It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

America's Silent Majority

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:26 PM
I am a gen-xer and work in a factory from 5am "ish" to 5pm "ish".

What I say next will be extremely general and wide sweeping.

There is a generation or two coming up behind me that ALL got to win a T-ball. They all got to play and they all got trophies....which doesn't symbolize anything in real life but thank god no one's feelings were hurt and no one got left out....sarcasm. When I was growing up, you practiced hard and played hard to get up to hit and play and you worked even harder to get that trophy.

Some of the policies being put into place are WAY to "shot gun effect" policies for what I consider minor or even no existent problems.....however....someone griped somewhere where someone heard it and...well....we get the shot gun effect on rules....rules that affect everyone.

As for what I consider light humor about one's race or nationality....I totally agree OP. We give and get and it is not serious....however.....some folks who might overhear those comments....somehow....get offended and run off to cry about it.....then you spend hours in HR trying to explain the dynamic of the work force only to hear, "well...this person overheard you talking about killing ostriches and this person raises and loves ostriches like children and was offended by your comment...." substitute killing and ostrich for anything you want.

I think we are losing the hard nosed thick skin bulletproof attitude that a lot of Americans had and now we are all paying hell......"it takes a village to raise an idiot" mentality would not fly when I was growing up.

The movie Gran Torino is pretty harsh and brutal but the scene where Clint and the Korean kid are in the barbershop is exactly the banter I would expect and laugh at....and the Korean kid....being coached by Clint...gave it right back.

Good thread OP.

edit on 20-6-2016 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:33 PM
September 24, 2016

This "Silent Majority" avoids polls conducted by human operators, but participates in the automated polls. Their existence partially explains why attendance at Donald Trump's rallies, is 10 to 20 times larger than at Hillary Clintons'.

A Brief But Informative Analysis by Roger Stone:

new topics
<< 1   >>