It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you guess this secret sound ? it's tricky

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Nah, just played around with the big red mail box at my local shopping centre, doesn't feel the same

mailbox in question

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Don't worry I am still thinking. Did anyone guess a quarter going into a pinball machine? Or money going into a vending machine

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Yep, vending machine has been mentioned, but seeing as though they have stippulated they need an exact answer, i wouldn't cross it out.

Cigarette vending machine i think was said.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

At work they said quarter going into a pinball machine or a pool table. I am still trying for you.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

LOL! @ pigeon sound!

That was a reference to delivery of messages (like mail) or something or another.

Okay here's what we've come up with although I can't now recall (everyone's gone and the notes are awful!) what we had for the Traveling Wilburys so I'll just give you what I think we had or were going for as far as connections.

The guess is vintage coin stamp or vintage metal press of some sort. Google and youtube produced no results per se but we weren't really sure what we were looking for so perhaps someone who understand mechanics, etc could make a connection. Albeit we have made a very lame/loose connection. We tried to focus mainly on the 'cryptic' clues this round with the recording secondary.

1. Wedding: something borrowed something blue...blah blah...sixpence in her shoe.
2. Traveling Wilburys: Can't remember this. Something about traveling minstrels or such. I can call tomorrow.
3. Keno: Payout/coinage/money
4. Master Thief: Counterfeiting/ I wrote down Eloy Mastrelle (sp) escaped Paris after being accused of counterfeiting. Queen Elizabeth pardoned him and he became her 'coin maker'. He invented/created a machine to press coins.
5. 2 become 1: The act of metal to metal then being 'pressed'.
6. Double Action: Die to die. Two parts to the operation.
7. Before use: Coin must be created before use?
8. Great Navigator: James Cook legend has it that while working in a grocery he was given a coin for payment stamped
SSC (South Sea Co.) after which time he decided to work on a boat and travel.
9. Start or Finish: Coin collecting/grading reference (I don't know this, someone else's suggestion)
10. No key: In 1561 (?) Queen Elizabeth had the Eloy fellow stamp the date (key stamp) on the sixpence (had not been done before that) So, there was no key prior.

Lame I know but it is a guess!

edit on 28-6-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Masterthief synonym = expert.....so,maybe 'you dont have to be a master thief' means that you dont have to be an expert, an expert at what ?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

WOW TNM, love your work... just going through coin stamping machine sounds now

Champion !!!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Thank you, my friends are great!

I just want you to win

You need a car, I hear!

LOL

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

your friends do seem great. Who's a lucky little mockingbird

i can imagine you guys around a table sorting things, thats awesome.

a car for the family would be great, but peace of mind in finding this answer is getting up there for me now lol.

Its like when you lose something, and you spend all day looking for it, you finally find it but your mind is still looking at the floor or around.....

is there a "lost my mind" emoticon anywhere ?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Todays guesses at 7am are, an opening Umbrella?(lol), pull the cable to lift your bonnet spring,lol, book binder for the pages with the whole down the margin, opening your car door handle and push a deadbolt latch open with a pen while the door is opening..... WTF.....

May i ask, are people hearing the same noise that we are hearing? or are they just throwing crap at the wall hoping it sticks.

i'll try again at 10 past 8, whats the most convincing guess we have so far guys ??

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Couldn't get through at 10 past 8, but the radio announcer mentioned that they've " kept a heap of answers aside because they were close, but you need to be exact" which leads me to what they said to me on the phone last week:

Previous post from page 10 of this thread:

" WOWOWOWOWOW,

got through guys, i said " is it the ball loading on a vintage pinball machine".... there was a pause, then he said " lets have another listen", he then played the sound and replied " very good guess, thats the closest, if i was going to give it on sound, that would be it, but it has nothing to do with it"

So here is the sound of the vintage pinball loading again for you to hear:

Vintage pinball machine loading ball

He has never said that to anyone before......., so we are close guys, real close.

That sound bite just above this text, is the closest thing we have. What can it be. "

Hmm, so yeah......

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ok now I will start thinking about a ball loading. You were so close. Damn. Where is Chirp?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Chirp probably have a headache like i do lol. Yeah ball loading or vintage or....... Gumball machine, cant link it to wedding though or keno.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Where is Chirp?

Chirp probably have a headache like i do lol.

Yes, a slight headache but not throwing in the towel yet!

I am out of ideas at the moment. I am sure that it is a familiar sound.

I thought that from the initial recording that you played way back when but what?!

Let's put our noggins together some more, I will be back in a bit. Off to google some sounds!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It sounds like a pressing/printing machine and I think it is something like this.

Maybe something to do with train tickets, and travelling. Validate before use. Start to finish.

I can't place some of the other clues.
edit on 29-6-2016 by SemperFried because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SemperFried

That is a good one too!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

i have found many similar sounds, but linking them to the clues seems the hard part

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Per the pinball theme, I was a champion for several tournaments in the late 70's. All the machines had what they called "specials" where you would win extra games and hear the machine click when you hit certain targets that won it, some released extra pinballs so that sometimes you were flipping 2, 3, or 4 pinballs at a time. When the machine released the initial ball for the game the sound was the same as loading and releasing the extra ball. But on some machines the extra balls were locked on the board until you reached a certain point level or you had hit a series of targets. The sound of those being released were also similar to the secret sound. Good luck,

STM

ETA: The worst sound you would hear on a pinball machine was the sound of a "drain". Which was when the ball went perfectly down the middle of the board and the flippers couldn't reach it. At that point it was reloaded for the next shot. Once again sounding like your secret sound.

edit on 29-6-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Congrats on your competitive history with those machines, i could never play them that well.

Since ive already said " ball loading on a pinball machine" do you think there is a different way to word it?

The pinball idea seems to fit with most clues not all. Traveling Wilburys- Roy Orbison- sang Penny arcade. Cheers to the great navigator ? start or finish ?

Or what may use an actuator similar to those used in pinball machines ?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I would say "the sound of an extra ball or saved ball being released on a vintage pinball machine." The new machines don't sound the same imho.

The clues have me stumped as to how they relate to pinball though. But the sound is amazingly similar.

Wedding = two bound together
As for Keno? Idk, guessing numbers is all that comes to mind for that one.
I thought the great navigator was Columbus?

STM

edit on 30-6-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join