It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate approves women registering for the draft

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Even when women are still the primary caregivers to children?

Yes, and I will take it one step further; only women should have to register.

Can you fix me a sammie on your way back from killing ISIS? I will be watching the Yankees game.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

oh the irony, notice the 4th date drawn is Feb 14th, valentines day.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed. Draft should be thrown out.

Funny situation for the femmes, but its not that funny because its a voluntary draft...

I remember being required to have signed up for the Selective Service when I turned 18.

Not great for dudes, we still need to fight for equality guys! The Matriarchy has stood long enough, safely away from any REAL service to our country!

This inequality must not stand!!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
--MAKE THE CUTOFF AGE 50.--

... (silence.)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Never thought I'd see so many people jumping for joy over the idea of a military draft...

Careful what you wish for folks.

Not jumping for joy over the prospect of an upcoming draft, which seems unlikely but I do agree with this move. It doubles our theoretical combat forces and women perform fine in combat. I do think it requires some additional logistics though because you need to segregate units and possibly even entire bases.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: CranialSponge

This is actually an interesting point. I highly doubt that the US will be involved with another war on scales that would require a draft. We've gone all in on a mercenary army and it is working phenomenal since soldiers more often than not WANT to be there instead of being forced to be there. So why hasn't the draft been abolished altogether?

I think the concept of a mercenary army is unsustainable, it requires either endless war, or massive unemployment. I think China is doing a much better job of handling the challenge of maintaining a standing army. They put their army to work building things domestically when it isn't fighting.

The army is actually pretty good at building things, imagine if instead of employing mercenaries we had a standing army rebuild our bridges, dam's, highways, and so on.

That's all separate from the point of a draft though. Women should definitely be drafted if the need arises.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
im not down with sacrificing the young men and women in my family for the war pigs that run this country. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is a tough topic for a mom of 3 daughters and a grandmother of 3 very young grandsons. I love them all, yet recognize it is equal. Just like in Vietnam Nam evryone will look for loopholes or become a draft dodger. It is equal.

It does freak me out as a mother, yet I know my daughters if called would be just as committed to coming home as any man. They are strong. My only fear is many men may get killed trying to 'protect' the weaker girl. Men still see women differently, it is natural. Men dying for their fellow men is one thing....but seriously, men do react differently in the perimeter of women.

It is reality. As one may be gay, transgendered, whatever....biological nature creates differences in perceptions of humans. History has shown that male will more often than not give up his own safety to protect female. It is reproduction survival instinct!

I realize I am rambling. Sorry. I am obviously torn by such an initiative. Honestly, I feel that a draft should not be necessary for any of our children. If a battle, conflict, or war is or thy our citenzry would volunteer eagerly to be the standard bearers irrespective of gender designations! If not, obviously our government should re-think their war strategy or proproganda.
edit on 6 15 2016 by CynConcepts because: Was going to correct my spelling errors but didn't! Why? Too many glasses of wine and said, f8ck it! You all are intelligent enough to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Our society has been marching forward with equal rights as the final destination for decades, and this is part of that journey. If women and men wish to be totally equal in the eyes of the government and society in general, then it seems that selective service registration (and that is all it is at this point--registration for selective service if it ever becomes necessary in the eyes of the government for another draft to occur) is part of that equality. If my sons have to register, then so should my daughters. Either no one has to register or everyone does...fair is fair. The idea of an actual draft is horrifying, yet I don't see how we can, in this day and age, limit the registration to just one gender any longer.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well Hillary supports it....

Hillary Clinton Thinks Women Should Be Included In The Draft

Of course she would.

IT just means she gets more money for supplying more women to Saudi Princes harems.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Have they decided on age range yet? I mean I'm sure 18 like the men, but to what age?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm game for that. We already have the Army Corps of Engineers to build stuff; just expand their scope. Much better use of the military constructing and contributing to society instead of killing, destroying, and making everyone in its vicinity miserable.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Women just got approval to join and already you want to ban assault wifels?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Call me sexist but I detest this.
I'm all for equal opportunity for women except when it comes to being shot up on a battlefield.
Isn't is bad enough the men of the world continue this barbaric tradition of warfare?
Weren't we always fighting to protect the women and children back at home?
What are we fighting for now then? Corporate domination?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I never understood why a country would send their best of the best to go get killed. Wouldn't this seriously water down the gene pool back home? As for women being required to sign up for the draft, equal rights might start to be looking pretty crappy about now! ( I kid.) I didn't even know that the US still has the draft either in use or as a backup in case they need it! Learn something new everyday!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Is that right ?

Everyone knows what I was talking about.

Sending them over to the middle east where gang rapes isn't given a second thought.

Neither is it right beheading males who are against the Islamic 'religion', male journalists, male...(insert title here). I'm tired of special interestgroups wanting special treatment in the name of equality but shrinking back when any distasteful situation arises they too must face. Hypocrites they are who are for equality but want exceptions because of the very difference they are striving to equalize......whatever it is.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
I never understood why a country would send their best of the best to go get killed. Wouldn't this seriously water down the gene pool back home? As for women being required to sign up for the draft, equal rights might start to be looking pretty crappy about now! ( I kid.) I didn't even know that the US still has the draft either in use or as a backup in case they need it! Learn something new everyday!

I used to wonder this too, and then I thought about it some more. If you're in a life and death struggle, do you really want to trust the job to anyone other than your best?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yep, not many battles were won using cannon fodder, but 99% were won by trained men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join