It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you guess this secret sound ? it's tricky

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I do not believe your grasping, quite the opposite. perhaps on monday morning here i should try to record only the sound, it is a bit hard on my phone, but that way we would have a clearer approach. It is a shame that the radio version of the sound cant be zoomed in on that orange synthisiser graph thing, so we can isolate the sound by itself to see the sound print like we do with the pinball sound.
By the way, ya reckon i should go for that guess on monday morning, i mean it is the closest thing we have next to this one:

Could be this, close in sound huh

What do you think VVD ??

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Ha ha! Oh.

No keys.

I thought this also
But I think it has been guessed.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I told you this was making me crazy. It just nags at you, because it sounds so familiar.

Postage machine? www.pond5.com...

1. Wedding: Sealer? Mailed invitations?
2. Traveling Wilburys song: Handle with Care
3. Keno ?
4. You don't have to be a master thief - Postmaster
5. 2 become 1 :A postage meter imprints an amount of postage, functioning as a postage stamp, a cancellation and a dated postmark all in one.
6. Double action: Weigh and stamp
7. Before Use: Add postage before sending
8. Cheers to the great navigator "Great Navigator" is a bulk carrier www.vesselfinder.com...
9. Start or Finish: Pay postage upon sending or receipt
10. No Key (No key is required?)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

That was good!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

I don't know, I think the original sound has more "ching" to it (to use technical terms).

I just finished merging the first instance with the second and got a "cleaner" sound, but it's lost some audio detail.

Has anyone guessed an old cigarette vending machine? The kind where you pull the knob and a pack drops? I just keep thinking that sort of action. I remember stamp vending machines used be the same way. Put in your money, pull a lever, the stamps come out of the bottom. Of course, neither of those match the clues.

My best guess so far is still the old fashioned adding machine.

Looks like someone with more grace under pressure beat me to the stamp idea.

edit on 17-6-2016 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Why, thank you, Quantum. I still haven't given up on the slide projector carousel idea. Check out the first sound on this page: www.soundsnap.com.... I can't seem to match up as many of the clues, but there's an easy correlation of wedding reception slide shows and also the Traveling Wilburys' song, "Heading for the Light."

Aaaaaa....grasping at the shreds of my sanity. Scuba, if you don't post the answer as soon as you learn it, I will hunt you down, even if I have to traverse the Outback and angry hordes of drop bears to do so.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Franking Machine

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

i was thinking a vending style machine also, but the ones in public toilets that spew out profilactics (Blues Brothers term)

What is most important though, is that the 10 clues have to match the sound.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm applaud your effort but i do not believe that is similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No one has got back to me on this correlation yet

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
People ? where are we on this ?

I need you guys....

"i love you chunk"

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Every suggestion in this thread so far sounds pretty close to me. But if I had to put money on it, I would bet against every suggestion so far, including my own. I've isolated the sound, played it over and over and over. Slowed it down, sped it up. Pretty sure you've done the same thing. It's like I can see the mechanism in my mind, but I can't see what it's attached to.

Tonight is my regular pool night. I'll put the sound on my phone and let some of my buddies and the waitresses have a listen. The more ears the better, I guess.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You sir, are a true champion. I miss pool night , and poker night..... ahh the days before kids

I know, we're all going to kick ourselves i reckon.

To me, the overlay of the initial sound and the pinball loading first ball is 90% identical, on monday ill try this one, at least we'll have a crack, remember now we can have 2 cracks at it.... 6:55am and 8:10am. Thats 2 guesses a day.

which should we try for the 2nd attempt do you suggest?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
I told you this was making me crazy. It just nags at you, because it sounds so familiar.

Postage machine? www.pond5.com...

1. Wedding: Sealer? Mailed invitations?
2. Traveling Wilburys song: Handle with Care
3. Keno ?
4. You don't have to be a master thief - Postmaster
5. 2 become 1 :A postage meter imprints an amount of postage, functioning as a postage stamp, a cancellation and a dated postmark all in one.
6. Double action: Weigh and stamp
7. Before Use: Add postage before sending
8. Cheers to the great navigator "Great Navigator" is a bulk carrier www.vesselfinder.com...
9. Start or Finish: Pay postage upon sending or receipt
10. No Key (No key is required?)

Could it be one of those Post Office Boxes in a Post Office that have to be opened by a combination? Don't know what they sound like in Australia.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

No help from the pool hall. Mostly just the same guesses we have here, cash register, etc. My buddy is a gun dealer and he says definitely not a gun, but we knew that already. Nobody guessed pinball machine. I lean away from that one because of the waveform I posted. At the end of the sound, after the last thump, the volume just trails off into silence. If it were a ball launching, you would either see the noise from the ball rolling, or the volume level would end abruptly if they clipped the sound before the ball started rolling.

Has anyone guessed a punch clock yet? It doesn't fit a lot of the clues, though, in any way I can see. I wish I was more helpful in this.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

yep bundy machine was said thursday (punch clock).

I just dont know anymore, what am i to try this coming monday VVD?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
After looking at all the clues again: how about an old fashioned credit card swiper? This one happens to have a 'plastic' sound but there could be other brands out there.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Skybird

I'm not sure if that was mentioned in the thread or if I saw it looking for something else, but I like that one too.

I highly doubt the sound is going to be something that most people of a certain vintage haven't heard before. It has to be groan inducing to be good. If it's some super obscure thing like some specialized equipment only frog milkers use in the Amazon it would irritate the listeners too much.

I still think typewriter noise of some sort.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm in tears at the moment, you are good with words.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skybird

In my youth I worked in a store and we had that swiper, believe me, the swipe with the carbon paper never worked that smoothly

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I believe you

To other members: please just ignore my credit card swiping post.

It seems I can not edit that post anymore but I just saw this answer was already tried on page 1... In my defence, it was late and I was a tad tired. Sorry guys, will try to do better next time.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join