It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you guess this secret sound ? it's tricky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Omg, is it a locker locking at Flinders Street Station?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Rotary phone dialing maybe?

Or the sound of placing a bet on online poker?

edit on 15-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I have a question. Were the clues doled out at regular intervals or given all at once?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Hmmm, you mean like cash drawer, petty cash tin, Traveling Wilburys Tom Petty angle ?

Lets see if the other 9 clues fit...brb

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Each clue was given at the reach of each $1000 mark, going up around $20 a day.

I do not live in a big town so i reckon with the great minds of ATS we have it licked

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Yep, I think this is your winner. Nice job Atsbhct!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: Snarl
Lets see if the other 9 clues fit...brb

I didn't get the clues, brother. Only telling you what I heard. Please go back and look at what Abe posted.

I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Omg, is it a locker locking at Flinders Street Station?

wedding ?
wiburys?
keno?

still thinking of how they fit, i will make a call tomorrow morning with this answer if we can make a lil more sense of it. Hell, i'll call everyday until we get it lol. I have just tried calling Flinders St Station and requested they go out and open and close one of there lockers for me, but they are at lunch atm but will call me back.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Each clue was given at the reach of each $1000 mark, going up around $20 a day.

I do not live in a big town so i reckon with the great minds of ATS we have it licked

OK, so I think we can assume that each clue stands alone in describing the sound, as opposed to needing 3 or 4 clues together. Also, I think we can assume that later clues would be easier than earlier ones.

Looking at it that way, we can look for similarities in the clues. #3 is the reverse of #10, Key No and No Key. Most things don't have keys, so maybe the clue is about something that ordinarily has a key, but in this case doesn't. Like a power door lock, or something like that.

I know that's not it, just trying to think of a different approach. Told you this was going to bug me.
edit on 15-6-2016 by VictorVonDoom because: Doh!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Hahaha, this is amazing.

I don't know why I guessed that, but it's just one of those things that are always in travel guides for Melbourne. I'm in Canada, so it's hard to think how a totally separate western culture with their own references would put all of those clues together. I really hope it's the sound, but it's definitely a long shot.

Do people get married at the station? Did the Wilburys do something there? Could Keno be Kino? There's a movie theatre called that on a Flinders Lane, don't know how that ties in though.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I think a power door look is an excellent guess....most vehicles with them local automatically...before use.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I like your way of thinking

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My first thought was a typewriter but the clues don't match up, except wedding (bells) Keno (machine).

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladicius123

Hello welcome to ATS and you have great thoughts! Give more please!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladicius123

Hi there Ladicus, thanks for helping out, which part of this round thing we live on you from ?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Yep.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Made an account just for this thread
Have you listened to a pinball machine? Especially the ball loading sound? I did find something on youtube but it has lots of other sounds too and it might be very loud at times. Here is the video and starting point:
Really hope you will win something. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

ive just had that sound bite ( just the sound part) on loop , on my phone , headphones on , scouting the house, went to the shops, trying to find similarities..... one is going crazy

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Skybird

Thanks for joining just to add to this thread, i'd love to hear what you've got but your youtube link is not working.... Remember to only add the numbers that come after the = symbol

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Is there a program on the net that would allow you to drop the sound bite on to it, then the program would then find matches available ?

Similar i guess to how shazam would work ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join