It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Secretary: Right-Wingers Pose Same Threat As Islamic Extremists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Extremism is a threat, whatever the side. Fanatics are dangerous.

Agreed.

Hate is hate. Just as a knife is a knife...

Some have it worse in life...

It is EASIER to be more violent when you're life sucks more. When you have less to LOOSE.

It's harder to go ape when you have a fairly comfortable existence. Why throw your life away so easily when racist and hateful rhetoric is free and without personal risk?

Especially on the internet...unlike Cheers...not everybody knows your name...

Interesting position. You may be right, however my experience differs.

Only anecdotal of course, but those of us with what seems perhaps less to lose are actually working too hard to survive to be able focus on much else.

Your statement does make sense, though. I'd be interested in seeing data on the subject.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

It was the democratic party that created and supported the KKK

It was the democratic party that tried to stop the civil rights act

It was a democrat that killed Lincoln

It was a jordanian immigrant democrat that killed that Robert F. Kennedy

It was a democrat that killed Dr. Martin luther King

It was a democrat that killed John Lenon

It was a democrat that shot Ronald Reagan (POTUS at the time no less)

It was a democrat liberal that did the Virginia tech shooting

It was a Islamic democrat that killed 50 Gay people a couple of days ago

The Colorado theatre shooting, Democratic progressive liberal , Staff member of the Obama admin.

The FT Hood shooting was a Muslim and registered democrat,progressive liberal

The columbine shooting involved kids raised by and from 2 democratic progressive liberal families

The conneticut schoot shooter was a progressive liberal who hated Christians.

And it was democratic progressive liberal/illegal/immigrants who have been violently abusing trump supporters nationwide.

And that is not all. But those are the worst assassinations and the worst mass shootings that have ever taken place in the U.S and they have all been done by progressive liberal democrats, a party that created and supported the KKK.

now tell me again how afraid we should be of conservatives.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

I know EXACTLY what you mean, mate. I work at a predominantly Muslim owned and staffed company. Most of the Muslims are from Pakistan too, so they are no strangers to the dangerous parts of the world either. I've yet to experience a SINGLE piece of racism directed at me. I've yet to talk to a Muslim who decried the Western establishment and just about every one I've talked to about terrorist attacks disproves of them too.

It's sick and disgusting what people say about the Muslim religion. Especially when much of the nastiness they direct at it can be applied to their own religion of Christianity.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It's not loaded language to describe those groups as they describe themselves. If you want to review a specific example or group that you're referring to, I'll be glad to respond.

No, the link I provided was not a comprehensive source by any means, in fact, now that we've had a few turns of conversation, I see that you're a lot more serious than I had thought. All too often here, I carefully reference detailed sources only to hear "well, that's just an opinion." So, beg pardon on that score; won't happen again.

A "treasonous government." We'll have to agree to disagree. This Administration is far less "treasonous" than the last one.

The problem with your scenario from my perspective is that I'm more concerned about the jackboots coming from the direction of those you see as your line of defense. Said another way "new boss same as the old boss."

Or worse. History suggests worse.

The extremism is a symptom I think. Our problem is authoritarianism. The extrapolation of that problem is that ANYONE who wants to be involved in government is an authoritarian, even if they are a nice, well-meaning authoritarian. However, authority thrives on POWER OVER OTHERS a system which I generally despise because it leads to inequity. My ideal government would be a system of security and infrastructure directly inspired by the Constitution.

I hope that you'll find that my tone is usually measured out in terms of the way others interact with me. I tend to "do unto others as they have done unto me." If you catch me being needlessly terse or rude to you, remind me, LOL; I get caught up in the fight, sometimes.

edit on 17-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I know EXACTLY what you mean, mate. I work at a predominantly Muslim owned and staffed company. Most of the Muslims are from Pakistan too, so they are no strangers to the dangerous parts of the world either. I've yet to experience a SINGLE piece of racism directed at me. I've yet to talk to a Muslim who decried the Western establishment and just about every one I've talked to about terrorist attacks disproves of them too.

It's sick and disgusting what people say about the Muslim religion. Especially when much of the nastiness they direct at it can be applied to their own religion of Christianity.

Agreed.

What amazes me most are the kinds of things people assume about someone knowing only their religion or sexual orientation or race or some such metric.

How much would me telling you I am straight tell you about me as a person? How much would it say if I told you I were an atheist?

To some, maybe these labels speak volumes. To me, they mean nothing on their own. Without having further conversation with someone or perhaps reading/hearing their opinions on things, I could assume absolutely zero additional info about someone based on those things.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I know what you mean. I see it on ATS all the time. Posters will deem to label you with some derogatory slur then proceed to judge the rest of your opinions through that funnel. Even going so far as to put words in your mouth and twist what you've been trying to say and swing you towards their preconceived notions about how they think you should think. We are all guilty of it to certain extents too, but it has severely increased in occurrence over the last year and half.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It's not loaded language to describe those groups as they describe themselves. If you want to review a specific example or group that you're referring to, I'll be glad to respond.

If a particular group comes to mind, you will certainly be one of the first I share my opinions with. Anything I could speak to now would be purely anecdotal and not heavily researched. All I know is I've listened to and read statements from dozens and dozens of these militia types online. In my eyes, they tend to range from rational, non-aggressive defenders of liberty to batcrap loony bigots with a god-complex and a chip on their shoulder.

This just leads me to believe that these militia types run the gamut personality wise, as you see in any group. Whether or not the bulk tend to be on the loony side, I don't know. Perhaps the statistics are out there and my opinion on the matter is certainly malleable when faced with new facts but anyone would be hard pressed to convince me all of these militia types are people we should fear (nor am I implying that this is what you are saying, yourself).

No, the link I provided was not a comprehensive source by any means, in fact, now that we've had a few turns of conversation, I see that you're a lot more serious than I had thought. All too often here, I carefully reference detailed sources only to hear "well, that's just an opinion." So, beg pardon on that score; won't happen again.

No worries at all, totally understandable! I myself don't always dig for the best citations until the people I'm discussing with seem up for an honest chat.

A "treasonous government." We'll have to agree to disagree. This Administration is far less "treasonous" than the last one.

Indeed, agree to disagree but perhaps only to a point. For the most part, I feel we are likely in agreement on this point. I do personally feel this administration is quite treasonous and in different ways than the previous one.

But I definitely could not claim with any certainty that it is worse than the previous. The previous admin was littered with just as many likely criminals in my opinion and they have a massive amount of blood on their hands, American and otherwise.

Let's just say personally I think this administration MIGHT be worse, but I certainly wouldn't place a bet on it.

The problem with your scenario from my perspective is that I'm more concerned about the jackboots coming from the direction of those you see as your line of defense. Said another way "new boss same as the old boss."

Or worse. History suggests worse.

I don't disagree with you at all that those I speak about as possibly being in our defense could turn out to be the same people who put us in chains.

Like I said, I think this issue is very multi-faceted. We can not trust any group or power to protect our rights, not in any absolute sense. We can only protect them for ourselves and for eachother and that starts by having actual rational dialogue and exploring all the options in the gray, because nothing is black and white.

The extremism is a symptom I think. Our problem is authoritarianism. The extrapolation of that problem is that ANYONE who wants to be involved in government is an authoritarian, even if they are a nice, well-meaning authoritarian. However, authority thrives on POWER OVER OTHERS a system which I generally despise because it leads to inequity. My ideal government would be a system of security and infrastructure directly inspired by the Constitution.

Beautifully put, I cannot disagree a single bit. As far as I see it, you nailed it here with this succinct assessment.

I hope that you'll find that my tone is usually measured out in terms of the way others interact with me. I tend to "do unto others as they have done unto me." If you catch me being needlessly terse or rude to you, remind me, LOL; I get caught up in the fight, sometimes.

Absolutely, haha! No worries at all. I definitely notice you getting in the trenches and these discussions can get very heated. I tend to just ignore members that I find are just rude for the sake of being rude. Sometimes I slip up. ^_^

I've lurked around awhile and only posted starting recently but in my short few months posting here, you've been nothing but respectful to me. It has been an absolute delight chatting with you in this thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They are pretty scary I agree. There's a lot of right wing people here who have yet to denounce what happened to that poor woman in England. They also killed a bunch of innocent people in Oklahoma which occurred a few years after the World Trade Center was bombed for similar reasons. They do share near identical philosophies in their hatred for the American government and whoever is apart of it and they both have the capability to carry out their desires. I try to stay away from extreme minded people. They're dangerous and violent.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I will take this "right wing terrorist group" that Obama's divisive arm, Mr. Jeh Charles Johnson, speaks of more seriously, when they start keeping an eye on "left wing terrorist groups" as well.

Point blank, the rhetoric and labels flying out of that administration from day one have been designed toward one goal. The division and alienation of a nation of people that might not agree and be in lock step with every little thing they do. And that is inherently un-American.

An administration that refuses to utter the words "radical muslim extremist terrorism" in relation to attacks by radicalized individuals of the islamic faith on Fort Hood, San Bernardino, and Orlando, cannot, by that same token, come out and hypocritically throw around the term "right wing terrorist group" in relation to Conservatives in this country when it comes to militias or the Bundy Ranch incident without exposing themselves for who they really are ...Through intentionally schismatic and carefully designed rhetoric, the passive oppression of those who disagree with the far left authoritarian agenda of Obama liberals has manifested itself as an extremely transparent roll out of the same social engineering tactics used a number of times throughout history to divide and conquer.

This is not what America is about. We embrace all opinions in this country and our rise to prominence in our 240 years of existence has been inspired by compromise and unity in that vein. Not oppression and snarkiness. Our President, Jeh Johnson, and this administration, as well as a host of other higher ups in our government, would do well to remember that.
edit on 6/17/2016 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I've said on here before, I too worked at a muslim owned and mainly muslim staffed company for 5 years. It was a diverse muslim staff too, Eritreans, Somalians, Egyptians (owners), Sengalis, Yemenis....you name it, they were there at some point as an employee. They never once said to me anything bad about America, or Americans. They NEVER supported terrorists attacks. To me.

However, when they thought I wasn't around...... it was polar opposite. See, they didn't always speak the same language, and English was a common thread. So there were many times they thought no one was listening, and said some pretty shocking things.

Overheard them talking about a girl that worked as the receptionist. American girl, heavy set, but cute. They said "If we were in Senegal, I would have her, and she wouldn't be able to say a thing about it. Insha allah"

At the time of the 2008 election, the day after it was over the VERY FIRST THING I heard that morning was, "Now we have a brother who will be president!" (Not a single one of them didn't think he was muslim, just an fyi, not saying he is or isn't, at this point it's completely irrelevant)

After the Mumbai attacks, I was outside the shop, in the warehouse and overheard them talking about how they wished they could have witnessed it. And laughing, until I walked in the room, they stopped laughing and said "Good morning!"

There were more incidents, but these are the ones I could recall quickly. I'll just say this, they were very careful to not say anything in my presence, and had they all spoke arabic, I would have never overheard a thing and been none the wiser.
edit on 17-6-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
The Bastards are just looking for Excuses to do us all in.
We and I REPEAT WE are not the TERROIST.
Our Federal Government have become the TERROIST.
Take as many Rights as Possible and Piss On The Documents
that have Kept this Country Going.
The Borders are Wide Open.
We Receive all Kinds of Illegals.
Some Good and Some Bad but our Leaders want the Worst to Enter this Country.
Plain and Simple We are the Terrorist to them because we are all that keeps them
LEGAL and Responsible for their Actions.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hmm, no mention of Left-Wing Extremists , this guy is an Idiot .

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

I've said on here before, I too worked at a muslim owned and mainly muslim staffed company for 5 years. It was a diverse muslim staff too, Eritreans, Somalians, Egyptians (owners), Sengalis, Yemenis....you name it, they were there at some point as an employee. They never once said to me anything bad about America, or Americans. They NEVER supported terrorists attacks. To me.

However, when they thought I wasn't around...... it was polar opposite. See, they didn't always speak the same language, and English was a common thread. So there were many times they thought no one was listening, and said some pretty shocking things.

Overheard them talking about a girl that worked as the receptionist. American girl, heavy set, but cute. They said "If we were in Senegal, I would have her, and she wouldn't be able to say a thing about it. Insha allah"

At the time of the 2008 election, the day after it was over the VERY FIRST THING I heard that morning was, "Now we have a brother who will be president!" (Not a single one of them didn't think he was muslim, just an fyi, not saying he is or isn't, at this point it's completely irrelevant)

After the Mumbai attacks, I was outside the shop, in the warehouse and overheard them talking about how they wished they could have witnessed it. And laughing, until I walked in the room, they stopped laughing and said "Good morning!"

There were more incidents, but these are the ones I could recall quickly. I'll just say this, they were very careful to not say anything in my presence, and had they all spoke arabic, I would have never overheard a thing and been none the wiser.

That right there what you just said is the difference between you and someone who is willingly blind to it even when they are walking amidst it, a.k.a A liberal.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: poncho1982

That right there what you just said is the difference between you and someone who is willingly blind to it even when they are walking amidst it, a.k.a A liberal.

See, the thing is, I went into that job completely naive. I didn't think they were anything more than foreign people trying to make a buck.

I was quickly shocked into reality.

I also realized that although these people all came from different regions, they somehow held common beliefs of things not of their religion. Wonder how that happened? Easy.....Cult-like followers, of a cult-like religion.

Honestly, I wish I had never heard them sometimes. Must be nice to walk around in total ignorant bliss.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I would say a certain group of them do. Just look at the Bundy's, OK city bombing, amount of cops killed by sovereign citizen types during traffic stops, abortion clinic bombings, Olympic Park bombing etc. A Google search show that 75 terror attacks where committed in the 80's by right winger and 19 since 9/11 in the US.

EDIT also I want to add that this is nothing new, I remember the FBI saying the same things back when Bush was still president.
edit on 18-6-2016 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: CB328

It was the democratic party that created and supported the KKK

It was the democratic party that tried to stop the civil rights act

It was a democrat that killed Lincoln

It was a jordanian immigrant democrat that killed that Robert F. Kennedy

It was a democrat that killed Dr. Martin luther King

It was a democrat that killed John Lenon

It was a democrat that shot Ronald Reagan (POTUS at the time no less)

It was a democrat liberal that did the Virginia tech shooting

It was a Islamic democrat that killed 50 Gay people a couple of days ago

The Colorado theatre shooting, Democratic progressive liberal , Staff member of the Obama admin.

The FT Hood shooting was a Muslim and registered democrat,progressive liberal

The columbine shooting involved kids raised by and from 2 democratic progressive liberal families

The conneticut schoot shooter was a progressive liberal who hated Christians.

And it was democratic progressive liberal/illegal/immigrants who have been violently abusing trump supporters nationwide.

And that is not all. But those are the worst assassinations and the worst mass shootings that have ever taken place in the U.S and they have all been done by progressive liberal democrats, a party that created and supported the KKK.

now tell me again how afraid we should be of conservatives.

Are you unaware of the party swapping that took place? Liberals went to the D side Conservatives went to the R side. Just like there are RINO there are heavily in the south DINO's as well.

If you really want to play the numbers game here we go

Far right terrorist attacks since 9/11
( note these are not just attacks done by right wing people, but attacks done by right wing people for political/ideological reasons)

2015 Colorado Planned Parenthood Shooting dead 3
2015 Charleston Church Shooting dead 9
2014 Las Vegas Police Ambush dead 3
2014 Kansas Jewish Center Shooting dead 3
2014 Blooming Grove Police Shooting dead 1
2012 Tri-State Killing Spree dead 4
2012 St. John's Parish Police Ambush dead 2
2012 Sikh Temple Shooting dead 6
2011 FEAR Militia dead 3
2010 Carlisle, PA Murder dead 1
2010 Austin, TX Plane Attack dead 1
2009 Pittsburgh Police Shootings dead 3
2009 Holocaust Museum Shooting dead 1
2009 George Tiller Assassination dead 1
2009 Flores Murders, Pima County, AZ dead 2
2009 Brockton, MA Murders dead 2
2008 Knoxville, TN Church Shooting dead 2
2004 Tulsa OK, Bank Robbery dead 1

Seeing you went all the way back to Lincoln ( I am nothing going to back that far, it is pointless) I will go back to the 80's here.

In 1983, Gordon Kahl, a Posse Comitatus activist, killed two federal marshals

1983 the white nationalist revolutionary group The Order (also known as the Brüder Schweigen or Silent Brotherhood) robbed several banks and armored cars, as well as a sex shop, bombed a theater and a synagogue and murdered radio talk show host Alan Berg.

The April 19, 1995 attack on the Murrah federal building in Oklahoma

Eric Rudolph executed a series of terrorist attacks between 1996 and 1998. He carried out 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing — which claimed two lives and injured 111. Rudolph confessed to bombing an abortion clinic in Sandy Springs, an Atlanta suburb, on January 16, 1997; the Otherside Lounge, an Atlanta lesbian bar, on February 21, 1997, injuring five; and an abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama on January 29, 1998, killing Birmingham police officer and part-time clinic security guard Robert Sanderson, and critically injuring nurse Emily Lyons.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

wow... Jesus Christ didn't go around with a sword raiding caravans, beheading male enemies captured, or taking women and children as sex slaves... But Mohammed, the Muslim prophet did all those things and more... Not all Muslims follow Mohammed's words to the letter, but many, many do and their work can be seen all over the world...

Christians go all over the world bringing bibles and other supplies to poor people. What do radical Muslims do?... They murder Christians, and their own people for not bowing to their extremist view... The same view their prophet showed them so many times...

Did Christians in the past commit atrocities as well? Unfortunately they did, but look at what has happened and is happening in the 20th and 21st century around the world... Millions of Christians and non-Christians have been murdered, and millions of people all over Africa and the Middle East have been subjugated to Muslim extremism, and those are the types of Muslims the Obama administration is trying to bring into the U.S. without properly vetting them. Those types of Muslim extremists are hiding amongst the Muslims that are truly fleeing the war.

German spy agency says ISIS sending fighters disguised as refugees

NATO commander says ISIS spreading like cancer among Syrian refugees

But go ahead and keep trying to blame Christians instead...

Nice try to change the narrative and attack Christians...

edit on 18-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comments and add links.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join