It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS infestation with paid political trolls

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Damn. That was enough to pull the thread???

That seems pretty strict considering there are only about 10,000 threads with the same or very similar points of view already here and allowed.

Maybe you used a word or phrase that did it rather than the topic. They've been getting a bit more strict lately. I know I had a post pulled which I spent two days arguing about over PM's with the Mod.

Everyone's getting so edgy lately with all the fighting I think it's making their trigger fingers too twitchy.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Do you ever notice that the "trolls" (or "shills" or "disinfo agents") always disagree with your personal politics?

Of course there are people who are paid to post here. We know that such folks exist across the internet.

And it's certainly not limited to "the left" ... I think some folks are here to drive traffic to little known blogs and private websites (for what reason, aside from some pecuniary compensation I couldn't say.)

However, as someone said above, what difference does it make? Someone posting from their heart or their pocket book?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Isn't there a way to tell? BTW I know you think I am . I am not. I truly believe she is the best qualified candidate and I'm not going to debate those points here. Just wanted to clear that up.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: visitedbythem

I do. I'm not a paid troll and I assure you I am not retarded.

You said I do to Hillary? I rest my case

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This site should be called the Paranoid Site.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Maybe you used a word or phrase that did it rather than the topic.

Well, I did say that our school system is turning our kids into "dickless cowards".

But that's tame compared to a lot of what's being thrown around here of late. And I wasn't insulting any members.

And I even had a preemptive apology in the OP for the sarcastic and sometimes callous nature of my comments.

No warning. No "snipping". Just trashed.

*shrug* No point in arguing with them, though.
edit on 6/15/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Yeah I agree. I really liked the guy.

I was shocked by the Cali vote numbers too. I really thought he'd do much better than that. But who knows what was Pre-planned officially by then.

I'm not voting. After everything that's happened so far I'm just turned off by the whole damn thing.

I never liked it much to start with, but now it actually is a damn embarrassment. We really just look bad right now as a Nation to everyone across the globe.

I had high hopes for Obama too, like most people. But he really screwed up in a few very major areas that really disappointed me. I don't trash his performance like just about everyone from the Right. I think history will probably say good things about him. But to do so they'll also have to leave some major blunders and bad decisions he's made.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

We've seen the man I voted for back in 2008 in the last few weeks though.

It's a shame he disappeared for a good part of his Presidency, but there were extenuating circumstances.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Ya, that's probably it.

Lately that is plenty to get your thread yanked.

I'm serious. My post that got pulled didn't use bad language or anything. Which for me is pretty damn good just for starters. But it was IMO a killer post that blew someone's double standard premise completely to sh*t. But it was pulled because they felt it was said with the intent to be rude to that other member.

Even worse was that the mod actually said he felt I was Trolling them!!!! Now, as we both know I'm not always the nicest guy sometimes and I can even be a little snarky button pusher too, I admit that. But a Troll, hell know. Trolling to me is something that is done without anything being invested in. To derail a post or just make someone mad while you skip to the next site or to the next argument for argument sake. But I don't do that. Even when I post some sh*tty remark to someone it's always sincere and has a reason behind it.

But oh well. Ya win some ya lose some I guess.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Your post first question. How can someone with a sound mind and a true conscience actually support Hillary?
To which I answered I do.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So why do you support her???

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
I have noticed 4 specific posters that are anti-trump and pro-Hillary. They piggy back each other and always deflect while blaming other of deflecting. It is ridiculously obvious. I don't now if the owners ATS are making alts to cause confrontation or if these are legitimate paid shills of the campaigns. Either way I know who they are and never bother to engage them. Unfortunately others do.

I know the ones your talking about lol. Encounter them almost daily and they fire off nonsense posts back like a mac10 on full auto. They cam be annoying, it's like dealing with school children fighting over which candy bar is the best when they really just want to feed you a chocolate coated turd.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/15.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Your post first question. How can someone with a sound mind and a true conscience actually support Hillary?
You dont say! LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Well, I can only speculate as I didn't ask (I saw no need to poke the bear), but the angle I took was that I wanted Clinton elected so we can get this gun-grab hoo-ha over with.

I think it was because you were ranting about grabbing the guns, making a stand then talking about infiltrating ''game and fish'' and how you could get in there and make it happen.. but everyone loves a good story - keep it up!

I'd love to create a thread where we name and shame those few who constantly post false crap to instigate more crap!
edit on 15/6/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/6/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I guess you can always ask a member whom you suspect.

Not publicly, that's against toc, but you knew that right? Asking them in pm is pointless, people lie so they can hide in plain sight and do their job.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I sure hope it's not sillyolme that some think is a paid troll, because we've had some good posts on a few occasions. They're one of the newer members that I not only remember to some degree, but even remember positively.

Which is saying quite a bit because if you people really knew me you'd know I suffer bad from CRS!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Here Bro, lets find some common ground we both can stand on, something we both agree on.
How about this? Liberals and Muslims should not be allowed to have firearms

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Isn't there a way to tell? BTW I know you think I am . I am not. I truly believe she is the best qualified candidate and I'm not going to debate those points here. Just wanted to clear that up.

Why don't you make a thread about why you believe Hillary is the best choice. It wouldn't be hard to knock down all your arguments, but that is what debate is for, examination of a premise.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I sure hope it's not sillyolme that some think is a paid troll, because we've had some good posts on a few occasions. They're one of the newer members that I not only remember to some degree, but even remember positively.

Which is saying quite a bit because if you people really knew me you'd know I suffer bad from CRS!!!
nah, i think he does it for free

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Why don't you make a thread about why you believe Hillary is the best choice. It wouldn't be hard to knock down all your arguments, but that is what debate is for, examination of a premise.

Cheers - Dave

She'll never do it...never. One can talk about Hillary's government experience, but we all know what her real experience is about. They can talk about her being a woman and standing up for women's rights, but we all know the truth about that one for sure. What else could she mention in her thread? I'm at a loss.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join