It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you guess this secret sound ? it's tricky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

It's the sound Hillary is gonna hear when the jail cell door closes and locks behind her.

soulwaxer

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

i hear ya

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Seriously though, this is driving me nuts!!

I've had this on my mind all day, it really does sound familiar. That, plus the 10 clues should make this easy. I'm starting to think they are playing games with us..

The first thing that came to mind for me was one of the sound effects in "Money" from Pink Floyd. But that's a cash register which has already been mentioned.

soulwaxer

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Hey scuba, is there any kind of link to previous contest answers? Maybe we're all going about this the wrong way. We're all thinking, "lock" "cash register" etc., but maybe where the clues are so cryptic, the answer is more specific, like, "the cash register at the beginning of Pink Floyd's 'Money'"?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
well i just listened to the Floyd song and found this....

i think we can almost certainly say there are no coin sounds in the Secret Sound, but the drawer part is very similar.

It does sound familiar, im going to kick myself when i find out the answer.

Thanks for all your help thus far everyone, i hope that in all your travels that somewhere, sometime, in some place you here this elusive mind boggling noise..... and report back as fast as you can

It HAS reached the bugging point though, like when somebody hums a tune and it gets stuck in your left temporal lobe....

Anyways, im getting up in around 6 hours, and about an hour after that im going to make a call, but what shall i say ?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Scuba, I'm going to remember you for this

I dreamed about this last night, no help. Like Skybird, the image of the pinball launch kept going through my mind, because the sound reminds me of something spring-loaded. But clues #1 and #5 suggest to me something that merges together and links up, like two train cars coming together or a ball and socket joint being press fit together.

I can't get a handle on clue #8. When I think great navigator I think Magellan. So, Cheers to Magellan - Magellan Gin? Salud? Ole`? Maybe a different navigator?

I try to link answer clues, but I can't get consistent themes. Like #1, #2 and #5 - band? #3, #4, and #10 - open?

I'm just spit-balling here hoping to jog the mind of someone else.

And once again, curse you Scuba.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Dang, I had no idea. Ok, I will give it an other shot. Hope it will work this time. Pinball machine sounds: starting point is approx. at 0:17 and one more time at 0:23 Fair warning: it is loud sometimes.

edit on 16-6-2016 by Skybird because: added starting time

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skybird

That is a good one! Nice find. It sounds just like it!
edit on 6 16 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

It haunted me enough to actually make an account, lol. I have played pinball a lot in the past and after hearing the sound track I just had to at least try to post it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The clues are the hard part. What I have got so far:

Clue 1+3: Wedding + Keno= Las Vegas= gambling= pinball
Clue 5: 2 become 1= the 2 flippers
Clue 6: Double action= name of a pinball machine
Clue 7: Before use: before you actually pull, a.k.a. loading of the ball
Clue 2: Traveling Wilburys: Roy Orbison is a member: song: Penny Arcade
edit on 16-6-2016 by Skybird because: Added a clue

Clue 4: You don't have to be a master thief: XBox game, contains the word Arcade on the box
edit on 16-6-2016 by Skybird because: Added yet an other clue

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Your awesome to make a account to help the op. I am sure he will be happy. I know your sound is the one in the op. Your a kind person. I hope to see you around here more often. Here is a avatar for you

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank you so much! I'm trying to figure out how to add the avatar., I like it a lot. Keeping my fingers crossed op will win.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You have to save the image and upload it to your ATS.
Here is how you do it.
Click here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Woah, haha, your entire post....... its like you were in my browsing history lastnight
. I know how you feel, i was very reluctant to drag anybody along with me and the mental anguish that goes with.

Exactly, #1 could mean merge, coupling, union, fuse, couple, attach, joining or a plethora of others

#3 Keno is like french for '5' in a row or something.

i mean even #2 could be about the band, a song or any of the famous '5' members.

ive read clues upside down, read them in the mirror, googled every combination and yet i feel its on the tip of my tongue.

Hopefully nobody gives up, for me its almost not about the cash now, its about mental stability

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Skybird has your answer
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Check this out....... Roy Orbison performed Penny Arcade in Melbourne Australia in 1973.....

For the other members im still trying to tie it into Flinders station lockers too

Nice work skybird, although its not definitive its worth a crack

They radio knobs did mention yesterday that the answer has to be exact, so bit of sorting to do, the second attempt for 8am is about to get underway, im on the dog and bone as we speak waiting to get through

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Did you see my re to VictorVonDoom? Trying to solve the clues
approx 7 posts up

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
ANYBODY FOLLOWING THIS THREAD, PLEASE LISTEN TO T4 ON THE LINK BELOW AND CROSS REFERENCE THAT SOUND WITH THE ONE IN THE OP AND IF YOU BELIEVE ITS THE SOUND THEN COLLECTIVELY WE HAVE A FOCUS POINT TO TIE IN THE REST.

hey, you have me convinced, if you check out this link, scroll down to sound track #4 the sound is almost identical.listen to track #4 T4 is the one.

That website will annoy you a bit because it automatically goes onto 5,6,7 etc but T4 is the one.

Now to make it exact, we just need to work out how the wilburys are involved, my above post with Roy Orbison with his song Penny Arcade could be the link, but we have other clues like wedding, start or finish, keno that need to fit.

They had a secret sound here years ago , and it turned out to be a car horn, but guesses were wrong until someone said a horn on a Ford AU Falcon, so we have to be particular (which isnt in my nature ) lol

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

double post
edit on 16/6/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join