It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safe Spaces for Women : Origins, Arguments and Counter-Arguments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MoonBlossom

no where safe space bull# is shattered into fractal voids of non existence where people actually have some confidence and a sense of self that isnt crushed by someone elses words.

So these women who have been raped and beaten should just get over their crybaby # and get on with it?

ncsafespace.org...

Real classy and sensitive.
edit on 15-6-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Women are tough too dude, how the hell do you think we got out of the dark ages?

This is a new thing across the board.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MoonBlossom

no where safe space bull# is shattered into fractal voids of non existence where people actually have some confidence and a sense of self that isnt crushed by someone elses words.

So these women should just get over their crybaby # and get on with it?

ncsafespace.org...

Real classy and sensitive.

Typical SJW to throw something totally unrelated into the mix in order to support a narrow mindeded objective or to take the moral high ground in order to seem superior in your position and to make the other person look like an evil perpetrator
edit on 6/15/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yeah, I think you're right. People in general are becoming more fragile. I just don't get it; why is self-pity and fragility something to be sought after these days? Those have always been negative traits.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I've never in my life heard a man get insulted (or offended or whatever) and then say that he's been "traumatized", and that he has to find a place to "heal" and "connect" to recover from the "violence" of words and insults.

Interestingly enough, I've never heard a women say any of those things in real life either.

They usually just fire it right back at the perpetrator.

Fascinating.

Makes one wonder if all this hyperbolic drama isn't just an internet folly fad fiasco.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I've never in my life heard a man get insulted (or offended or whatever) and then say that he's been "traumatized", and that he has to find a place to "heal" and "connect" to recover from the "violence" of words and insults.

Interestingly enough, I've never heard a women say any of those things in real life either.

They usually just fire it right back at the perpetrator.

Fascinating.

Makes one wonder if all this hyperbolic drama isn't just an internet folly fad fiasco.

Really? I've seen women break down in tears after being insulted, or even just someone being passive agressive. Women in general are more sensitive to that stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Oh no it's real trust me ive met a few of these half breeds for real, they are so fragile and weak both physically and mentally

they need people like me in order for their ability to exist but they fight against it, its a conundrum

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

this is mainly happening in rich areas, cities, and in schools

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yep, exactly. I've noticed that whenever I hear about these little f*cks, there always at some prestigious university and places like that.

I would love to walk into one of their little circle-jerks and have them tell me that I'm more privileged than they are, on account of being straight/male/whatever, when I can barely afford community college.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Huh.

Well then, I guess I must be living amongst Amazon women on a different planet... any gal I've ever known dishes it right back tenfold. And then some.

I'm not familiar with these weak fragile little creatures you speak of.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

nice edit.

thats really all im going to say to you.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

Yep, exactly. I've noticed that whenever I hear about these little f*cks, there always at some prestigious university and places like that.

I would love to walk into one of their little circle-jerks and have them tell me that I'm more privileged than they are, on account of being straight/male/whatever, when I can barely afford community college.

nobody whos a middle class working family white male gets anything handed to them in fact its the opposite this is just bull# put out there by the media to push the racial and class divide and to turn people against white men and the hero archetype like we've been talking about, this archetype exist in women as well as the hero mother figure standing up for her children, there are countless mythological stories about this as well

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Huh.

Well then, I guess I must be living amongst Amazon women on a different planet... any gal I've ever known dishes it right back tenfold. And then some.

I'm not familiar with these weak fragile little creatures you speak of.

I honestly think you're lying, or you just don't know many people. Or maybe wherever you live, all the women are completely different.

Just the other day at work, one of the girls that works with me went to the bathroom and cried because our manager was tearing into her about something. I had to console her. I simply don't see men doing that. It's really nothing bad, don't see why you're getting so defensive.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

where i live in PA girls are tough they fight hunt and work in shops and do construction its all about how theyre raised

parents dont raise their kids to take control of their mind and their emotions and not let other people tell them how to feel and think anymore they are raised as little queens and kings and never told no and coddled their entire lives

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I do remember some girls being overly emotional/sensitive.

But that was back in junior high and high school when hormones were raging from both genders. Plenty of drama back in those days. But I was a metal head so the gals I chummed with were cut from a bit tougher cloth, I guess.

Otherwise, nope. Not familiar with the stuff you're talking about as an adult.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I always edit my posts to correct grammatical and spelling errors, and to make my meaning clearer. Yes, these women have been raped and beaten, but I guess that's OK in your world.

Nice spurious assumption.

edit on 15-6-2016 by cuckooold because: To make myself clearer.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 15-6-2016 by cuckooold because: double

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

i quote your post in my original response and my response is unedited

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ok, I'm a women, I read the whole OP and I'm still trying to understand why in the hell as a women I need a safe space, hell I like the space I got right now and the place I have right now just fine.

Thanks but thanks not, I don't need my sensitivities to be protected, throw the crap at me I can take it just fine.

Safe space, really, realllyyyy.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I think older women tend not to be emotional that way, in general. I haven't seen any woman middle-aged or older get super emotional about anything (out in public, anyway).

I'm fairly young, and I know plenty of chicks who are more stoic than I am, but I also know plenty who are totally sensitive to things. Not like it's a bad thing anyway.

I was being too general in the previous posts, I apologize.

edit on 15-6-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join