It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir A320 Wreckage found in Mediterranean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: smurfy

I guess I am not following.

As I see it, the black box needs to be with the aircraft forensically. An analogue marker though doesn't, it's just something to find the place. (I took the fuelling spelling out, that should have been for Discotech..I'll send you a bottle of Asti in apology)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Gotcha. The issue is how to detach it. The patent for a jettisoning device uses explosive bolts and they are the issue.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I have seen fighters drop fuel tanks because bolts fired unexpectedly. A B-52 near Area 51 started a huge brush fire because the bolts holding the two tanks on the wings fired. We had a visiting WC-135 firing its ELT onto the ramp as fast as we could replace it because of a bad sensor causing the explosives to fire.

Explosive bolts require maintenance and replacement, and careful handling. A panel big enough to put the recorders out of is going to cause potential fatal damage to the airframe if they fire accidentally.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Your Pizza isn't traveling several hundred miles an hour, in an area with fair to middling radar coverage while losing power.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

It was intact passing through 10,000 feet. It probably broke up below that altitude when they lost the signal.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

the most traveled water on earth,and they just found it?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

How many ships that travel those waters actually have ROVs and underwater sonar systems to search for something 10,000 feet down?

It doesn't matter how many ships travel a given area, if the wreckage is far below the surface.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: khnum
I can track my pizza on a mobile phone yet they cant find a plane for weeks something is very wrong here

Is your pizza 10,000' under water?

Occasionally.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

That will screw up your delivery time.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Egyptian investigators have said black box recording confirms smoke on board , they've also said part of the front section of the plane "showed sign of high temperature damage".

Automated electronic messages sent by the plane had shown that smoke detectors went off in a toilet and in the avionics area below the cockpit, minutes before the plane disappeared. The recorded data are consistent with those messages, investigators said.
The voice and flight data recorders, known as black boxes, were recovered from a depth of about 3,000m (9,800ft) in the Mediterranean. The second black box, the cockpit recorder, is still being repaired in Paris.

The Egyptian investigation committee also said that part of the front section of the aircraft's wreckage "showed sign of high temperature damage" and soot.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Consistent with a fire in either the cockpit or avionics bay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join