It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safe Spaces for Women : Origins, Arguments and Counter-Arguments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
Ahhh perfect. I forgot all about the Little Rascals episode. So that was the "He-man woman haters club". The Stooges one is all in rhyme. I wonder if these are required viewing for mgtow? lol.

Thanks for posting those. Senile memory refreshed.

edit on 6/15/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

youll do anything to support your narrow minded objective like bring up rape victims in order to support a ridiculous objective.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MoonBlossom

some of us live in reality where we dont victimize ourselves for any little thing that we can

some of us live in the real world where we take ownership for our emotions and not let silly words take control of our minds and emotions

some of us actually have a backbone and were tired of adult cry babies

You just cannot see the forest for the trees..

The "victimisation" you speak of is a created construct.
It is the SAME use of division that has people fighting in perpetuity, with no end in sight.
There are no victors and victims, there are PEOPLE.

There are also problems, which there ARE solutions for - once we can get beyond fighting in circles ad nauseum.

As for emotions - we are not robots, nor automatons. Our emotions are the sense that lets us know right from wrong. People think they need religion for this, but in fact it is built right into us all, until it is beaten or otherwise bullied out of a population - until they are one of apathy. Be that from interpersonal actions (including words), government, or via the media.

I agree with personal responsibility - and that includes YOUR actions, YOUR speech and the results thereof - results which make the world a better or worse place to live in. It is said that when you have to resort to name-calling you have lost the argument.
Well illustrated when one resorts to the use of "snowflakes" or "cry-babies" as their reply.

Even the animals, whom many deem beneath us, show more evolving, empathy and caring than we simple humans - who will gladly trod over those we so enthusiastically and belligerently proclaim our "lessers".

We have much to learn from them. The scene @ 7:40 in this video, makes my point most especially.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

edit on 15-6-2016 by cuckooold because: Nvm. Only an idiot argues with a moron.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry but your a typical SJW bringing up anything and everything that makes you look like the saint, taking the moral high ground in an effort not to validate your argument or position in debate but to prove that anyone who disagrees with you is an evil perpetrator, the scourge of the earth

sorry that wasn't meant for you that was meant for cuckoold or whatever
edit on 6/15/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Ah... now that makes sense.

Yes, gals usually between the ages of 12 to maybe around 25 tend to be a bit more sensitive (not all of course, I most certainly never was).

You can chalk that up to hormonal changes as well as standard emotional immaturity because they've yet to carve out a path for themselves and learn how to "not sweat the small stuff".

But rest assured, young guys can also fall into these categories as well (drama, fighting, making mountains out of molehills, etc).

With age tends to come emotional and mental maturity as we progress through life.

Call it a rite of passage, per se.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

how the hell do you think we got out of the dark ages?

What makes you think we got out?

link   

i agree that humans lack empathy true empathy not the narcissistic SJW version of empathy but the real kind

however that doesnot mean we get safe spaces because a safe space is literally an illusion there is nothing safe or sacred in this world we will all experience death we will all have to go through the life review and it isnt safe and we need to own up to ourselves and take full responsibility for everything

there is a place for real empathy but people have to toughen up

link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom

how the hell do you think we got out of the dark ages?

What makes you think we got out?

very true

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: CranialSponge
Ahhh perfect. I forgot all about the Little Rascals episode. So that was the "He-man woman haters club". The Stooges one is all in rhyme. I wonder if these are required viewing for mgtow? lol.

Thanks for posting those. Senile memory refreshed.

Any time old chap.

I'll fix your senile memory, if you'll fix mine ?

*snicker snicker*

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom

some of us live in reality where we dont victimize ourselves for any little thing that we can

some of us live in the real world where we take ownership for our emotions and not let silly words take control of our minds and emotions

some of us actually have a backbone and were tired of adult cry babies

People think they need religion for this, but in fact it is built right into us all, until it is beaten or otherwise bullied out of a population - until they are one of apathy. Be that from interpersonal actions (including words), government, or via the media.

The idea that the moral sense is "in-built" and naturally present is Platonic. Plato was definitely basing some of his ideas on religious (or rather, metaphysical) concepts. Christianity and even some facets of Islam are decidedly neo-Platonic, as well.

Religion is not necessarily a crutch, and may just be a reflection of certain universal human traits. In some sense, we're all religious.

Even the animals, whom many deem beneath us, show more evolving, empathy and caring than we simple humans - who will gladly trod over those we so enthusiastically and belligerently proclaim our "lessers".

I agree. Dogs, for instance, are more loyal and honest than humans, and their capacity to love is at least equal to ours.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thanks Morrad for putting together this thread.

I took the time to read through it all.

All in all i see safe spaces as something good in a terapeuthical setting.

Everywhere else it seems to be a way to supress free speech and open debate.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

i agree that humans lack empathy true empathy not the narcissistic SJW version of empathy but the real kind

however that doesnot mean we get safe spaces because a safe space is literally an illusion there is nothing safe or sacred in this world we will all experience death we will all have to go through the life review and it isnt safe and we need to own up to ourselves and take full responsibility for everything

there is a place for real empathy but people have to toughen up

I agree with you, life IS tough - essentially we need to get helmets.

However can you also see that words are creative, in and of themselves?
They can create arguments (where none need be) and they can create a better world for all, where discourse can solve problems and issues common to our day.

Our words are our choices, our creations - our literal free will.

Free will can move us forwards or backwards, it is always our choice.

- - - -

As an aside, I DO know where you are coming from (and have enjoyed many of your threads on ATS). I really do see where single white males are getting thrown under the bus these days, and it is probably purposefully directed to create anger and to throw a wedge to block people from coming together.

Oppressed minorities have been having this experience for ages, and now it is hitting all segments of society. But we have free will. *pokes above* And must use it wisely, not only for ourselves, but for everyone's best interests.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
As a woman who has cried when my feelings were hurt, and honestly don't know any women that haven't been groped at the least, and some much more extreme cases of rape and violence too, I cringe when I hear the term "safe place". I'm not sure how therapeutic it actually is to re-live trauma in "safe places". it may be helpful to some and it's not my intention to belittle anyone who believes this helps them.

There is wisdom in the words ....." Get on with Life "........and generally when I meet a person who stays "stuck" in a past trauma that requires years of therapy, "safe spaces" or drugs to manage stress, I find they have issues bigger then the trauma itself, lol, does that make sense ? People can actually become addicted re-living trauma, weird but there is evidence to support this.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Some interesting feedback. Thanks for the replies.

The only thing I would like to add is that men who react angrily (verbally or with fists) to criticism or demeaning words are reacting just as emotionally as women who cry ie frail coping strategies.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join