Muslim or whatever other reason the Government makes up to deny you your rights. You SHOULD get a letter if that happens to you if we are actually giving people due process (which we aren't).

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yes.

Screw the Government.

The second amendment is a right we have to protect ourselves from tyrannical government. If a person has been proven that they use that right to strip the rights of others and not protect the public in a way in which it was designed, then they forfeit that right by their own actions.

I disagree.

The right to freedom supercedes the right to security.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The 2nd amendment is not about freedom. It's about the right for free men to arm themselves and form militias to defend the people of this country. Using those arms to harm the people of this country is an automatic forfeiture of that right because you have proven to be a liability to the safety of the people of this country.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Regarding guns, no restrictions are warranted until guilt is proven. Innocent until proven guilty seems like a reasonable policy to me.

As far as abortion, no, we shouldn't restrict women's right to abortion. You don't know their personal background or medical history, so why should you be empowered to make such personal decisions for them? How would you like it if unknown women were allowed to make personal decisions for you against your will? Don't like abortion, don't have one.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Do you think that people on the FBI's "Terror Watch List" should be allowed to purchase weapons?

If they are an American citizen or here legally then yes.

If there is no evidence to convict people on those lists then they are not criminals.

The Orlando Killer wasn't on a list so why make a law that is ineffective for the knee jerk public?

Remember he was already off the watch lists. Maybe if he was still on one when he bought the guns they would have been paying more attention to him at the time.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The "right wing" seems to have completely lost their collective minds.

I am reminded of a parent saying:

"No, you can't play with your LEGOs all day, only part of the day, son".

And then? The kids start crying, screaming, flailing around like they're being physically tortured and throwing a tantrum.

Straw-manning everyone to death isn't going to work. The fact that the gun nuts have to resort to such ludicrous argumentation only proves they have no substance or position on which to stand.

Grow up America.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

I don't want to restrict abortion rights.

I simply want us to work together to preserve what rights we have left.

The Government will take what they want from us unless we all start working together. That is the problem with the right-left paradigm. It pits people against each other to the detriment of all of us.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I guess we get that you are a left wing gun grabber that supports taking the rights of American citizens. If wanting to defend my rights from senseless gun grabbers is 'right wing' then label me that...I will be happy to wear the badge of the 'crazy guy' that wants his rights.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join