It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Penalizes Solar Energy Users With Hefty 40% Tax Increase

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's getting pretty stupid out there in the "real" world.

You may just be confusing the real world with the nightmare that is modern U.S of A

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's getting pretty stupid out there in the "real" world.

You may just be confusing the real world with the nightmare that is modern U.S of A

This is actually a big deal.

Solar city made a big stake in Nevada. A big portion of their survivability depended on selling back power to the grid.

Buffett made it not profitable.

Solarcity made the investment two-fold. Yes, I understand completely what they did was to take advantage of government tax credits in general, but freaking someone had to.

Now they will suffer. A big part of what was needed to make solarcity work was selling back the unused energy. Something that literally costs NV Energy $0. They were tasked with reselling this energy. So NV Energy, being a %%%%%% company decided they needed a profit margin on zero. They decided the margin wasn't beneficial enough and new taxation would be needed to sustain the company. This folks, is literally the TPP in action. A company bought and paid for legislation to ensure profit levels.

NV Energy didn't have to fold under pressure, simply because solarcity wasn't allowed to become more than a hatchling.

Solarcity in Nevada is a GREAT company. A GREAT concept.

But yea, it's the Koch bros according to some here.

Renewable energy is literally being legislated out of existence because big energy is suffering.

If there is a march anywhere in Nevada for this, I will definitely be there.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I absolutely and completely concur with what you are saying....

A company bought and paid for legislation to ensure profit levels.

Profit is all that matters, we will be continually bombarded with false information from so called reputable sources to achieve the agenda.....

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Honestly I almost signed up with solarcity. I'm kinda glad I didn't simply because with this legislation solar will become as expensive as non-solar.

It's corrupt ass hell. I haven't looked into it but I would like to know who actually owns the infrastructure of Nevada's power grid.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Some of the worst freedom inhibiting actions i am becoming aware of seem to be happening mainly in the U.S, and i mean the western world when i say this the third world is in turmoil no doubt....

I often see Australia where i live referred to as a believed target of oppression (mainly because of the gun reforms 20 odd years ago) yet we are granted so many more freedoms from the financial depression we are witnessing on U.S soil...it is a little dumbfounding TBH....

Thats not to say it is not heading this way....this documentary from 2010 gives a little insight

edit on 17-6-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: fix link

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: xuenchen

Our government is corrupted from the very bottom to the very top and all across the nation. It is despicable.

Yup but lets continue talking about Healthcare, immigration, economy,jobs,,ss,medicaid,education,immigration, sexism,racism,sexuality,and religion.

you know the stuff that has been a cluster f for the public and we have been talking about for numerous decades with no resolution.

But under no circumstances should we be only discussing the main problem that impacts everyone of those issues which is conflict of interest and corruption.

The people need to wake up and concentrate on the real problem of corruption and not let themselves be misdirected by the gop,dnc,or the msm as what the issues are, or nothing will change.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 53630America/ChicagoFri, 17 Jun 2016 06:53:03 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Can't be doing energy trades with foreigners like the sun.

Must have solar tariffs.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I believe governor Sandoval had a hand in this. I remember seeing tons of ads on my Facebook feed about solar in Nevada. I don't see them anymore. My wife and myself were looking into solar, but then NVenergy and Sandoval pulled this stunt on Nevada residents. Sad really what with the amount of sunny days we have here in Reno.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Honestly I almost signed up with solarcity. I'm kinda glad I didn't simply because with this legislation solar will become as expensive as non-solar.

It's corrupt ass hell. I haven't looked into it but I would like to know who actually owns the infrastructure of Nevada's power grid.

The Hoover Dam supplies a great deal of power to Las Vegas, and surrounding Nevada towns. Maintenance in that facility is huge, and I would bet that the management there is nervous with what is going on with solar, and sees it all as a profit drain.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
City living problems.

Out in the sticks, I can go off the grid at will, water, sewage and power.

And in fact, I am off for water and sewage. Once I get home for good (next year in Jerusalem!) it's going to be a solar paradise, with major propane generator backup and a couple thousand gallons of propane on-site, and I'm going to keep the grid tie only for last ditch emergency. The base rate out there is miniscule.

Good luck with that, Jerusalem doesn't allow off the grid anymore than anywhere here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join