It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telemarketers Are Scum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'll just leave everyone with a little tip from a former telemarketer...

Being rude makes it worse... they'll share your number with other lists, and other call centers...

You'll be getting calls at all hours of the night and day IF said person really wants to be a prick... And by the way, the late night callers are the worst because theres no managers at night

You can't block them because the calls don't come from a static number...

IF you don't want to be nice... be mature...

Hang up

At least its respectable... and most will leave you alone

edit on 15-6-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

See how messed up it is? I haven't gotten that message yet. Thanks though, I'll keep a look out.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Thanks though, I'll keep a look out.

I have a feeling that soon your watch will end.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It never stops. We get at least 5 calls a day from these pests.

We actually NEVER answer the land line at all. It's just not worth it. We never give the land line number out to any friends or family and to be honest we don't even know what the number is.

The only thing we ever use it for is for calling our own cellphones when we lose them or when we want to call each other and we just happen to be near the stupid thing. For most of it's life it just rings away upstairs in my office where we can't even hear it.

The constant annoying voicemails they leave are sometimes sent to me in readable e-mails. At the moment it seems to be mostly annoying political arseholes trying to get our votes. Trust me these idiots are lucky I never answer that phone.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
I'll just leave everyone with a little tip from a former telemarketer...

Being rude makes it worse... they'll share your number with other lists, and other call centers...

You'll be getting calls at all hours of the night and day IF said person really wants to be a prick... And by the way, the late night callers are the worst because theres no managers at night

You can't block them because the calls don't come from a static number...

IF you don't want to be nice... be mature...

Hang up

At least its respectable... and most will leave you alone

but i enjoy picking up and insulting them and their mothers

ive been doing this for years and i have not seen an increase in calls.
edit on 15-6-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Most* being the key word there.

I remember clearly getting a phone call, they started their spiel, it had literally been my 3rd one in 3 days so I might've had a hint of annoyance in my voice. But I'm always polite, I don't hang up straight away or abuse them. I at least say "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested." before I hang up.

Within a minuteI actually had a call back. Heavy breathing on the line before an angry voice whispers menacingly. "You. Are. So. Obnoxious!!" and then they hung up on me.

I was dumbfounded!
I find it absolutely hilarious now, but at the time, I was just... what?

edit on 15 6 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My Dad is a senior who was hospitalized after taking a bad fall, he lives with us and the TM calls are out of control now ! They really target the seniors that's for sure ! I usually just let the answering machine take calls on our land line, I erase several everyday for stuff like walk in tubs and other products of that nature.

Generally I'm polite if one catches me ...but once they try and talk over me I just hang up. If they wake me up or call at dinner time I've been known to get a bit bitchy, and once said to some guy..."didn't your Mother ever teach you it's rude to call people during the dinner hours !!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I got to agree they are not quite scum...just sad people that can't get a real job...they are a product of sick, worthless school system that turns out illiterate young people...with no chance.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JaMeDoIt

actually many of the people i worked with were highly educated...

There was even a few doctors and lawyers who came from other countries waiting for their registration to come through

A person has to survive... gotta pay your bills

and in this particular city, telemarketing jobs are abundant... and theres not much else

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
MY bad...I forgot to consider those new to the USA....many have the education and unfortunately a slim chance to apply their knowledge and trade....good post....everyone needs a break.
I know a couple of kids...now young adults...that skated thru school and now are on the bottom of the barrel...hate to now say that I told you so.
Cheers
reply to: Akragon

top topics

<< 1   >>

join