It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate approves women registering for the draft

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The U.S. Senate just passed the latest NDAA bill.

In that bill are provisions to make Women register for the Draft !!!

Well good for Women on this one.

But maybe they are gearing up for a real draft soon?

Women may soon be required to register for the military draft.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a $602 billion defense bill Tuesday that included an amendment that would require women to register for the draft -- also known as the selective service -- for the first time in history.

The National Defense Authorization Act passed 85-13, although some Republican senators protested against the inclusion of the provision pertaining to women and the draft.

Hup 2-3-4 Hup 2-3-4

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Finally EQUALITY

When will the ATS SJW's show up to celebrate with us?
edit on 15-6-2016 by Bennyzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The U.S. Senate just passed the latest NDAA bill.

In that bill are provisions to make Women register for the Draft !!!

Well good for Women on this one.

But maybe they are gearing up for a real draft soon?

Women may soon be required to register for the military draft.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a $602 billion defense bill Tuesday that included an amendment that would require women to register for the draft -- also known as the selective service -- for the first time in history.

The National Defense Authorization Act passed 85-13, although some Republican senators protested against the inclusion of the provision pertaining to women and the draft.

Hup 2-3-4 Hup 2-3-4

You can't have equal rights if you are treated differently. If women are in fact good enough to be in combat roles, the should be required to sign up for the draft.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'll bet the feminist didn't see that one coming!

I can't imagine seeing some of these SJW Feminists when they realize "WHAT? LIKE HELL I AM BEING DRAFTED TO DIE FOR THE MYSOGYNIST WHITE MAN!!!".

Ask an ye shall receive!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"If"? I FN held my own thank you very much. a reply to: Edumakated

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hee hee. This is funny. Right now it sounds like an 'administrative' thing. Kind'a like the way the Guard and Reserves didn't really think they may have ship out to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I can see it now, a few years hence when Donald Trump says every young man and woman should devote a minimum of three years to uniformed service ... to pay back all the debt 0bama racked up over his eight years.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am sexist.

Sorry.

I don't think it's a good idea to send this nations young women to fight a bunch of misogynists stuck in the dark ages, and thinks women are their property.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Hee hee. This is funny. Right now it sounds like an 'administrative' thing. Kind'a like the way the Guard and Reserves didn't really think they may have ship out to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I can see it now, a few years hence when Donald Trump says every young man and woman should devote a minimum of three years to uniformed service ... to pay back all the debt 0bama racked up over his eight years.

My daughter is a 16 year old Feminist!
Boy will she be pissed when I ask her, "How do you like your equality now?"

Odds are we as a country will be in total chaos before that point anyways....

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
im sorry, im too busy being horrified that the word 'draft' is being spoken in Washington to gloat over whatever in the hell is being gloated over.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Never thought I'd see so many people jumping for joy over the idea of a military draft...

Careful what you wish for folks.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
im sorry, im too busy being horrified that the word 'draft' is being spoken in Washington to gloat over whatever in the hell is being gloated over.

True that!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I am sexist.

Sorry.

I don't think it's a good idea to send this nations young women to fight a bunch of misogynists stuck in the dark ages, and thinks women are their property.

didn't realise america was about to have a civil war.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Never thought I'd see so many people jumping for joy over the idea of a military draft...

Careful what you wish for folks.

The selective service has been around for a while. It has been a very sexist program that singles out men and make it law that they register for the draft.

This bill is a massive step forward for equality. Men have been dying in war for centuries and it's about time we all shared the burden of war.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Is that right ?

Everyone knows what I was talking about.

Sending them over to the middle east where gang rapes isn't given a second thought.
edit on 15-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hell ya, maybe the men can stay back and do all the "war machine " jobs this time lol...

Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of women have served admirably throughout the years. But imagine the isis fighters being decimated by a faction of female warriors.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
Finally EQUALITY

When will the ATS SJW's show up to celebrate with us?

For what purpose? Women are still overwhelmingly the primary caregivers to children. If it wasn't overwhelmingly so, I would celebrate this.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

EQUALITY!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have no issue with this. There are other countries that already have female citizens compulsory registering for or participating in their armed forces.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: reldra

EQUALITY!!!!!!!

Equality when a huge percent of men don't duck childcare, child support and often denying even fathering a child.

Then I would say fine, great, in regard to selective service registration.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Pish posh...it amounts to a paper tiger...looks like a big step but given the youth of today and lack of respect for authority you really think people will fall in line with a draft...rubbish and it's meaningless..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join